Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Does Obama want to ban guns and rifles?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 02:00 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
So what do you propose as a solution? If there are failed attempts to fix real problems do we forfeit the efforts and just ignore the problem, or do we try and find a better solution?

The "better solution" is to enforce existing laws, not create more "feel good" laws that will be ignored.

Kinda like the whole no driving whilst using cell phone law.
There's already a law preventing driving distracted...all the police had to do was enforce it.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:57 AM

Car Info: A crazy ass wagon ! Voltex and 18x9.5 +22 FTW !
Paul just curious.... and i dont mean this either way.. im just very curious. Do you think you should be able to own AS MANY FULL AUTOMATIC weapons as you want?
Old 10-24-2008, 08:14 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
I'm sure Paul won't mind when I answer for him.

.... the answer being "absolutely yes".
Old 10-24-2008, 08:14 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by Shagon Wagon
Paul just curious.... and i dont mean this either way.. im just very curious. Do you think you should be able to own AS MANY FULL AUTOMATIC weapons as you want?
If a person can legally own a shotgun, pistol, rifle, why not a fully automatic rifle?
So, yes.

I find it amusing that the same government that issued me an assault weapon to protect this country won't let me own one to protect my life/family.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
If a person can legally own a shotgun, pistol, rifle, why not a fully automatic rifle?
So, yes.

I find it amusing that the same government that issued me an assault weapon to protect this country won't let me own one to protect my life/family.
Active duty military != citizen
Old 10-24-2008, 08:16 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

I'm sure Paul won't mind when I answer for him.

.... the answer being "absolutely yes".
Thanks!

You all realize that there's never been a crime commited with a legally owned machine gun?

Most semi automatic "assault guns" are quite difficult to convert to select fire or full auto fire.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:33 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
So, yes.

Yeah I totally agree. Furthermore, the weapons soldiers carry in combat now are for the most part all semi-auto (rarely if ever is three round burst ever used). I guarantee I am a far more serious threat to the population at large with a Remington 700 bolt-action and a good optic than I am with a fully auto. If someone is going to go on a killing spree it will happen with whatever they can get there hands on, be it a gun or a chainsaw. People that go through the lengthy process of attaining firearms legally are not what the nation needs to be worried about. I buy my weapons through legal means, maintain them accordingly and have them locked up when they aren't in use (except for my daily carry weapon). If anything I am an asset to local security.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:17 AM

Your asset to local security are called police. We don't live by the OK Corral anymore. Walking around armed to the teeth would sooner provoke a shooting than prevent one.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:49 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Your asset to local security are called police. We don't live by the OK Corral anymore. Walking around armed to the teeth would sooner provoke a shooting than prevent one.

This is the most ignorant statement regarding this issue.

The OK Corral involved the police shooting civilians, some of which were alleged criminals.

Read "More Guns, Less Crime", look at the stats, etc.

You have no right to police protection!

If you call 9-1-1, the police do not have to respond, end of story.

Response time in my neck of the woods is 30 minutes if I'm lucky.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:08 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
why dont you look up the rate of violent crime in countries without gun rights. England for example has a much higher rate of violent crime. their gun violence is pretty low, but allot more people get beaten to death.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:08 PM

The OK Corral involved the police shooting civilians, some of which were alleged criminals.

Exactly, why in the hell would I wait or even make a phone call for that matter when my life is being threatened to have a guy that is likely not even close to as trained as I am in the use of firearms. It doesn't make sense. To think the government has the right to limit my ability to protect myself is bull****.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by irrational x
why dont you look up the rate of violent crime in countries without gun rights. England for example has a much higher rate of violent crime. their gun violence is pretty low, but allot more people get beaten to death.
Yup, outside of New Orleans there are not too many robberies and that's because everyone in the state of Louisiana owns a weapon and Louisiana has a "shoot the intruder" law. If anyone breaks into your home you have every right to kill them in the state of Louisiana, no questions asked. In New Orleans I always carry a concealed weapon. If all the law abiding citizens carried them how many robberies do you think there would be? Not many.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:14 PM

Car Info: A crazy ass wagon ! Voltex and 18x9.5 +22 FTW !

Looks like you have 30 minutes to hide the body and put the ar15 back in the gun cabinet hahaha dont shoot me
Old 10-24-2008, 01:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Yes we do live in the OK Corral cause if we showed up wearing firearms in a public place we'd probably be shot down in the street the same way, by the police that are our so called security.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:00 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by pbchief2
Yes we do live in the OK Corral cause if we showed up wearing firearms in a public place we'd probably be shot down in the street the same way, by the police that are our so called security.
i think its only "brandishing" if you have it in your hand

Quick Reply: Does Obama want to ban guns and rifles?