Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Bush evesdropping story... do Americans actually care?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 04:52 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
Looks like we are on our way to the day when anyone who voices their opposition to the regime will be labeled a threat.
I believe we're already there.

Remember when DeLay appropriated resources designated as homeland security resources in order to track down the Texas lawmakers who left the state to thwart DeLay's gerrymandering tactics.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by subiedon
.that all there is to it...JEALOUSY....they hate america so much because they cannot enjoy what our county has to offer us...
That's total crap. They hate america because of our imperialist practices.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:48 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by lojasmo

So you just throw out the opinion of a first generation immigrant just like that?

Please name our imperialist injustices, and don't pretend this all started with Iraq.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 12-22-2005 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: SCBYDON

that's your opinion...

maybe i should have not generelized...

my statement is actually backed up by me experience which makes it a fact at least from where im coming from. a good friend of mine who has been anti-america since we were in high school is one of the leaders of aN ANTI-america movement in the PI...he was there when they demanded the U.S. bases be removed (Clark Air Force and Subic Naval-a stupid move i believe since we only have 2 WW2 aircrafts, and several amphibious vehicles for protection in case one of our neighboring Asian countries decides to invade us), they also rallied against the U.S.-Phil Joint Forces Training against Terrorism...so bottom line, him and his cronies are very nationalistic and is against any foreign intervention, which has been only support and aid from the US ever since Gen. Douglas McArthur famous words "I shall return." Ok, there was a Fil-Am war after the spanish colonization, but they eventually let us run our own government. So, basically, America has done nothing but help...

so I asked him why he and his cronies hate america so much if everything the US has done but help,he said its because of the fact that America is a great country and the good that it has to offer its people...he hates america because it makes him feel oppressed whenever they come over to intervene (which is by the way to aid the nation, never invaded). so bottomline he mentioned that its just jealousy and pride, a sense of nationalism...

i don't know, but to me that's just stupid, i guess life over there will never change, , well, ever since i left in 89, the poor got poorer or died, and the rich got richer and are now political figures, who barely graduated from college if that, are actors, who continues to corrupt the gov't...just look at the former impeached president Ejercito Estrada....experts say he finished high school.....

Last edited by subiedon; 12-22-2005 at 10:04 AM.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:30 AM

that's your opinion...
Based upon statements made by key al-qaeda figures.

Your friend's opinion has nothing to do with "our freedoms" and everything to do with our policies of interventionalism...thank you for backing my assertion.

P.S. the history of the U.S. in the phillipines has everything to do with corporate hegemony, and nothing to do with assistance. that's why the people who live there are opposed to our presence there.

U.S. Brig. Gen. Jacob H. Smith: "I want no prisoners. I wish you to kill and burn, the more you kill and burn the better you will please me. I want all persons killed who are capable of bearing arms in actual hostilities against the United States."
Major Littleton W. T. Waller: How young?
Smith: Ten years and up.

Last edited by lojasmo; 12-22-2005 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:32 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Well said. Liberals, suck on that for a little

...Americans always have and always should have the freedom to endanger ourselves and ruin our country, if we mess up. That's the way a democracy works, it can be screwed up if the majority makes a mistake. Giving more power to a centralized government does NOT ensure more freedom, or even safety, it merely ensures that the democratic system will lose power.

But you should know that helladumb...you are a self-proclaimed 'conservative' after all...you know the danger of a strong centralized federal government...

neocons really do suck, and helladumb really is their mascot.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:40 AM
VIP Member

Based upon statements made by key al-qaeda figures.

Your friend's opinion has nothing to do with "our freedoms" and everything to do with our policies of interventionalism...thank you for backing my assertion.
well, like i said, he hates america because of what we have here....ie "our freedom", the fact that coke can simply say that pepsi sucked, that letterman and leno can bash our president....we cannot do that over there, we will be killed if we do...so he is jealous of americans, because of this among several hundred good reasons, that' s why he hates 'em, and its not his opinion....its a fact for him....
Old 12-22-2005, 10:45 AM
VIP Member

P.S. the history of the U.S. in the phillipines has everything to do with corporate hegemony, and nothing to do with assistance. that's why the people who live there are opposed to our presence there.

