Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

17mm Front Swaybar + 22mm Rear Swaybar

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 04:27 PM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
you don't really need to size match sway bars, you need to get the car balanced. i have a cusco rear adjustable bar, and a cusco front. with the rear on it's lowest setting, the car feels pretty well balanced, but will understeer at the limit. with the stock springs and struts, it's a good combo. i ran that setup for several months, and was pretty happy with it. there is a lot of body roll with the stock springs, and i found tha the car was better balanced when i had both the front and rear sway bars installed, than when i was only running the rear.

however, this setup doesn't work as well with the STi struts and springs i've got on now, largely because there isn't anywhere near as much bodyroll to contend with. i'm going to play with the rear a bit to see if i can get it to my liking without going to a smaller front bar.

yes, your sway bars will make a differance in the way the car behaves on snow, just as it does on dry pavement. depending on your tastes though, you can always adjust the rear to 'soften' up the car's handling for inclement weather.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:19 AM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
you're welcome, i hope it helps.

sway bars aren't the end-all, be-all cure for a car's handling problems, but they're a great way to make adjustments, and fine tune a car. depending on how they are adjusted, they will have a large impact on whether or not a car over/understeers.