Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Declining support for the war/Veterans day coming up

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 07:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Declining support for the war/Veterans day coming up

Just the other day I remember someone speaking about how soldiers were treated following the Vietnam war and how bad it was during that time and they were relating it to OIF. I just don't understand how people at that time could treat the returning soldiers the way that they did, and I stated that I couldn't see that happening now-a-days. (at least not to the scale of back then because face it there will always be crazies and nut-jobs)

My point is I am glad that even though support for the war is waning and the American public is upset at the administration for the handling of it, Americans now make the distiction between the bureaucrats that send our sons and daughters to war and our sons and daughters that make up the troops that are sent to war.

Case in point: Last Sunday I was at the Lions game (go ahead and insert funny/worn out Lions football joke here) and at the half they introduced some Michigan Guardsmen that had just returned from a tour in Iraq. Immediately these men got a standing ovation, which reminded me of the Budweiser commercial that was circulating a while back. I am just glad to see that people honor and respect the servicemen and women who fight to keep us safe day in and day out, and don't take out the frustrations that many Americans have with the Admin on the fighting men and women.

Thanks for listening to me ramble on about this subject. Now I will take this opportunity to thank all the men and women that fight so that I can have the wonderful life that I have....Thank you, Happy Veterans day on the 11th

This one's for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwXo4PnTMYA
Old 11-10-2006, 09:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Thank you, Scoober.