Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Suspension advice please, 03 wagon

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 09:31 AM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Suspension advice please, 03 wagon

I've got an '03 wagon and I threw away the best suspension I ever had, the STi pink non adjustables.

I am looking for something similar now...My current coil overs make a lot of noise and are too harsh for daily driving.

What I need is something like my old pinks, essentially street struts that are firmer than stock, but I don't want any noise...I do occasional track days, but mostly I just drive on the road.

Thanks for any help.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:23 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
I really liked Prodrive springs with KYB GR2 struts on my old 2002 WRX wagon. Not exactly a track setup but comfortable enough, good drop and good handling (I also had front and rear endlinks, rear sedan sway bar, steering rack bushings and 16x7 RS wheels with RE050A tires). I kinda miss the ol wagon.

Currently I have an 04 STi with stock struts and JDM pink springs.....kinda harsh and noisy but not as bad as most coilovers.

Dynamat is another option to reduce noises.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:38 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Originally Posted by subie OCD
I really liked Prodrive springs with KYB GR2 struts on my old 2002 WRX wagon. Not exactly a track setup but comfortable enough, good drop and good handling (I also had front and rear endlinks, rear sedan sway bar, steering rack bushings and 16x7 RS wheels with RE050A tires). I kinda miss the ol wagon.

Currently I have an 04 STi with stock struts and JDM pink springs.....kinda harsh and noisy but not as bad as most coilovers.

Dynamat is another option to reduce noises.
Uh wow, when I was more into this, the Prodrive didn't drop the WRX at all...they may have changed the springs, i really have been out of it for a while.

Dynamat? I probably have more Dynamat Extreme in my car than anyone else on the board, I went through 2 1/2 rolls installed. It makes the car heavier, haha, I don't see any reduction in noise level. The DynaPad may actually reduce noise, a friend of mine used the cheapest carpet padding from Home Depot and that made a huge difference in his car.

Thanks much for your reply, I will look out for the KYB inserts.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:32 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
No reduction at all from Dynamat extreme? Dang, that sucks, I have some waiting to be installed.... we'll see.

I thought the Prodrive springs had a good drop, heres a pic from ~ 2005.

Name:  After2.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  62.7 KB