U.S. Brig. Gen. Jacob H. Smith: "I want no prisoners. I wish you to kill and burn, the more you kill and burn the better you will please me. I want all persons killed who are capable of bearing arms in actual hostilities against the United States."
Major Littleton W. T. Waller: How young?
Smith: Ten years and up.
wow...i guess US should be as well be comparable to **** germany from that statement

to be honest...that is nothing compared to what we have experienced from the spaniards and japanese

what was the date of your quote??

which also explains why gen. mcarthur returned and aided us from the japanese....yeah....like i said there was the Fil-Am war, but US did save/helped us from the spaniards and in WW2....

Last edited by subiedon; 12-22-2005 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:55 AM
VIP Member

as for U.S. corporate hegemony....speaking for myslef, i am willing to have them stay there, if we would have a better economy, government, justice system, infrastracture, industries etc...its worth a try compared to what we have going on right now

if only they signed that agreement to make the PI one of its states, they didn't because life was ok back then, not much corruption, and life was simpler....

oh man, life would be perfect.....living the american life in the islands just like hawaii or maybe better since we have more islands there haha...i don't think any filipinos would have migrated here after that...maybe just to visit for some cold weather

Last edited by subiedon; 12-22-2005 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
So you just throw out the opinion of a first generation immigrant just like that?

Please name our imperialist injustices, and don't pretend this all started with Iraq.
Ha ha.

1) We can start with stealing america from the native americans.

2)CIA involvement in the assassination of Rafael Leónidas Trujillo, their former ally in the Dominican Republic, in 1961

3)Political and economic intervention in Chile against president Salvador Allende; contacts with military officers planning to overthrow Allende.

4)Following overthrow of the dictator Anastasio Somoza Debayle in Nicaragua by the Sandinistas, the CIA supports the Contras from 1979 - 1989

5)Sale of small arms and weapons production materials to Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War

6)Sale of arms to Iran (see Iran–Contra Affair)

7)Training of Nicaraguan Contras and support to military regimes in Honduras, Guatemala, Panama, and South America during the 1980s.

8)Support for military dictator Efraín Ríos Montt in Guatemala {1982-1983.} Alleged CIA support for the coup that brought him into power.

9)Support to coup against Timoci Bavadra, democratically elected Prime Minister of Fiji in 1987.

10)Support to the Venezuelan opposition in the run-up to the referendum on Hugo Chávez' rule.

11)Armed and trained the talliban in proxy war with the Soviet Union
Old 12-22-2005, 10:59 AM

as for U.S. corporate hegemony....im willing to have them stay there, if we would have a better economy, government, justice system, infrastracture, industries etc...
Big "if" I think.

if only they signed that agreement to make the PI one of its states....oh man, life would be perfect.....living the american life in the islands...i don't think any filipinos would have migrated here after that...maybe just to visit for some cold weather
So this is how much we are hated for our freedoms?
Old 12-22-2005, 11:01 AM

which also explains why gen. mcarthur returned and aided us from the japanese....yeah....like i said there was the Fil-Am war, but US did save/helped us from the spaniards and in WW2....
Make no mistake: If the phillipines were not a strategic resouce for America, we wouldn't have been doing squat for them for the last 100 years.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:04 AM
VIP Member

one question, if you hate america so much, then why do you live here?? as for me i don't, which is why i moved from the PI to here...and never left since...

so why not go to the countries that america has oppressed and help them fight america instead of typing all these posts, at least you are fighting for your cause, don't go to peace rallies here in u.s soil, its not as fulfilling if you actually wen to the oppressed and helped

maybe you can fly to iraq and help drive away the u.s . forces, i dont' know...so much hate you have, then fight the U.S.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:06 AM
VIP Member

Make no mistake: If the phillipines were not a strategic resouce for America, we wouldn't have been doing squat for them for the last 100 years.
yes i am aware of that, and thank god for our location in the world.....i just hope they keep doing it, cause korea is just around the corner in case Hae-chan goes wacko
Old 12-22-2005, 11:10 AM
VIP Member

So this is how much we are hated for our freedoms?
no i was merely pointing out an alternative they could have taken, since america offered a trial/temporary time for the transition, they could have at least taken it and withdrew if we didn't like it

we are hated because we have everything, and most of us are not aware that we subconsciously abuse what we have and still complain, which a lot of third world people are willing to risk their lives for....

Quick Reply: Bush evesdropping story... do Americans actually care?