Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

New thought I'd say Hi.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 01:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Hi and welcome. I'll try to answer your questions. I'm not an STi owner, so I'm not the expert, but I do know a few guys who own them (plus being on this board long enough allows you to pick up a few things).

Gas mileage is dependant on how you drive. The longer you stay on boost, the more gas you'll eat up. That said, the typical daily driver STi will get just above 20mpg. On the track, I'm sure its much less. Also, the ride is rougher then your average sedan, but I don't think it will be rougher then your lifted race trucks. Like you said, it will probably be like driving on a cloud comparatively.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:48 PM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
Car Info: No car right now....sob.
Welcome to the boards! nKoan is right, expect about 20 MPG highway. As for the rough riding, I personally think the STi handles and rides very well. Many people who ride with me get sort of jumpy when I throw it around corners, but they get used to it. I personally have no problem with that, but some do. You are correct in saying it is like a cloud compared to a lifted truck, or an EVo. Happy Hunting, and see you around!
Old 07-12-2004, 08:25 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Welcome! I'm not gonna pipe in on the ride thing (dont own a STi) but just wanted to peep in and welcome you to i-club, and tell you (as if you didn't know before) that your truck(s) are sweet!
Old 07-12-2004, 10:03 PM

Car Info: Mazda Protege '02 (Wishing protege has AWD and a H6 twin turbo)
Well to compare the rough and smooth rides lesse about a couple rides you've probably already been in ok?

Smooth rides old tarus's, any kind of luxury like high end buicks, lexus's, etc.

Rough rides, go carts (yeah maybe not this rough but comes close at times lol), most lowered vehicles, a roushe, and some sport models like SS cameros are fair on the roughness.

Gas milage? i don't care how you look at it a 300hp car that gets the mpg the STI does is awesome.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:35 PM

Car Info: 04' wrx
Welcome to the club. Seriously, you may want to consider a WRX wagon or the new Legacy wagon. Yeah it won't have the Hp right away but you can mod and get a good handleing well performing car. You would have plenty of room for stuff and a roof rack if you want it(HMM. sounds like a truck). I have a sedan but i think a wagon would suit you well. I know what you may be thinking, c'mon a wagon? Just look around here a little and talk to some of the wagon owners and they look pretty cool and fill the double duty thing as well. Oh yeah! i forgot about the Forester XT. Good luck with your purchase i am sure that no matter what Subaru you buy you will be happy, even if it's not an STi.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:12 PM

Car Info: 2002 Alpine White WRX
Welcome to the board, as far as your question the best thing to do is take one out for a test drive. I don't think the ride will be bad, actually it should awesome considering you guys don't have snow and have awesome roads in CA.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:43 AM

Car Info: 04' wrx
If you get the STi and don't like the big wing i am sure someone will trade you trunks(either wingless or small WRX wing).