Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Captured GIs killed... beheaded?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 06:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by 06WRX4ME
I had a guy in the airport on my way home from Iraq say I was a murderer and evil because I was there. I asked him if his children were safe the last 6 months and when he said yes I said your welcome and walked away.
Good for you about the walking away at the airport. I don't know that I could have been so restrained in your situation.

That guy should have caught a beating IMO.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:48 AM
VIP Member

as far as the main things going on in the country its like this.
You have one guys, lets say John, who tells on his neighbor, Ted, for having weapons and mortars. We go and raid Ted's house and find a good number of the items mentioned. Once we leave the area the stuff in John's house, which is more than we found at Ted's is moved to Ted's because we have been there already. Then when we figure it out we go back and find someone watching the weapons and kill them. Now its murder.
I dont agree with anyone getting killed, but if you are supporting the enemy you are wrong. When I went through my training before I went they said if someone showed force in a manner to harm you, you could retaliate. If that meant a rock or a stick or an AK47 or IED, you can stop then from what they are doing.
I don't have any problem with taking the gloves off and getting the job done but if you deliberately kill women and children (and it can be shown beyond a reasonable doubt) then you should be court-marshalled it's just that simple. Kill all the enemy corroborators as you want though.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
IF it can be shown beyond a resonable doubt.
This is key. I just don't see it happening seeing how a majority of us have already found them guilty despite evidence.

I trust they will get a fairer trial in a military court than in a federal court back here in the states.
True. Unfortunately, i'm sure the jury will consist of brass that haven't held a rifle since OCS or ROTC.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
The worst thing is that these guys are going to get in trouble for doing there job so many times and then the guys after them are not going to want to do anything because if you mess up you get burnt. Eventually it will be a situation where the troops just dont want to do anything so they wont get in trouble and then we are screwed because we wont be able to properly do there job.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:24 PM
VIP Member

The worst thing is that these guys are going to get in trouble for doing there job so many times and then the guys after them are not going to want to do anything because if you mess up you get burnt. Eventually it will be a situation where the troops just dont want to do anything so they wont get in trouble and then we are screwed because we wont be able to properly do there job.
I think we've already come this point in time.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:29 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Salty
This is key. I just don't see it happening seeing how a majority of us have already found them guilty despite evidence.
Fortunately it doesn't matter what people think that aren't in the jury.

Originally Posted by Salty
True. Unfortunately, i'm sure the jury will consist of brass that haven't held a rifle since OCS or ROTC.
This is where my knowledge of the military court system lacks. I was hopefull that they would truly be a jury of their peers. Some seeing time in Iraq and some being those OCS/ROTC that you speak of. A good mix would be the best so you get both sides of the coin. But then that brings into question whether someone who has never seen combat could ever judge the actions of someone in combat. Or just to play Devil's advocate, would there be bias from someone who has served in combat in the WOT or could they be impartial? It is a very slippery slope. Like I said, if there is damning evidence that there were innocent civilians killed, then they deserved to be punished, but if it is just a bunch of Iraqi witnesses that are saying that is what happened, then throw it out and let em go. Our soldiers have earned that much as to get the benefit of the doubt, IMO.

Just a civilians .02 cents though.....

Last edited by SilverScoober02; 06-23-2006 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
Sorry, I just get so mad because I have been there and seen what happens and tend to get a little carried away.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:25 PM
VIP Member

This is where my knowledge of the military court system lacks. I was hopefull that they would truly be a jury of their peers. Some seeing time in Iraq and some being those OCS/ROTC that you speak of. A good mix would be the best so you get both sides of the coin. But then that brings into question whether someone who has never seen combat could ever judge the actions of someone in combat. Or just to play Devil's advocate, would there be bias from someone who has served in combat in the WOT or could they be impartial? It is a very slippery slope. Like I said, if there is damning evidence that there were innocent civilians killed, then they deserved to be punished, but if it is just a bunch of Iraqi witnesses that are saying that is what happened, then throw it out and let em go. Our soldiers have earned that much as to get the benefit of the doubt, IMO.

Just a civilians .02 cents though.....
I'm not too familiar with court martial
Old 06-24-2006, 09:04 AM
VIP Member

Man I love *** & Forkum

Name:  coxforkum.gif
Views: 10
Size:  55.2 KB
Old 06-24-2006, 05:15 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
that pic speaks for it self!!!! i love it it is nothing but the truth.