Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

front camber

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 11:57 PM

Question front camber

I have a 04 wagon lowered on tein springs (h-techs) and i am about ready to get some AGX adjustable struts to go with them (lots of commuting on kansas roads require a bit of softness) I have stock wheels and I pass and get passed by a guy in KC that has some freaking sweet looking negative camber on his wagon. Man it looks mean. Can you dial that in stock or do I need to get some camber plates on there.
I love the way his rear negative camber matched his rear camber...

anyway thanks for your time
Old 03-20-2005, 03:53 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
first, you don't want to get more negative camber just because it looks cool

all that will lead to is faster tire wear and more $ spent replacing tires faster.

as for adjustability stock. the fronts do have some adjustability in them. from the sound of it though, you will not achieve what you are trying to do from stock camber bolts. you would need to get some camber plates in order to get a lot of negative camber.

my suggestion, if you don't know that you NEED more negative camber in order to achieve certain handling characteristics, then don't do it.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:41 PM

Thanks. that is what I figured... that post was sponsored by "beer"
I normally am not so "Dude" and "KewL". It looks like a ricer post. thanks for being cool enough to answer that drivel.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 PSM WRX
H-techs (1.8” drop in front?) might not be the best spring to use with AGX’s since the AGX’s shouldn’t be coupled with a spring that lowers the car more than 1.5”. I’m not 100% sure but I think Koni yellows would work well with those springs and this is the best place I've found to buy them http://www.alexperformance.com/prodd..._koni_full_set. From what I’ve read the yellows are a much better strut than the AGX’s but the install is more time consuming since they're inserts.