Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Wilwood bbk 02 wrx

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 08:45 AM

Car Info: subaru
Wilwood bbk 02 wrx

Guy,
I wanted to do a write up on my new purchase. I got some WILWOOD BBK 6 POT 14in fronts rotors and 4 POT 13.5in rears brakes with a 2 piece drilled and slotted rotor design.

Let me tell you that the quality this BBK is amazing. From the powder coating to additional hardware to make it all bolt on. Being hand made in the USA is a huge plus

I have a 02 WRX with a complete 04 STI swap hubs and trans. WILWOOD only makes their brakes for 02-07 WRX only I believe but NON STI. So I purchased there 02 WRX set up.

The fronts bolted on with no issues at all it was a straight forward install. The fronts came with high quality stainless brakes lines as well as an adapter so they adapt to the factory hard line.

The rears on the other hand were a little harder to install. Since I have 04 STI rear hubs and the WILWOOD bracket is too long from eye to eye and not 4.5 inch from eye to eye like the STI hubs are.
So to solve this issue I’m fortunate enough to have access to a machine shop and I had one of our guys make me a bracket and I used the WILWOOD studs from their bracket to mount the rear caliper.

I used WILWOOD brake fluid to finish off the installation. Bled the lines and went for a break in drive.
After about 500 miles of regular driving I was able to go on a few mountain drives. There are some pretty aggressive roads here in town. Aabout 45 miles or greatness and let me tell you my WILWOODS never faded once and held up like a champ. On the drive we also had a few newer cars like the gt500, R8, and a ZR1 just to name a few cars on the drive and I had no issue out braking most of them.

I have to say my new found stopping power performs way better than my BREMBOS. Last time I did this run with my BREMBOS I had fade and was a little scared to push my brakes since they were fading after very little aggressive driving.

I would defiantly recommend purchasing WILWOODS products. They offer a great brake solution for anyone trying to enhance their slowing capabilities.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:53 PM

Car Info: 05 STi / 86.5 Supra
Those are hot!