Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Libs smearing Tom DeLay?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 12:03 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Libs smearing Tom DeLay?

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/28/politics/28delay.html

How do things like this even make the news? It's a sickening attempt to smear those against euthanasia.... makes me sick.

I don't think anyone has a problem with what DeLay's family did, because the situation was nothing like what's currently goin on.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:21 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
The link you provided doesn't say much about the situation DeLay faced. However, it is a case of 'let r live' vs 'let r die' to put in bluntly. And thus, DeLay is obviously a hypocritic a$$hole for trying to keep Schiavo alive. He, in his own life, had reason to take someone off of life support...but somehow when it's a 'party issue', it's not ok? That's a great example of how the two party system fails when people take sides like DeLay.
Reminds me of how our vice president is against gay marriage...but I'll put money on him attending his daughter's wedding to another woman if it ever happens. These politicians fight for ideals that they don't even agree with in their own personal lives.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by MVWRX
He, in his own life, had reason to take someone off of life support...but somehow when it's a 'party issue', it's not ok? That's a great example of how the two party system fails when people take sides like DeLay.
Reminds me of how our vice president is against gay marriage...but I'll put money on him attending his daughter's wedding to another woman if it ever happens. These politicians fight for ideals that they don't even agree with in their own personal lives.
I think you make a very good point....

Every single issue these days becomes a for us or against us issue with both parties. What happened to the days of both sides working together to find mutually beneficial resolutions?

Last edited by SilverScoober02; 03-28-2005 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:46 PM

The link you provided doesn't say much about the situation DeLay faced. However, it is a case of 'let r live' vs 'let r die' to put in bluntly. And thus, DeLay is obviously a hypocritic a$$hole for trying to keep Schiavo alive.
Oh, you mean the article doesn't state enough facts to know whether he's being hypocritical or not?

Even the Catholic church's position is that once you start giving someone nutrition and hydration, you shouldn't take it away. The church doesn't have a problem with what DeLay's family did.

DeLay's father couldn't even breath on his own, and was in a coma. How is that anything like the Schiavo case? In the latter, all but one family members are trying to keep her alive, and she only needs nutrition and hydration to survive. Need I point out the fact that the ONE family member who is killing her has committed adultery and established another family? How can he still call himself her husband?

Anyway, I find it interesting that you'd buy such partisan low-blows without giving it much thought.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:54 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
What I can't believe is that this is even considered a 'partisan' issue, and the reason it is one is because Jeb and George (the bada$$ brothers) felt that it should be one. Not only that, but they tried to make it an executive branch matter instead of a judicial one...that's just plain RETARDED. So don't call me the 'partisan' offender in this case...that honor goes to the Bush bros and their never ending quest for totalitarian power.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:28 PM

What I can't believe is that this is even considered a 'partisan' issue, and the reason it is one is because Jeb and George (the bada$$ brothers) felt that it should be one. Not only that, but they tried to make it an executive branch matter instead of a judicial one...that's just plain RETARDED. So don't call me the 'partisan' offender in this case...that honor goes to the Bush bros and their never ending quest for totalitarian power.
Well, they sure aren't good at it since She's going to die. If nothing else, it just shows which side of the aisle people are on.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:35 PM

It's the liberals who make DeLay look bad? I though he did that just fine all by himself.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by MoDrift
It's the liberals who make DeLay look bad? I though he did that just fine all by himself.
Is it the hair style? Just curious
Old 03-28-2005, 11:12 PM

No its his retarded comments on things he knows NOTHING about. If I had more time I would quote his silly ***. God and to think I believe I have met him.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:28 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Drudge reports: "Papers Link Delay to Russian Lobby" Oops

Picture of Delay sitting on one of those Russian dolls... kinda looks like he likes it
Old 04-06-2005, 10:32 AM

Car Info: 02 BRP 2.5RS-T
What's the difference between Pelosi and Delay?
http://www.washingtontimes.com/funct...5-123505-7189r
Old 04-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
Originally Posted by svxr8dr
What's the difference between Pelosi and Delay?
http://www.washingtontimes.com/funct...5-123505-7189r
One is a guy....

They are both dirty politicians.... you're point is?
Old 04-06-2005, 11:28 AM

Car Info: 02 BRP 2.5RS-T
My point is I can't hold one to a higher standard than the other...seems to be a lot of rock throwing going on in that glass house.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:27 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
a few subtle differences:

- the dollar amount was roughly 11 times that for Delay
- Pelosi's aid was researching alternative energy / public interest programs whereas Delay was only cozying up to elitist Russians

certainly not defending the common practice of getting money from special interests and carrying on other improprieties

Quick Reply: Libs smearing Tom DeLay?