Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

Need help deciding on STI smart peoples input needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 02:30 PM

Need help deciding on STI smart peoples input needed!!!

So here's my little deal;

i drove a 95 5.0 that i dumped like 8 grand into, had built motor etc.. with all mods you can really do suspension, rims blah blah blah. it was pretty fast around 300rwhp... so i bought an 04 wrx.....i totally love the car and go to tahoe once a week so it's awesome. However i've sold my mustang and now i just have the wrx which is good because the stang was getting old. Now i have basically enough money where if i get out of my wrx i will be able to put the cash down and have the same payments as wrx (minus a year of payments made on the wrx i lose). The only thing is i'm young and still going to school. I don't know if it's such a wise idea but i miss something with some power, and i think to myself "i'm im paying this much i ought to have what i really want".....but then i think "don't be silly you wrx has been awesome to drive and handles so well, you only want a faster car you don't need it"..... and then im back to square one.......my original plan was to possibly sell the 5.0 before i bought the wrx and get an sti then but i didn't get the car sold and i made a bad decesion. What do you guys think?? I know it's really up to me and how much i want the sti but i don't want to be a jackass so any input is helpful! thanks...
Old 01-11-2005, 03:05 PM

just another thought

before you say you can sell the WRX and end up with the same payments on an STi, call your insurance agent, and see what they think of the idea. Make sure to stop at the drugstore and pick up some vaseline before attempting this however.

My thought? Keep your WRX, put half the money you were going to have to drop to get the STI (not even figuring on the year of payments 300X12=$3600+) into some light mods for the WRX (even just suspension, full exhaust, and a nice chip), and you'll have 95% of the car that the STi is for less money.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:32 PM

I'm all about warrantys is one thing, on top of that i know the tranny in the wrx isn't going to hang............basically i'd be putting 7 grand of my savings to get the sti............if im going to spend the money i'm pretty sure im going to get the sti, otherwise i'll save the $.........what do you think.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:04 AM

Lightbulb fast + warranty

if you want a really fast car with a decent warranty, there's pretty much only 2 options, STi or EVO. Having driven several of both, I'd give the nod to the STi by a hair.
Regarding the savings, I have a buddy in the same dilemma between new car and house downpayment. my thoughts? I've seen tons of people live out of their cars, but I've never seen anyone take their house to the track. Easy choice.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by LUvikes29
if you want a really fast car with a decent warranty, there's pretty much only 2 options, STi or EVO. Having driven several of both, I'd give the nod to the STi by a hair.
Regarding the savings, I have a buddy in the same dilemma between new car and house downpayment. my thoughts? I've seen tons of people live out of their cars, but I've never seen anyone take their house to the track. Easy choice.

you are right.

YOU CAN SLEEP IN YOUR CAR BUT YOU CAN'T RACE YOUR HOUSE!