Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

Paint problems and warranty denial

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 06:57 PM

Car Info: Impreza 2.5i 07
Unhappy San Remo red Paint on 04 suby

Does anyone is having any type of paint problems on red Imprezas MY 04. My car has a year and so and it's extremelly chipped all over. I do live in Quebec, so a lot of salt on the road, but :
My old suby was an 02 and with 85K it was still immaculated with a couple of stone chips.

Take care all

C4ipp3r
Old 06-08-2005, 12:01 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
i dunno but mine chips like its going out of style its a blue 03

my friends 99GM6 chips like no othe rtoo
Old 06-19-2005, 07:03 PM

Red face San Remo Red problem

I've posted the same question on a Canadian forum, and seems to be a paint problem with this color. I've called Subaru Canada and a formal complait was made. Several owners had complaint as well to theirs dealerships but for now, Subaru refuses to recognize the problem. According to some sources if a large number of owner place a complaint, they'll act.

Take care all

Adrien
Old 11-06-2005, 06:12 PM

Wink San Remo Red Saga

Hi folks,

I'm posting to let those who have the same issue I'm having, be able to get a solution for their problem.

Firts I have a 2004 TS San Remo red with a hood, quarter pannels, sides and roof bad chipped. The car is 1 year and so old, and has around 50K. After last winter, while washing the car, I've noticed several spots on the hood. It was so extense that it could not be caused by stone chips. I've notified my dealer and was informed that was not normal. I've placed a call to Subaru Canada to formalize my complaint and placed a warranty call on the dealer. The subaur representative M. caron (from Subaru Canada), promptly refuse the claim, without seeing the car, on the grounds of stone chips / road debris are not covered by the warranty. Well I don't tail gate snow plowers or big rigs, and Quebec roads are bad but not that bad !!!
Anyway, after a few complaints, I've got to have my case reviewed and once again M Caron was assigned to the case. I knew my dog was dead before hand... Of course you can guess he refused. But this time I could see this gentleman in person and see all his impersonation of CSI, and demonstrating all his balistical knowledge (insert some serious sarcasm here). So I send some other mails to Subaru requestig my case escalated.

So if you guys are having the same issue on 2004 San Remo red Imprezas, here is some mails :

contact@mysubaru.ca

Christina Morris - cmorris@subaru.ca (Cust Service rep)
Reid Thorburn - rthorburn@subaru.ca (cust service Manager)

And the big boss -

Katsuhiro Yokoyama - Kyokoyama@subaru.ca ( CEO Subaru Canada)

If you guys need a copy of my letters, please mail me privatly.

TIA

Adrien
Old 11-06-2005, 10:59 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Members, please bear in mind that the contact info in the previous post is for Subaru vehicles sold in Canada, only. Subaru of America (SOA) has its own contacts which is probably found in your Warranty booklets and on their web site.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 11-24-2005, 04:41 AM

Smile Paint problems ans warranty denial

Hi folks,

I've posted about this subject before and I'll give some updates on the issue. My TS2004 San Remo red is bad chipped all over - the hood and front fenders are worse.

Anyway Subaru Canada has denied the warranty, but I'm aware that SUbaru is doing repairs on this problems on a case by case basis. So some folks at the Montral Subaru Club decided to gatther info of those with the same problem - bad chipping on 04/05 cars and those who got repaired - the most info about it like year, mileage, where did you've got repaired and when. If you did a claim and it was accepted etc...

You can mail me @ c4ipp3r@hotmail.com

or post on the thread

http://www.montreal-subaru-club.com/...ic.php?t=32255

We really appreciate your help

TIA

Adrien