Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Delay wants new judge but is OK with attorney??

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 10:44 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
Question Delay wants new judge but is OK with attorney??

So he doesn't want Perkins Judging the case because he disagree's with Republicans.
Originally Posted by DeGuerin
In respectful tones, DeGuerin noted that Perkins (judge in case) had donated money to MoveOn.org, a liberal organization that he said has been "selling T-shirts with Mr. DeLay's mug shot on it." (actually false)
But his attorney doesn't agree with Republicans either.
Originally Posted by DeGuerin
As for DeGuerin's politics, his father worked for Lyndon B. Johnson while he was in Congress, and DeGuerin considers himself a loyal Democrat. He is not a prolific political contributor, but when he gives he largely backs Democrats.

But the candidate who has received the most contributions from DeGuerin is his former client Republican Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison. He has contributed about $10,000 to her campaigns between 1990 and 2006.
Didn't Delay's attorney prove that if the judge shouldn't be allowed to rule over the case. Then DeGuerin shouldn't be allowed to represent Delay?

Link to Judge Article
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/....ap/index.html

Link to Attorney Article
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/10/21/de....ap/index.html
Old 10-22-2005, 09:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Just a little OT but Delay's mug shot is absolutely priceless. It's like the perfect campaign photo. Pure genius. The problem is that you're confusing Loyal Texas Democrats to bottom feeding liberals that support liberal organizations that have never amounted to anything other than complaining and consuming bandwidth. There's a huge difference. The sooner a lot of leftists acknowledge this the sooner they can start winning some elections again. At least I hope they do to an extent. The other vital part to the equation is that Delay is paying DeGuerin a large sum of money to act in his best interest unlike the Judge.

According the Subaruguru, DeGuerin is the most badass trail lawyer in the southwest. He told me of a case where he defended a lunatic transvestite who killed a person (supposed lover) in cold blood, chopped him up, and threw him into the river. The police found everything BUT the head so DeGuerin's defense was that the person killed the other person by accident and that the evidence of that was in the head they could not find. The transvestite walked away. There's a few other stories that blew my mind as well. If anyone can get Delay off the hook it's DeGuerin. Being the competant trial judge DeGuerin is, he'd much rather consider Green instead of Blue or Red.

The problem is that nothing can clear Delay's name now. You have to wonder if this is what the prosecution wanted. Funny how there's an obvious conspiracy on the other side of the field, huh? All the liberal prosecution wanted was a shred of evidence at the very least to get him back to Texas. Although i'm sure they'd like to put Delay away and may do so, they'll be satisfied that he'll be in the judicial system for a long time. He's ****ed either way now.

Last edited by Salty; 10-22-2005 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:40 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Originally Posted by Salty
Just a little OT but Delay's mug shot is absolutely priceless. It's like the perfect campaign photo. Pure genius.
Sure about that?

Old 10-22-2005, 06:28 PM
VIP Member

Does that say 9/13/02 in the mug shot?

I'm refering to the one that's been getting X100 more play, moron http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphic...0051delay1.jpg
Old 10-22-2005, 08:01 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Does that say 9/13/02 in the mug shot?
Talk about priceless... you're arguing over which mugshot is being talked about. Multiple mugshots aint never a good thing.

It amuses me, too, how the Republican spin is "well, at least the Dems wont be able to make us look bad with that great MUG SHOT!!" The expecatations of our politically appointed leaders is absurdly low.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:34 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dub2w
It amuses me, too, how the Republican spin is "well, at least the Dems wont be able to make us look bad with that great MUG SHOT!!" The expecatations of our politically appointed leaders is absurdly low.
I wholeheartedly agree with you... but the photo lojasmo used to "slam dunk" his point was a photochop.

Last edited by Salty; 10-22-2005 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:57 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Is it just me or does Delay look like a alien?
Old 10-23-2005, 06:48 AM

I wholeheartedly agree with you... but the photo lojasmo used to "slam dunk" his point was a photochop.

Good catch.

In reference to the recent mugshot....do you think they're doing simultaneous body cavity searches?
Old 10-23-2005, 07:01 AM

Old 10-23-2005, 07:07 AM