Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

Will the Subaru Dealership help me out?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 02:51 PM

Car Info: 2006 Subaru WRX STI
Will the Subaru Dealership help me out?

so ive mentioned this before but one day i was driving on the freeway and BAM i hit a brick on the freeway...it bent my rim and of course i was pissed...a few months later i started to change my oil and see that my tire is wasting...its already on some metal part...and im just trying to figure out...can i take my car to subaru to get a wheel alignment and new tire? no im not expecting it for free but i do have warranty and im just wondering if they are gonna try to pull some bs and not do anything...im trying to get this done asap so that nothing happens while im driving it (sti is my daily car) so hopefully u guys know something...thx...
so basically...
1. will they fix it?
2. how much do u think it will cost?
3. is is true that evos suck?
4. stupid question but...how much should i avoid driving if its super serious?
thx guys

pics below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/distruct1ve/
Old 07-16-2007, 03:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
HOLY %HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! You knew about this and still continue to drive the car? A daily driver at that. Go straight to jail, do not pass GO, do not collect $200. Tires are not coverered under warranty. Neither are rims, or major collison damage. Get this fixed TODAY!!! It looks to me that there is something rubbing the flesh off your tire. something might be bent. Insurance might be a better option. Please get this fixed ASAP. You just got the car, I'd hate to see it/you wrapped around something because of this.

No evos don't suck. WTF is that about. Off topic much?
Old 07-17-2007, 01:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
1. Yes, but at full retail.
2. $600(ish)
3. In The Transformers: The Movie (1986) Leonard Nimoy did the voice of Galvatron, aint that cool?
4. You have a spare donut for a reason. Need I say more?
Old 10-18-2007, 09:08 PM

Car Info: Wish it was still my WRB STI
Originally Posted by sti_goes_pssshh
I've looked at your pics and was hoping to see a bent wheel. Which pic are you talking about? If I'm not mistaken, there should be some kind of tread warranty on your tires. Not sure if you car is lowered, etc but perhaps you can ask them to honor the warranty if your car isn't lowered and it was only touched by the dealer.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:45 PM

The warranty is intended to cover mechanical defects - not collision damage. There's no harm asking, but I'm guessing that they will not cover any of the repairs under warranty with the possible exception of the tire if you bought accident coverage on those (such as America's Tire can provide).

Insurance is intended to cover accident damage. Depending on your deductible etc. it may be cheaper to pay out of your own pocket anyway.

It sucks when you get unavoidable damage that you end up paying for, but thats the way it goes sometimes. My WRX has had its windshield broken twice by debris falling off gravel trucks on the freeway. Unfortunately, its difficult to prove anything, so I'm out $350 twice over for those.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:52 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
looks like you bent a rear camber bolt. Buy a new one, take your rim off. There's two bolts that hold the strut to the suspension. Replace em both.

I would STRONGLY suggest that you NOT I repeat NOT drive your car until you've put a new tire on there. There dealership won't cover it, but your insurance might. It depends on how much your deductible is, if you're paying a **** load for insurance and you have a 100 or 250 deductible, it might be worth it, otherwise, just pay to fix it and learn how to not drive into bricks. (=