Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Feds order California to release 43K inmates

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 09:19 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Lurk
FIXED

Never say never.
True. I'll give you that.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
carrying a weapon, to most people, is actually a bad thing as it makes you think you are "harder" or "tougher" than without one. Then you act on this, like as if you were drunk, and get beat down, and shot with your own gun.

now if you have proper training it could be a different story.
I guarantee that if someone tries to jack your car or steal your stuff, and you shoot them you will be on your way to jail, unless you have a great lawyer.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:36 AM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Here my plan. Put the top 43,000 criminals to death, and not only will you get rid of the overcrowding, but I can guarentee that you won't have near the crime rate after people see we aren't playing. You commit premeditated murder, you should be murdered.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:57 AM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
Originally Posted by SR20steve
Here my plan. Put the top 43,000 criminals to death, and not only will you get rid of the overcrowding, but I can guarentee that you won't have near the crime rate after people see we aren't playing. You commit premeditated murder, you should be murdered.
there are two issues with that...

1. If you kill a man for killing another, is that right. Should we do the same as they are doing to others?

2. Putting people to death costs alot of money.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:59 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Sorry, I forgot carrying guns makes you invincible.

My bad.
Guns do not make you invincible.
They do provide a great deterrent

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
No gun = sheep
gun = awesome cowboy?

If people want to carry guns with them, I say let them. But it won't turn you into a super hero.

I'm 29 years old and have never been at the mercy of some dirtbag. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?
You are doing it right; avoiding trouble is better than solving trouble.

Originally Posted by VRT Gump
carrying a weapon, to most people, is actually a bad thing as it makes you think you are "harder" or "tougher" than without one. Then you act on this, like as if you were drunk, and get beat down, and shot with your own gun.

I guarantee that if someone tries to jack your car or steal your stuff, and you shoot them you will be on your way to jail, unless you have a great lawyer.
Proper training is a requirement in obtaining a CCW.

None of you would think about taking a road trip with carrying a spare tire.
Guns are merely tools to be used properly.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by irrational x
and lets not for this gem:

UK more violent than South Africa
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...frica-U-S.html
Yes, England is the most violent country in Europe. Suggesting this is because of gun control is utter BS though because most countries in Europe have gun control. It is simply that the British are uncivilized hooligans - I should know, I am one
Old 08-07-2009, 01:01 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by Lorry
Yes, England is the most violent country in Europe. Suggesting this is because of gun control is utter BS though because most countries in Europe have gun control. It is simply that the British are uncivilized hooligans - I should know, I am one
because there is no repercussion for your actions... a bullet is an excellent deterrent.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:14 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
None of you would think about taking a road trip with carrying a spare tire.
Guns are merely tools to be used properly.
I've taken several road trips without spares...
Old 08-07-2009, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by irrational x
because there is no repercussion for your actions... a bullet is an excellent deterrent.
My previous post was obviously confusing, so I'll rephrase it:

England is the most violent country in Europe. Most European countries have gun control, so why aren't they just as voilent?

I'm suggesting that it isn't the gun control that makes England violent.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
I dont agree that the training alone will help

how many people have a drivers license, after completing the proper training, and still drive like crap.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:13 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
I dont agree that the training alone will help

how many people have a drivers license, after completing the proper training, and still drive like crap.
Driver's Licenses are issued to anyone who can darken in the circles on a scantron and press the accelerator. We have a pathetic standard for operating cars in this country.

Proper weapons training would most definitely help people understand gun control and decision making. I've never applied for the permit so I don't know how in depth the training goes, but considering the gun laws in this state, I would imagine they would be more demanding than a driver's test.

I'm tempted to go apply for a permit just for ****s and giggles. I used to be active duty so the government already has my *** on record anyway.

Paul, I'm assuming you have one, is it a long drawn out process?
Old 08-19-2009, 02:36 AM

Car Info: 05 PSM WRX

Not true..
Most people that I know that carry are much more easy going.. You don't start crap with someone, because you don't want to escalate the situation. The saying "an armed society is a polite society is very true." Folks that pick up a gun and become "superman" are Irrational thugs anyway.. They will carry guns and be violent in spite of any rules dictating otherwise.

