Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Bush is down with screwing workers yo!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 11:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Bush is down with screwing workers yo!

http://money.cnn.com/2005/09/08/news...na_wages.reut/

nice.. haha

kick em when they are down, i guess trent lott wanted lower wages so it wouldnt cost him as much to build his new porch..
Old 09-10-2005, 03:21 AM

Car Info: Sline
Yeah, I don't agree with his decison on this one.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:17 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
And the fact that Bush is willing to screw the average citizen while giving huge handouts to corporations surprises whom, exactly?
Old 09-10-2005, 09:25 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
All of your statements above show how ignorant you are regarding the issue... "prevailing wages" are super inflated in many cases I saw during my time in construction, and do NOT reflect market wages that would occur in a "free-market" wage environment.

The Davis-Bacon Act was enacted during the depression because wages on public projects were dropping due to the NATURAL free labor market. This was claimed to have occurred as a result of traveling contractors who would go from area to area, compete for construction jobs, and use a traveling work force at meager wage rates.

The problem is that people WILL be traveling from all over to fill these jobs, and the majority of medium skilled laborers will be illegals from Mexico.... this happens whether you pay the prevailing wage or not.
Why pay illegals (or anyone for that matter) the prevailing wage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

Last edited by HellaDumb; 09-12-2005 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:06 AM

Car Info: '97 Legacy
What about those who are not illegal imigrants? Your just assuming that anyone who will work for a low paying job is an illegal imigrant. Now I'm not going to call you a racist, because unlike other people in this forum I don't just throw the word around whenever I feel like doing so. But why should hard-working Americans suffer because "medium skilled" workers are stereotyped as being illegal immigrants. And when I saw Americans I don't mean white caucasian Americans who have families that have been here for a long time, I am also talking about all of the immigrants that have gained American citizenship.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by spedmunki
What about those who are not illegal imigrants? Your just assuming that anyone who will work for a low paying job is an illegal imigrant. Now I'm not going to call you a racist, because unlike other people in this forum I don't just throw the word around whenever I feel like doing so. But why should hard-working Americans suffer because "medium skilled" workers are stereotyped as being illegal immigrants. And when I saw Americans I don't mean white caucasian Americans who have families that have been here for a long time, I am also talking about all of the immigrants that have gained American citizenship.
I have been on many jobs where prevailing wages were paid, and much of the labor are migrant workers from mexico. HELLO!!!! A traveling workforce, regardless of race, is the reason for the ACT in the first place, and illegal immigration further complicates it!

When George Bush or any other politician for that matter uses the term "migrant workers," who do YOU think he's referring to?

Man, so sensitive.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 09-12-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
Now I'm not going to call you a racist, because unlike other people in this forum I don't just throw the word around whenever I feel like doing so
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Why are you calling me a racist?
Old 09-10-2005, 04:05 PM

Why are you calling me a racist?
Now I'm not going to call you a racist, because unlike other people in this forum I don't just throw the word around whenever I feel like doing so.
When George Bush or any other politician for that matter uses the term "migrant workers," who do YOU think he's referring to?
Talk about us and ignorance. . . I don't think that you realize that not every migrant worker is an illegal. I'm betting you probably live in a city and have little or no experience with farmers, farming, or farm labor. I say this because i have two migrant workers that work for my family. One was not a citizen back in the seventies, but my dad helped him get that.

One of the cool things about Hispanic workers is this. They're all friends. Come harvest time, who do you think brings the extra labor? News paper classifieds? No, the guys that already work for you. They get their friends, and their friends families to come work with them.

These people are NOT illegals. All the farmers that I know require all their workers to have a valid SS#/card, and ID. Basically, they have to be legally able to work in the U.S. aka Migrant Workers. NOT Illegals. So next time George Bush refers to Migrant Workers, he's usually refering to these people. Although, I do agree with you that he does also mean illegal imigrants, but not solely that.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by EricDaRed81
shows how long I got distracted for while writing my post
Old 09-10-2005, 05:04 PM
VIP Member

if they are illegal they wont be getting prevailing wages..

THEY WILL BE PAID UNDER THE ****ING TABLE...

how do you think a company is going to explain paying an illegal on their payroll???

Hella you arent just helldumb, you ****ing unbearably ****ing stupid, borderline retarded.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:51 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
if they are illegal they wont be getting prevailing wages..

THEY WILL BE PAID UNDER THE ****ING TABLE...

how do you think a company is going to explain paying an illegal on their payroll???

Hella you arent just helldumb, you ****ing unbearably ****ing stupid, borderline retarded.
Not always true.
Over the years, I've had a few illegals using my SSN at legit jobs.
How do I know?
I got their SS taxes deposited into my account.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:43 PM
VIP Member

fraud isnt legal last i checked
Old 09-10-2005, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
fraud isnt legal last i checked
Illegal aliens don't seem to mind. I know one guy who has a DL and SSID...both fradulent. I assume that's how the large homebuilders get around it.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Illegal aliens don't seem to mind. I know one guy who has a DL and SSID...both fradulent. I assume that's how the large homebuilders get around it.
You actually know that person? And haven't turned them in?

You seem to hate their guts, and hate that they work harder at a job than you do. You're hippocric if you talk all that **** about illegal workers, and then not do anything about someone YOU KNOW has falsified documentation for ID and driving privleges.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:27 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
I think hippocrit is probably one of the nicest things anyones called HD around here in a while

Quick Reply: Bush is down with screwing workers yo!