Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

$32,400 a good price for '05 STI?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 05:21 PM

$32,400 a good price for '05 STI?

Equipped with the security upgrade, armrest extension, wheel locks and the 3 gauge package. I've checked invoice and it's $1000 over invoice.

Are these selling for invoice price or less now, or is that a reasonable offer from the dealer?

That doesn't include tax, title, etc...
Old 12-30-2004, 05:41 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
It depends on how many dealers you have around you. If this dealer is the only one around then that's actually a good offer. But if you live in the bay area or any big city in california then you can do way better.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:10 PM

There are several dealers around, I live pretty close to Denver, so plenty of competition to be had. I might go back and offer invoice for it and see what they say... Are there any hidden incentives Suby is kicking back to the dealers?
Old 12-31-2004, 07:53 AM

Car Info: 05 Black w/ Gold STi
offer them 31,500 for it. (or somewhere around there.) you could probably even get it for less. it's wintertime and fast cars aren't selling that fast.

here in Maryland there is a dealership with a few STis sitting on the lot with pretty much every option on it (wheel locks, security system, titanium shift ****, turbo boost gauge, floormats, armrest, autodimming mirror, and maybe one more thing i'm forgetting) for $31,300. of course they have been sitting there for a month or so and the dealer is desperate to get rid of them.

i tried to find a link i used to point people to that discussed the invoices of the STi and all of its options and what subaru's holdback etc. (the holdback, or what the subaru kicks back to the dealers is 3% of MSRP, check edmunds.com and look up holdback for more info.) i can't find the link right now but it's bookmarked at my office so i'll try to post it in a day or two when i get back to work.

remember (and make them remember if they give you any runaround) that you need to save money since you're going to have to drive it right from the dealer to a tire shop and drop $500-600+ to get some winter tires/all season tires. the stock tire will make you spin around in circles and hit bad things in bad weather.

(as i was writing this i just got a call from the bank, looks like my loan is finally ready to go so i can finally get my STi too! w00t! )
Old 12-31-2004, 12:47 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
Originally Posted by docwyte
There are several dealers around, I live pretty close to Denver, so plenty of competition to be had. I might go back and offer invoice for it and see what they say... Are there any hidden incentives Suby is kicking back to the dealers?
There aren't any hidden incentives on the STI's right now. i.e. dealercash.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:41 PM

go for it sounds like a good price
Old 01-07-2005, 11:22 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally Posted by docwyte
I've checked invoice and it's $1000 over invoice.
did u check edmunds, kbb?

to get any car produced in limited numbers(4,500) that close to invoice is a good deal. and keep in mind that you are getting an 05 so cheap so early. look at most manufacturers and you will see that their "blowout" prices are not until later on in the year.

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 01-09-2005, 09:50 PM

Yep, checked KBB and NADA, they both said the same thing for invoice. Figured $1000 over invoice was a pretty fat for the dealer.

While it might be a new model year car, it's the middle of winter, not alot of car sales now...
Old 01-10-2005, 07:16 AM

Car Info: 05 Black w/ Gold STi
i bought my STi last week since my old car was deader than dead. i got the STi (the only Black w/ Gold in the area) for $31,060. im getting the boost gauge, security system, arm rest, and wheel locks installed later this week (they only had the floormats which were in the car at the time, we did the deal after parts/the shop had already closed.) the car had been on their lot for a bit and it was winter so they were happy to be rid of it. most people seem to be paying anywhere from invoice to $500 over invoice. since it's winter you should be able to get close to invoice. go at the end of the month and you might even get below invoice. i went there at the wrong time of the month (it was the 1st day of "subaru's month" when i bought mine) but i still got a good deal which is due to the fact that it's winter and the car had been sitting on their lot for 2-3 months.)
Old 01-11-2005, 03:21 PM

STi

PM'ed you. I'll set you up if you're interested