Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

California Coruption

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 11:41 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
California Coruption

First Arnold's 'very expensively special election for nothing' and now this *****...and you conservatives wonder why CA stays a liberal state...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051128/...essman_s_house
Old 11-28-2005, 11:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
I wouldn't call it a liberal state. It's only a liberal state courtesy of a few liberal areas that just so happen to have more pull for the somewhat sane dems.

Face it, the Dems and Liberals of this state are just as bad. Don't forget why we voted in Arnold, who voted him in, and who he replaced (a dem).
Old 11-28-2005, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Salty
It's only a liberal state courtesy of a few liberal areas that just so happen to have more pull...

Oh, you mean the CITYS? Where all the PEOPLE live? A 'few liberal areas' hahaha...everything that isn't liberal is either a)orange county and parts of SD+silicon valley where rich people moved into from out of state or b)areas that look more like Kansas than CA.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:41 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
I wouldn't call it a liberal state. It's only a liberal state courtesy of a few liberal areas that just so happen to have more pull for the somewhat sane dems.
Huh? I suppose New York isnt a liberal state either? The most densely populated areas in CA are predominantly liberal. I would say that fact makes it a liberal state.

Face it, the Dems and Liberals of this state are just as bad. Don't forget why we voted in Arnold, who voted him in, and who he replaced (a dem).
Name one Democratic congressman in the past 10 years that has taken bribes to steer defense contracts.

Once again, another Republican voter plays the "we are all guilty of something" card to duck accountability.

This is who represents your party. Pathetic

Old 11-28-2005, 02:06 PM
VIP Member

So all the people live in the Bay Area and Los Angeles, huh? You do realize that all those other counties add up, right? And that even though there's a good concentration of dems and liberals in Los Angeles and a very high amount in the Bay Area, there's still Republicans and Conservatives with a voice. You really do let your elitism shine through.

California REALLY consists of a majority of sane Democrats first that fall into the majority, sane Republicans second that fall into the minority, crazy liberals third that fall into the majority, and conservatives last that fall into the electoral minority. California only gets viewed as being more liberal because what the left supports and passes tends to get a lot more coverage as its controversial. And because liberals fall into the California majority with their Democratic counterparts, everyone hears what’s happening from the scum from Kalifornia first. Sorta like how we only hear the crap being covered in Iraq.

So if California is sooooo liberal then explain to me why 4 of the last 6 Governors were Republicans with one of the Republicans being the poster child for Conservatives and Republicans as President? Then explain why one Dem Governor got the boot so a Republican could take his spot. This happens because a lot of people tend to fall in the middle.

Last edited by Salty; 11-28-2005 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:07 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dub2w
Name one Democratic congressman in the past 10 years that has taken bribes to steer defense contracts.

Once again, another Republican voter plays the "we are all guilty of something" card to duck accountability.

This is who represents your party. Pathetic

The great part about leaning toward the middle is that I absolutely agree with you.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:32 PM

I'll bet this goes all the way up through the republican party. But I also bet that the republicans will amputate their blackened appendage before any questions can work their way up to the Cheny+Haliburton level...
Old 11-28-2005, 03:45 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
This "man" broke the law and needs to be punished.

However, the only difference between Cunningham and, say, Al Gore Sr/Jr, is that he got caught.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:48 PM

...really? So if others didn't get caught, how do you know what they've done...
Old 11-28-2005, 04:01 PM

I guess CA is 'barely' liberal if you consider 1,235,659 people to be a small margin...we're not talking about 10s or 100s, or even 100s of thousands which could result in any type of recount...this is 1.2 million people.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pag...tates/CA/P/00/

And to be honest, if every person in the state actually voted I'm positive that the state would be revealed to be even more liberal in terms of its citizens. There are a lot of young liberals and disenfranchised (with the voting system) liberals that aren't counted.

Last edited by MVWRX; 11-28-2005 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:28 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by MVWRX
...really? So if others didn't get caught, how do you know what they've done...
OK...how 'bout caught, tried, & convicted?
It's a matter of public record, but here's a hint: Occidental Petroleum & Federal Oil Reserves.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:47 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Originally Posted by Oaf
OK...how 'bout caught, tried, & convicted?
It's a matter of public record, but here's a hint: Occidental Petroleum & Federal Oil Reserves.
Ooh...innuendo. .Pretty sophistocated, for you, oaf.

How about a credible link that even suggests that gore committed improprieties. (hint...you won't be able to provide one)

Besides, the challenge was one democratic congressman in the last ten years
Old 11-29-2005, 02:39 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MVWRX
And to be honest, if every person in the state actually voted I'm positive that the state would be revealed to be even more liberal in terms of its citizens. There are a lot of young liberals and disenfranchised (with the voting system) liberals that aren't counted.
Same thing works for Conservatives and Republicans so what's your point? There’s red in those voter demographic maps from 2004, remember?

Why do people categorize a member of their opposing party that did something wrong as if everyone in the same party has been giving him head for the past 10 years? As if we're somehow in cahoots with his actions and condone them by association? Fact of the matter is Oaf and I have more reason to be more applaud than you and dub2w. And it's a reason you'll probably have to Google because you were so quick to make it a partisan issue. He sold out so **** him.

I've just realized how truly idiotic this type of thinking is and I apologize if I’ve ever done it to any of you. It will not happen again. From this day forward I will attack the ideals and nothing by association in regard.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:00 PM

First of all, the same does not hold true of republicans/conservatives; in general they vote in higher percentages than liberals (pretty common knowledge). But that is really beside the point.

The reason I catagorized this particular republican as one who is representative of his party is because of his role in 'republicanizing' parts of San Diego.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_%...%22_Cunningham
He certainly tows the party line and at one point was well liked by his fellow republicans. So I feel no need to hold him apart from conservatives or the republican party just because it was found that he is a cheat and lier. I do see your point about assuming the rest of the party is guilty by association, but in this case I believe he is too much a functional and public leader of sorts in the republican party to deny that his guilt reflects poorly on the GOP.

The guy was clearly one of the best fighter pilots the world has seen, but he did EXACTLY what politicians are stereotyped as being bad guys for. I agree that this is not entirely a partisan issue, but with the republican party's affinity for giving military contracts, even you can't deny that this is somewhat of a partisan issue.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:55 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Exactly. This is not an entirely partisan issue, but it is another steaming lump of dung on the ****-pile that is the state of the Republican party. Historically speaking, I cant recall a more tumultuous period for a single political party in the modern American era (post-WWII).

This issue, in particular, speaks volumes mainly because he was awarding defense contracts, contracts whose need has arisen due to our occupation in the Middle East.

Quick Reply: California Coruption