Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

tranny has a problem, used car purchased from dealer (was: Wow)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 02:21 PM

Car Info: 04 WRX (sold), 03 WRX (sold), 04 330CI (current)
tranny has a problem, used car purchased from dealer (was: Wow)

so i bought my 03 WRX from the dealer and they said they're loose bolts and stuff thats making that sound when i was test driving it and when i bought it and drove it back to my school i heard the sound getting louder and louder. I had it diagnose at a local subaru/vw auto shop to see what is wrong with the car and they told me that the tranny has problem. they say that the internal gear is broken....

so im bringing back to the dealer and asking them either they fix the problem or give my money back or else they're going to be seeing my lawyer soon.

the warrenty was void from previous owner of the car and since the car only had 33K miles on the car and the dealer said the car is running perfect everything have been check and passed smog i didnt hesitate to get the extra warrenty from them.

but, since i was not notify that the tranny had problem or what so ever instead i was told that the car only have loose bolt because of previous owner had an after market exhaust. so either im going to have to take action or the dealer better do something. This have to happen during my next 3 weeks of midterms.. WOW.