Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Falling Down

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 06:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Falling Down

If you've not seen the movie with Michael Douglas, it's about a middle-class dude who is divorced from his wife and child, if I remember he loses his job and other terrible things going on simultaneously in his life (it's been a while since I've seen it.)

Anyhow, he is fed up with the crime and the lack of accountability of illegal aliens in southern California and begins to act on his frustration, taking out his anger on people with deadly weapons.

Questions that obviously arise, is this just a story about a guy who gets fed up and uses all of those social frustrations as his excuse to get violent? Is this story justifiable due to the types of people that he is hurting/killing/terrorizing.

Last question. Even though you would never do anything to that degree yourself, do you ever or often find yourself imagining doing those same sorts of things?

I'll admit that I think of doing that stuff, in very fine detail, quite often. I am a pretty well-trained soldier, so imagining certain things such as this isn't too much of a stretch of imagination; although I can assure you that I will never act on them.

Thoughts?
Old 03-12-2005, 11:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Originally Posted by gpatmac
Last question. Even though you would never do anything to that degree yourself, do you ever or often find yourself imagining doing those same sorts of things?
Yes, not to the extent of course but I often visualize myself verbally abusing, embarassing in public or even bich slapping certain people. I've even had dreams where I've woken myself up or been woken up by mrs. vibeeleven because I was yelling at certain said people.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
or been woken up by mrs. vibeeleven because I was yelling at certain said people.
Boy, that sounds familiar, except I'm usually dreaming of snoring someone to death.