Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

2008 WRX Info

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 11:45 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Flat4Turbo
Hi guys/gals, first time posting on this forum but, have been lurking since 2002. Anyways, all may not be lost as the STI looks quite aggressive. I figure some of you have already seen this image but, in case you haven't enjoy.

Oh BTW, by the way the roof slopes towards the rear it appears that is the Wagon/Hatchback chassis.

http://images.motortrend.com/future/..._sti+front.jpg
thanks for posting

welcome aboard
Old 04-07-2007, 03:25 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
^^^^

That's a terrible photochop.

The hood and the scoop don't look anything like the new one, the fog lights are in the wrong spot and they're misaligned, etc.
My, the internet is such an amusing place, where one person can post information that was simply found on an auto magazine website and yet another person tries to refute it as beiong false.

Well, AFAIK, that image hasn't been photoshopped... and if it is it wasn't me. Furthermore, would it be so strange to have the STI model look different than the "lesser" models.

Only time will tell.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:13 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Flat4Turbo
My, the internet is such an amusing place, where one person can post information that was simply found on an auto magazine website and yet another person tries to refute it as beiong false.

Well, AFAIK, that image hasn't been photoshopped... and if it is it wasn't me. Furthermore, would it be so strange to have the STI model look different than the "lesser" models.

Only time will tell.
Chill out guy. Look at the difference between both fog light covers, not symmetrical. Whoever did it, didn't spend too much time on it. I doubt any actual pics of the STI have been leaked yet.

I know I'm comparing it to the silver sedan, but take a close look at the difference btween the scoop and the fog lamp covers and the black trim underneath on the STI model. The fog lamp covers look crooked and the amount of black trim is really misproportioned on both sides..... the door handles are also too tall on the STI where the line up doorectly with the body crease.

Last edited by Superglue WRX; 04-07-2007 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:23 PM

The WRX looks like a rental car to me. That grill is very Chrysler Sebring-ish. I got my peanut eye, and I'm soooo friggin happy i did. If the Sti remtains the aggressive, rally-bred appearance then I'm confident in saying that the Sti will be the only version enthusiasts buy. I was envious about the 2.5l motor of the 06's and now I'm envious of the VDC and longer wheelbase...but I'm happy with my GDA. I bet you anything, COBB will "fix" the lower horsepower rating on the new 08s.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:44 AM

Car Info: Subaru Legacy L 2003
I'm an Apple owner.

I like the new impreza and wrx....and probably the STi.

I think different
Old 04-09-2007, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by malus
I'm an Apple owner.

I think different
Welcome to the forum!

I'm a creative for a living so please, don't associate your opinions by the products you own. I don't want people thinking that all apple owners share your "taste". I'm really curious to see how the STi will look. I'm going to wait, see and drive the new STi before I make my decision.

Last edited by Weak Sauce; 04-09-2007 at 04:22 AM.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:09 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Not so different...

Originally Posted by malus
I'm an Apple owner.

I think different
You might think you're different, but you still have intel inside. You just can't play all the coold games...lol.

Seriously though, they're trying to get away from the bugeye impreza design of old and into something more mainstream. Notice how it resembles the tribecka (spelling?)....unfortunately, unless I buy used, I may never own another suby. I hate the new design.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:34 PM

Car Info: rsx
how come there is a hatchback version and a regular 4 door saloon version?

is the sti going to come in sedan form?
Old 04-09-2007, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by nintecninja
how come there is a hatchback version and a regular 4 door saloon version?

is the sti going to come in sedan form?
I'd say that the STi will come in the form of the 5-door wagon to build their new WRC platform off of. Ford and Citreon have had great success with a hatchback design in their WRC cars and for those of us OG fans we can remember the Corolla which was also a successful hatchback. Who knows, maybe With Subaru running a hatchback in the WRC, Toyota and Audi will return with their own hatches.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:19 PM

Car Info: rsx
^ aww man i was hoping that it'd come in the regular saloon shown on their website. it looks really bad ***!
Old 04-09-2007, 11:12 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx vf34 281hp/276tq
I just want to cry

This is a sad time for subie fans across the globe. I dont know what old man they let near the drawing board for this next gen design, but they might as well have added a wheelchair ramp to the back of the super dooper wagon. seriously I want to throw up. I will be sticking with my bug eye to be sure.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:40 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX
Yuck!

It looks like when my lease is up on my '06 I wont be buying my 3rd WRX. Mabey its time to move up to a Legacy, if they dont uglify it also.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:56 PM

Car Info: 2004 wrx wagon
The 4-door definately brings to mind Chrysler Sebring from the front and Saturn Ion from the rear. The 5-door can't really be called a wagon anymore, definitely a hatch even though it's bigger (?)

Now, the STi, that will be interesting to see. I'm in agreement that the picture above is poop. It would make sense that if the WRC car will be the hatch, then so will the STi. If so, then it will be putting itself in a new category, especially in the euro market. Can't wait to see the Top Gear boys get their hands on it.

Still, I don't think I'll be trading in my '04 wagon for anything in the impreza line anytime soon.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:09 AM

Car Info: None Yet
whats the latest ull be able to order 07's before this body style is out.. i heard even when they come out u can still order 07's for a month or 2..any1 hear nething else
Old 04-11-2007, 02:36 AM

Car Info: 03 wrx vf34 281hp/276tq
interesting

more food for thought here is some stuff i found for the 08 sti. if this is what really comes out i think i am actually a big fan, i like it alot. the wrx on the other hand.... have fun corola fans.

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/su...-sti-pics.html

Quick Reply: 2008 WRX Info