Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Funny Things about Obama

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 10:04 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Funny Things about Obama

1. Gun Owners Not Welcome on Obama's White House Team?

(CNSNews.com) – President-elect Barack Obama’s transition team is showing its hostility toward lawful firearm owners by “weeding out” job applicants who own firearms themselves, a Second Amendment group says.

The Illinois State Rifle Association (ISRA) notes that question 59 – part of a 63-item questionnaire given to Obama administration job applicants – asks for information about firearms owned by the applicant and his or her family
2.Obama Quits The Senate after 46 Months
Well, Barack Obama's Senate career didn't last long -- about 46 months.

But long enough to mount a 21-month campaign to move on to bigger digs. The Democratic president-elect announced today he'll resign his Illinois seat in the U.S. Senate on Sunday, just before the Senate is set to resume sessions. Something about a presidential transition period.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:48 PM

Car Info: 2005 forester
screw him!!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 05:24 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
resigning was a strategic move. under Illinois law if a sitting senator resign the gov picks his replacement. the gov there is a dem so BO's move ensures another Dem takes his seat instead of a potential loss in a special election
Old 11-15-2008, 08:22 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Misleading.

Nothing in the screening says that you cannot own a gun to be a member of his cabinet. They are just asking if you own one, and if so, has it ever been used to harm someone. This is after so many Washington scandals over the years, he doesn't want to deal with the scrutiny of another scandal in his office.

But if you want to read it as such that you cannot own a gun to be a member in his cabinet, that's the way that you decide to interpret it.

“Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun? If so, provide complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever lapsed? Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage.”
Wow, I can see exactly where it says that you can't own a gun..... not [/Wayne]

Last edited by Superglue WRX; 11-15-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
He wouldn't say you can't own a gun in the application... we all know that

But they can ask and use it against you if they consider hiring you for what ever political reason they'd like. Probably because he wants to ban weapons from everyone except the government and criminals
Old 11-16-2008, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by medicSTi
He wouldn't say you can't own a gun in the application... we all know that

But they can ask and use it against you if they consider hiring you for what ever political reason they'd like. Probably because he wants to ban weapons from everyone except the government and criminals
.... and people who work under him?

And he can require that you not own a gun. He can make virtually any requirements he wants, hence the 63 question application. It's obvious he's trying to avoid anyone with bad history. But our beloved right wingers just love to insinuate and imply things that aren't there. What's the new conservative moto?.... "When we're not in charge, be afraid!"

If there's one thing that you can count on for conservatives, it's fear.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:52 PM

Car Info: Car
That lazy bum. Just because you are president, doesn't me you can't be senator at the same time. [sarcasm]
Old 11-16-2008, 06:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
his cabinet member application is no more stringent than a Top Secret, SCI, or SAP clearance application.

what they do with the answers may be completely different though.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:56 PM

Car Info: 05 PSM WRX
his cabinet member application is no more stringent than a Top Secret, SCI, or SAP clearance application. what they do with the answers may be completely different though.
Kinda funny considering he probably wouldn't get a clearance himself under regular circumstances.

Oh well, if there is another scandal, you're just a racist for pointing it out..
Old 11-16-2008, 07:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by Tizzo27
Kinda funny considering he probably wouldn't get a clearance himself under regular circumstances.

Oh well, if there is another scandal, you're just a racist for pointing it out..
have you ever applied for or held a clearance?

they're not so hard to get. a lot of the questions are simply a barometer to see how honest the applicant is.

i'm sure he would qualify for, and get, a security clearance. i know people with criminal records who have gotten a top secret.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tizzo27

And in comes the race card. Lets keep dwelling on that.

Besides, he's half white, so you'd only be half racist.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:13 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
The "funny" part is that we elected a person with less than 4 yrs experience to be the POTUS, yet complained that another person with more experience wasn't qualified.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:22 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
good thing he is asking about gun ownership.

the last thing this country needs is another ****ing scandal when it comes to guns and people on the presidential staff shooting people when they.. oh wait.. there never has been.

so why does he want to know if you own a gun then?
Old 11-17-2008, 08:51 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
Originally Posted by RussB
have you ever applied for or held a clearance?

they're not so hard to get. a lot of the questions are simply a barometer to see how honest the applicant is.

i'm sure he would qualify for, and get, a security clearance. i know people with criminal records who have gotten a top secret.
Actually, he would NOT get clearance to be in the secret service. This is a known fact, so, he is not qualified to protect himself. Funny I think. Oh well.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:56 AM

Car Info: '02 silver WRX sedan
The funniest thing I could find was the link to CNSNews. Lots of funny stuff there.

There are plenty of questions in the questionnaire. Can't really find anything to substantiate the ISRA's suspicions.

Fear and smear, baby...

Quick Reply: Funny Things about Obama