Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

25 Chechen terrorists may have illegally entered the United States via Mexico

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 04:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
25 Chechen terrorists may have illegally entered the United States via Mexico

If this is verified as true then it doesn't add up.

It wouldn't make any sense for them to attack the United States because it would prove their motives aren't politically motivated with Russia. Even though i'm already convinced they're terrorists, there wouldn't be any doubt that they'd be considered bonafide terrorists if they attacked us.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...1643-5028r.htm

U.S. security officials are investigating a recent intelligence report that a group of 25 Chechen terrorists illegally entered the United States from Mexico in July.

The Chechen group is suspected of having links to Islamist terrorists seeking to separate the southern enclave of Chechnya from Russia, according to officials familiar with intelligence reports.

We don't know whether or not that report is true," this official said.
A spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection confirmed that the intelligence report was provided by another government agency, but said Border Patrol agents were unable to verify its accuracy.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:41 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
It doesn't make much sense and sounds like a red herring to me. Of course, Bush "flip-flopped" on his stance regarding the freedom fighters, err, I mean terrorists in Chechnya. That could be reason enough for some whack jobs to try something on US soil.