Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Bush evesdropping story... do Americans actually care?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 09:29 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
And here is the knock-out punch for you Bush-haters:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5063305

ACLU: Files Show FBI Spied on Activist Groups
by Ari Shapiro

"All Things Considered, December 20, 2005 · The American Civil Liberties Union says it has FBI documents that show terrorism investigators monitored People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, Greenpeace and other activist groups. The FBI says members of those groups were found to have connections to terrorist organizations under investigation.The ACLU obtained the documents under a Freedom of Information request."

How do you like them apples?

This proves my contention that many of these "peace groups" are indeed anti-American.

1-2-3 you are down for the count...
Old 12-21-2005, 11:01 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Where your argument fails:

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
The FBI says ..
Old 12-21-2005, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by lojasmo
Where your argument fails:
You must carry smelling salts for occasions like this?
Old 12-21-2005, 11:06 AM

You must carry smelling salts for occasions like this?
I saw absolutely no proof of any connections to terrorism, or any arrests made by these activities.

As far as I'm concerned, this is an unnamed FBI source pulling a CYA maneuver.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by lojasmo
I saw absolutely no proof of any connections to terrorism, or any arrests made by these activities.

As far as I'm concerned, this is an unnamed FBI source pulling a CYA maneuver.
See no evil, hear no evil, ......

Old 12-21-2005, 12:13 PM

And here is the knock-out punch for you Bush-haters:
Exactly how is the governments abuse of its powers to repress the free speech and right to peaceful demonstration guaranteed by our Constitution the knock out punch for Bush-haters? I am pretty sure that is exactly what the Bush-haters accuse him of. It is just a case of: First, gain free reign to do anything you want to 'terrorists' and then, label everyone you don't like as a 'terrorist'. Unfortunately most people are too young to remember Sen. McCarthy in the 50's but just substitute 'communist' for 'terrorist' in everything you read today and you get the picture. McCarthyism protected America from the vile threat of communist infiltrators, such as Rosenberg while simultaneously being used to oust other slightly less vile infiltrators like the insidious Charlie Chaplin and Arthur Miller.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:16 PM

Mind if I paraphrase in layman terms?

Here we go:
Iconoclast confused liberal writing style into plain English:

I hate America.
The U.S. President should not do everything possible within the law to protect America, because it would adversly affect those trying to destroy our country.
We don't want to infringe upon the rights of our enemies now, do we?
Like Senator McCarthy, Bush is doing everything to protect our great nation. How dare he? How dare he act patriotic? He should just relax and call Lewinsky over.
We need real role models like Sean Penn (aka Penn-ladin), or Martin Sheen. They want a strong America where patriotism and nationalism are a capitol offense!
Yeah for liberal insanity!

Merry Christmas!

Love,
Hella

Originally Posted by The Iconoclast
Exactly how is the governments abuse of its powers to repress the free speech and right to peaceful demonstration guaranteed by our Constitution the knock out punch for Bush-haters? I am pretty sure that is exactly what the Bush-haters accuse him of. It is just a case of: First, gain free reign to do anything you want to 'terrorists' and then, label everyone you don't like as a 'terrorist'. Unfortunately most people are too young to remember Sen. McCarthy in the 50's but just substitute 'communist' for 'terrorist' in everything you read today and you get the picture. McCarthyism protected America from the vile threat of communist infiltrators, such as Rosenberg while simultaneously being used to oust other slightly less vile infiltrators like the insidious Charlie Chaplin and Arthur Miller.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: SCBYDON
LOL, im just happy to be in america...and its oppurtunites it has to offer for me and my family...better than my life in the PI...i may be in jail, dead, or a junkee had i not migrated over here...im still proud to be a filipino, but not happy to live there right now
Old 12-21-2005, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by subiedon
LOL, im just happy to be in america...and its oppurtunites it has to offer for me and my family...better than my life in the PI...i may be in jail, dead, or a junkee had i not migrated over here...im still proud to be a filipino, but not happy to live there right now
But life in America under The Patriot Act must be so oppressive, no?

Merry Christmas
Old 12-21-2005, 03:01 PM
VIP Member

i'd rather have my life/family/country protected from enemies, foreign or domestic, than worry about rights, freedoms, etc...what good would that serve me if i'm dead...the problem with this country and the people in it is that it has too much freedom/rights that a little tweaking for national security ie" protecting americans/u.s citizens is like a mortal sin

lke i said, i can't complain much since i m living a decent life here, heck i might even be abu sayaf if i was still there...that all there is to it...JEALOUSY....they hate america so much because they cannot enjoy what our county has to offer us...

you may think that chewing gum while walking in flip flops on semi paved cement sidewalk in your local town is nothing, but to someone in the jungles of Mindanao...that is a luxury

like i said, im just fortunate, not that i don't care, as long as my family is safe and have good life, then that's where i'll be,and for now that place is America, and in order for me to take part of its oppurtunities, is for it to have a safe america above all else

Last edited by subiedon; 12-21-2005 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
life in America isnt as unsafe as they make it out to be. Its not like we're all going to be killed tomorrow if Bush doesnt do unlawful things to "protect" us. Id Bush can forget about any law he wishes, how much is there to protect? Our rights obviously mean nothing.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:39 PM

Well said. Liberals, suck on that for a little

Originally Posted by subiedon
i'd rather have my life/family/country protected from enemies, foreign or domestic, than worry about rights, freedoms, etc...what good would that serve me if i'm dead...the problem with this country and the people in it is that it has too much freedom/rights that a little tweaking for national security ie" protecting americans/u.s citizens is like a mortal sin

lke i said, i can't complain much since i m living a decent life here, heck i might even be abu sayaf if i was still there...that all there is to it...JEALOUSY....they hate america so much because they cannot enjoy what our county has to offer us...

you may think that chewing gum while walking in flip flops on semi paved cement sidewalk in your local town is nothing, but to someone in the jungles of Mindanao...that is a luxury

like i said, im just fortunate, not that i don't care, as long as my family is safe and have good life, then that's where i'll be,and for now that place is America, and in order for me to take part of its oppurtunities, is for it to have a safe america above all else
Old 12-21-2005, 04:11 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MBasile
life in America isnt as unsafe as they make it out to be. Its not like we're all going to be killed tomorrow if Bush doesnt do unlawful things to "protect" us. Id Bush can forget about any law he wishes, how much is there to protect? Our rights obviously mean nothing.
point taken....

but when it comes down to it....i could care less about bending the rules a bit to protect oneself....
Old 12-21-2005, 06:50 PM

See no evil, hear no evil, ......

Looks like the pentagon has also labeled a gay rights group a "credible terrorist threat"

Originally Posted by NBC news
a "Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell" protest at University of California Santa Cruz, which included a gay kiss-in, was labeled as a "credible threat" of terrorism by the Pentagon.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Looks like we are on our way to the day when anyone who voices their opposition to the regime will be labeled a threat.

Quick Reply: Bush evesdropping story... do Americans actually care?