Someone trying to carjack you is a generally considered Armed robbery..
Shooting someone in defense of life is generally legal. Though, arguably It would cost you a hefty sum in court depending on the responding LEO and County Prosecuter. (but then how much does being dead cost you?)

Last edited by Tizzo27; 08-19-2009 at 01:42 PM. Reason: cause I cant spell..
Old 08-19-2009, 09:54 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI
How do you get a CCW? I want to get a gun soon. It'll be my first, H&K 45? I totally would carry that heat in a briefcase.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:16 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant

Really? Because if I carried a gun around everywhere I personally would feel like a ****ING RETARD. There is nothing in the world I would want less than to pull a gun and NOT be prepared to use it, or in other words, come to the realization that I was an idiot in the last seconds of my life. There are very specific and rare situations where I would be prepared to use a gun in an attempt to kill another person. The statistical math is not in it for me. I do not have the experience, knowledge or training necessary to make those life/death decisions and I am glad that I do not have to. What really bothers me I guess is the people who think they DO have the training and experience necessary to decide whether one lives or dies on the street or worse yet, actually carries.

The only thing even worse than the self-percieved weapons expert is someone who reads some of this crap on an internet forum and is thus inspired to go buy a gun rather than say, take a weapons training course and THEN see about getting a gun. People are seldom focused on the operation of the device - only the POSESSION of the device and how hard they will look holding it. How many people have you met own a weapon but have never fired it? I have actually met a few and that is some scary crap!!! They are far worse than the friends of mine that own weapons, fire them regularly, but do not hit anything.

I am 32 and also have not yet been at the mercy of some dirtbag, that I know of. Maybe my time is coming, but I am very careful to not align myself with situations that would produce such experiences. I knew some pretty seedy characters and also saw what guns can do in the wrong hands in my youth in another state, and realized that if I didn't want this as part of my life, I needed to get out - so I did. These were mostly bored youths who felt like they were living gang warefare in Compton whilst thousands of miles away from any such danger. They created the danger themselves, and some people died because of this. I know this crap is out there, and I also know that if I were to have a gun back then as well, I probably would not be here today.

I am not in any way saying that guns kill people or guns are bad or anything like that. It's the people + guns that is the problem, especially when you throw a couple other things into the mix. Every time I see someone say something about how a gun gives you options, get your guns so you can be safe, it's just a tool, etc, I think about all these fools and what having guns did for them, because the comments were pretty much exactly the same.

Meanwhile less than 10 miles away from these neighborhoods was the house I lived in, which never once had a locked door and was never broken into in the 11 years my pops lived there. So why did those people have to die again? What was the danger again? It's all perception I guess. That's really the only thing to worry about. If someone *thinks* for some reason that you are now the enemy or the prey... If you find yourself at the butt end of this situation more than once, it's time to evaluate your surroundings.

I have had guns myself - I used to have a nice collection. I got rid of almost everything I had because I didn't use them - and I didn't want anyone else to, without my permission, while I owned them. Now, I go to ranges and rent a pistol or 3 here and there, and it's awesome. But there is never a time, NEVER EVER, when I don't look down at the weapon in my hand and have all kinds of things come into my mind based on the things I have seen and the power that I need to be in control of. Sort of makes me wonder what other people think - if it's like me, or the people I knew in my past who should have never, ever, ever, ever held a gun.

At the same time, I sometimes wonder what would happen if weapons handling were taught in schools - so that youths would know what guns were all about, and taught to take them seriously from a young age rather than getting all of their knowledge from TV.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:26 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
All I know is this is a super short sited solution.

I haven't read any articles or what not but my thoughts are WTF????

I mean if you're releasing homeless people in on pissing in public charges or pot heads or what not then o.k. But they're dropping people from felony charges to misdemeanor and releasing people that are no where near ready to be back in public. I don't know what they expect. These people are not rehabilitated and have nothing to give back to society. There is already a retarded amount of jobless and you're just going to add more people in to that system.

So the jail saves money but you're putting pressure on other parts of society. More criminals means more crime. More crime means more pressure on police departments facing cuts. Then more pressure on the courts. More pressure on our overused welfare system. More pressure on the healthcare system because you know these dumb ****s are gonna make babies. Etc etc etc.

This will help for about 6 months. Then it will start hurting.

Quick Reply: Feds order California to release 43K inmates