Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what would you do

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 11:12 AM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
I would sell the civic then get the WRX when you're 18, BUT..make sure you can afford the WRX while you are in college...remember insurance is going to be a lot more for the WRX, and you will want to modify it..but insurance is the main concern..as long as you can afford the insurance then go for the WRX...

Last edited by Kevin M; 04-24-2003 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-24-2003, 11:19 AM

If was smart 8 years ago when I was 18, I'd invest the money without thinking twice. $26-30k (tax, interest, etc.) is a hell of a lot of money when you're 18, and even with conservative growth estimates, it'll turn into enough to buy any car you could possibly want - start when you're 18 and you won't even need to wait until you're old and gray.

Also, remember that buying a new car is going to cost more than list + destination. It'll cost more for regular maintenance, insurance (lots of younger people here are paying over $1500/year), gas, tires and so on. And you know you'll be driving more so that'll all add up even faster.

If you take decent care of it, that civic will last another 100k miles without breaking a sweat. I say keep it, save your money, and buy an STi and a big house when you're a few years out of college