Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

"George W. Bush is a seagull president..."

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 01:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
"George W. Bush is a seagull president..."

"...He swoops in, makes a lot of noise, craps over everything and flies away"

Without Reservation is a biweekly column by Karen Kwiatkowski, Lt. Col. USAF (ret.)

The column is too long to butcher with ellipsed points but is worth a read.

Here's the column linky

Last edited by Salty; 09-27-2004 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:48 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Good one Salty
Old 09-27-2004, 01:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by Salty
"...He swoops in, makes a lot of noise, craps over everything and flies away"

Hahahaha! What a great quote! I couldn't agree more! But the question is... does he pop if fed alkaseltzer?

-Chris
Old 09-27-2004, 01:53 PM
VIP Member

'High level incompetence seems to be the natural sea-state of our militarized foreign policy, launching forth with the proud Guardsman George W. Bush at the helm and Dick "Other Priorities" Cheney as navigator.

This track record of sheer stupidity, hubris and other seagull qualities is marred only by the existence of rare officers, like retired Marine General Tony Zinni, who knew their job, led their men and women, and spoke the truth to power about the inanity of the plan to invade Iraq early on. Looking further for aberrations to the rule, we find retired Army General William Odom, conservative through and through, who speaks the truth about Bush's fantasy adventure in Iraq, politely but publicly calling it "a strategic error." '

This is quite possibly the best article I have ever read. ... and brought to us by Salty no less! You have secretly been on our side all along, huh salty. Nothing but GREAT quotes in this article.

-Chris
Old 09-27-2004, 02:15 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
This is quite possibly the best article I have ever read. ... and brought to us by Salty no less! You have secretly been on our side all along, huh salty. Nothing but GREAT quotes in this article.

-Chris
Don't get too ahead of yourself...

I posted this because not all people in the military are right wing gun nuts like your poli-sci professor would have you believe. Some of them are Democrats -or- liberals like this USAF officer.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:32 PM
VIP Member

I posted this because not all people in the military are right wing gun nuts like your poli-sci professor would have you believe. Some of them are Democrats -or- liberals like this USAF officer.

I know they're not all right wing... hence I was a paying member of Gen. Clarks bid for the Democratic nomination. That guy would have been the best president in a while, but nay, the laymen thought he didn't have enough experience. (as if running a baseball team into the ground is *cough*Bush*caugh* But most are and you know it... maybe not nuts, but leaning to the right none the less.

-Chris
Old 09-27-2004, 02:45 PM
VIP Member

I'm actually quoting myself in order say that I have no ****ing idea what this Colonel represents after reading a couple of her articles...

http://www.lewrockwell.com/kwiatkows...wski-arch.html

She sounds like your everyday nut job... no wonder you guys like her.

See the resemblance?
Old 09-27-2004, 03:33 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
^^^

Ain't that the dude that cut his nutz off & killed himself in the name of Hale-Bop?
Old 09-27-2004, 03:39 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Oaf
^^^

Ain't that the dude that cut his nutz off & killed himself in the name of Hale-Bop?

Sure was... it's Marshall Applewhite of the Heaven's Gate cult.

Still trying to figure out what this Lt. Col's stance on politics is? So far I've come-up with Leftwing-Libertarian-Conservative?!
Old 09-27-2004, 04:35 PM
VIP Member

Triplets!

-Chris
Attached Thumbnails "George W. Bush is a seagull president..."-nutjobs.jpg   "George W. Bush is a seagull president..."-bushmean.jpg  
Old 09-27-2004, 08:28 PM

HAHAHHAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Awesome I didn't see that coming.

And I totally agree I would of loved to see Gen. Clark as the president. Oh well.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:40 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Unregistered
HAHAHHAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Awesome I didn't see that coming.

And I totally agree I would of loved to see Gen. Clark as the president. Oh well.

Yeah it's funny, because in most polls, people are voting based on personality, and most importantly whome they think will best fight terrorists and resolve Iraq, not the "issues". Yet, Gen. Clark, the former SUPREME ALLIED COMMANDER OF NATO, who would be the best at fighting terrorism and finishing Iraq out of all current candidates both republican and dem, lost the primaries because he was viewed as not having enough experience with "the issues"! People are dumb. I highly reccomend everyone here read the book "The Irony of Democracy." It goes on to show that a true democracy will always fail because the average civilain is poorly edjucated concerning politics and will subconsciouslywant to vote in corrupt governments. If Bush is re-elected, this will no longer be a theory, but fact.

-Chris
Old 09-27-2004, 09:11 PM
VIP Member

Gen. Clark was a tool... i'll get into it later.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:18 PM
VIP Member

Gen. Clark was a tool... i'll get into it later.

