Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Bush lowers standards and decides to take one for the team.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 09:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Bush lowers standards and decides to take one for the team.

It seems like Bush has given up on the classy supermodel and moved on to the drunken fat chick.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...qfallbywayside

WASHINGTON — Despite continuing violence and instability, President Bush (news - web sites) has stuck doggedly to his central message on Iraq (news - web sites): There is no need to change course because the administration's plan for planting democracy in the Middle East is working.

Yet behind the unwavering public posture, there is evidence that the Bush administration has altered its approach. It has lowered its hopes for the type of democracy that can be achieved, changed course on its plans to privatize Iraq's economy and reordered its priorities by devoting more money to improving security as fast as possible.

Rep. Jim Kolbe (news, bio, voting record) (R-Ariz.), chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, said administration officials have told him privately that they have lowered their expectations. "They've definitely recalibrated their goals," he said. "One of them told me: 'When we went in there, I thought we would build American-style democracy. Hell, I'd be happy with Romanian-style democracy now.' "

"It doesn't mean you abandon" the Iraqis, Kolbe added. "It reflects what is realistic, what is doable." Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld echoed that sentiment Friday, when asked what it would take for the United States to declare victory and begin to withdraw.
Assuming this new plan works, is it possible to claim victory after sleeping with the fat chick when you were hoping to bag the prom queen?

Last edited by Salty; 09-27-2004 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:36 PM

I'd like to bring you guys back to this previous thread, https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...0&page=2&pp=20 where I was told that no everything was going fine and things are getting better.

All I have to say is, I TOLD YOU SO. And I can only see things getting worse for sometime.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by Unregistered
I'd like to bring you guys back to this previous thread, https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...0&page=2&pp=20 where I was told that no everything was going fine and things are getting better.

All I have to say is, I TOLD YOU SO. And I can only see things getting worse for sometime.

Yeah man... this is an "I told you so" that I wish wasn't true, but alas, it is.

-Chris
Old 09-27-2004, 09:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry

Huh? That thread was a week ago! I would have given you the benefit of the doubt after a couple months but give me a break. You can probably still smell the gunpowder in the air from the carbomb attacks since that last thread was posted.

Last edited by Salty; 09-27-2004 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:23 AM

I have been saying it for quiet sometime. And I pointed out the foreign press which has been saying this for MONTHS....but yeah I wish it wasn't true because people are dieing.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
I have been saying it for quiet sometime. And I pointed out the foreign press which has been saying this for MONTHS....but yeah I wish it wasn't true because people are dieing.
A lot of us have been saying this for months, whether we all had true insight or were just nay sayers is debatable. I must say though that I don't think Bush is lowering his standards to "take one for the team", but instead that his standards were unrealistically high in the first place. It was rather naive to expext "American Style Democracy", which doesn't always work here, in a country that has never known democracy. From Xercsies and his Persian empire to the present time, that region has not only never known democracy but has always tried to fight it. Look up Xercsies and his fight against the Greeks (originators of democracy) and you will see this is nothing new. I don't think what their religion teaches them helps much either.

-Chris