Review/Input in bc coilovers

Old 07-07-2013, 02:45 PM

Car Info: 14 STI wagon/02 WRX wagon
Review/Input in bc coilovers

In the market for some coils. Wondering if anyone has purchased bc for their 2011-2013 sti wagon? Just want to see if they are worth it. If anyone can give their 2cents of these coils street, track etc. It probably won't see a lot of track days. It's daily driven. If they are crap guess ill save up for some rce or kw.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:39 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX
Have you considered feal 441?

Only a few hundred more than the bc and far better from what I've heard and read.
Haven't had either haha, just read a lot of reviews haha.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:44 PM
White Lightning

Car Info: Built, 6-Speed, E85, #pluskey 06 Wagon
one thing i have learned: you get what you pay for.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Will George
Have you considered feal 441?

Only a few hundred more than the bc and far better from what I've heard and read.
Haven't had either haha, just read a lot of reviews haha.
Probably better overall cause they come with swift springs. I'm going to look into them tho.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:23 PM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
BC's are great. I've never had a problem. When the feels came out I had just purchased a set of BC's and would've baught those instead. But either choice is great
Old 07-07-2013, 10:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
BC's are garbage. As was said before, you get what you pay for. If you want to lower your car, and only care about going low, bc it is. They will be rough, stiff, bouncy, just horrible as a driver.

If you want all the cool adjustability and stuff, get a nice coilover setup. Be prepared to spend a couple grand.
If you want a great ride, but don't want to throw away money on track suspension for a street car, get a good spring and strut combo.

I ran bc coilovers and am now running koni yellow struts with eibach springs (heard good about h&r and swift, bad about tein) and I'm much happier with the new setup.
Not bouncy, but firm. Not rough, not harsh. Sticks to the ground better since every bump doesn't hit so hard I lose traction...

Buy what you want, but if you get bc, I told you so...
Old 07-07-2013, 10:57 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by norcalbro
BC's are garbage. As was said before, you get what you pay for. If you want to lower your car, and only care about going low, bc it is. They will be rough, stiff, bouncy, just horrible as a driver.

If you want all the cool adjustability and stuff, get a nice coilover setup. Be prepared to spend a couple grand.
If you want a great ride, but don't want to throw away money on track suspension for a street car, get a good spring and strut combo.

I ran bc coilovers and am now running koni yellow struts with eibach springs (heard good about h&r and swift, bad about tein) and I'm much happier with the new setup.
Not bouncy, but firm. Not rough, not harsh. Sticks to the ground better since every bump doesn't hit so hard I lose traction...

Exactly why I'm doing my research. Sounds like a its a hit or miss with these coils. I'm actually lookin into gtworx with rce. I don't wanna spend alittle to get poor ride quality. I don't mind saving up alittle more. Thanks for the info
Old 07-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Stacheless Cholo

Car Info: 2005 STi
wheres BRFATAL?
Old 07-07-2013, 11:20 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by norcalbro

+1

Originally Posted by quickacewrx
Exactly why I'm doing my research. Sounds like a its a hit or miss with these coils. I'm actually lookin into gtworx with rce. I don't wanna spend alittle to get poor ride quality. I don't mind saving up alittle more. Thanks for the info
The RCE/GTWorx set-up isn't bad. I haven't heard much about the GTWorx shocks, but I know RCE springs are pretty sweet.

I had BC's on my hatch and they sucked. They sucked on the street, they sucked at AutoX, and they didn't go as low as I wanted to go.

I've switched to Konis and '12 WRX springs and the ride is so much better and the car is much more planted in the corners. My next step is to get a set of Ground Control perches which will offer more spring options and adjustable height.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:34 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
+1

The RCE/GTWorx set-up isn't bad. I haven't heard much about the GTWorx shocks, but I know RCE springs are pretty sweet.

I had BC's on my hatch and they sucked. They sucked on the street, they sucked at AutoX, and they didn't go as low as I wanted to go.

I've switched to Konis and '12 WRX springs and the ride is so much better and the car is much more planted in the corners. My next step is to get a set of Ground Control perches which will offer more spring options and adjustable height.
Sounds like a good setup you have. I've gone low in my 06 wrx it looked nice but didn't handle very well. I'm tryin to sway away dropping it really low. Just want the ability to adjust my drop even. Some springs tend to sag in the rear.
Thanks for the info