Wow, this is one subject on which I couldn't disagree with you more. I'm very eager to see why you don't like him... and REALLY interested to see why you think he would be worse than Bush.

-Chris
Old 09-28-2004, 10:10 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
Wow, this is one subject on which I couldn't disagree with you more. I'm very eager to see why you don't like him... and REALLY interested to see why you think he would be worse than Bush...

...Yet, Gen. Clark, the former SUPREME ALLIED COMMANDER OF NATO, who would be the best at fighting terrorism and finishing Iraq out of all current candidates both republican and dem, lost the primaries because he was viewed as not having enough experience with "the issues"!
I'm glad you mentioned NATO because it's obvious that you have no grasp on Gen. Clark's past...

You say Gen. Wesely Clark had the most experience in fighting terrorism as the NATO commander but what you didn't know is that Gen. Clark pretty much dug his own grave in Kosovo by trying to start WWIII. He had little experience in NATO and lost the trust of many European commanders that absolutely refused to start a massive conflict over a something Clark blew way out of proportion. He was known as a “spot-lighter” in the military for his past attempts at personal recognition and this exemplified that. This went down in the books among other U.S. and Allied commanders and eventually trickled down to lower enlisted as the type of leader he was.

Get this...his plan was to send an air assault team into Pristina airport to block Russian peacekeeping forces who had unexpectedly seized the same airport after the NATO air strikes ended. These same 3600 Russian peacekeepers were apart of the same NATO K-For force even though they weren't directly under Gen. Clark's control. As a result of that, Gen. Clark was so self-centered on personal achievement that he almost compromised the entire mission by blocking his own NATO forces.... the very same Russian K-For force that was ***** deep in an KLA (Kosovo Liberation Army) offensive to keep them from attacking the Serbs.

Oh it gets better... he was so determined in making a name for himself that he actually planned an airborne operation with the British Para's into a DZ that was riddled with high explosives. The designated DZ was a "bomb dump" during ALLIED FORCE. This DZ consisted of 45days worth of unexploded ordnance ranging from cluster bombs to pressure sensitive high explosives! Allied and other U.S. commanders were beside themselves at this point and wanted him out of Europe.

This, along with other integrity and character violations, led to Gen. Wesley Clark being fired as the NATO commander! Shortly after, Gen. Clark was forced into retirement and expeditiously removed from Europe . Nobody knows exactly what happened but is was bad enough to make Gen. Hugh Shelton and Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf turn their heads.

Gen. Hugh Shelton, who just so happened to be the CJCS during your beloved Clinton administration, was asked questions regarding Gen. Clark’s integrity. He took a gulp of water before answering his question and wished it was vodka Name:  lol.gif
Views: 4
Size:  641 Bytes :
Originally Posted by Gen. Hugh Shelton
"That question makes me wish it were vodka," said Shelton, according to the Los Altos paper. "I've known Wes for a long time. I will tell you the reason he came out of Europe early had to do with integrity and character issues, things that are very near and dear to my heart. I'm not going to say whether I'm a Republican or a Democrat. I'll just say Wes won't get my vote."
On November 6, retired Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf appeared on CNBC's Capital Report, hosted by Gloria Borger and Alan Murray, who asked him what he thought of Clark:
Originally Posted by Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
"I think the greatest condemnation against him . . . came from the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff when he was a NATO commander. I mean, he was fired as a NATO commander," Schwarzkopf replied, "and when Hugh Shelton said he was fired because of matters of character and integrity, that is a very, very damning statement, which says, `If that's the case, he's not the right man for president,' as far as I'm concerned."
Let’s not even get into the fact that both major politcal parties thought Gen. Clark was a front-running candidate willing to conform to anything as long as it satisfied his personal agenda. And let’s not get into the numerous things Gen.Clark did in garrison to further his career… I will tell you that Gen. Clark altered ARTEP evaluations by making a great deal of threats in order to try and get promotions. He also pressured graders to lie about ComSec violations that were part of his graded criteria to eventually become General… and no, the rating was not changed.

I never said Bush was better than Clark regarding doctrine but at least Bush is considered a strong leader in most parts of the world, including Europe. I’m not protecting Bush either as you know my personal stance on him too. I’m just explaining why Gen, Wesley Clark is a tool.

IBbutbushstartedWWIII

Say what you will but it still doesn't change the fact Clark's a self-absorbed, narcissistic idiot.

Last edited by Salty; 09-28-2004 at 10:59 AM.

Quick Reply: "George W. Bush is a seagull president..."