Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII GSR

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 07:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX 2002
My, you sure do take yourself seriously Next time you take your EVO in for a service, I reccomend a Sense of Humor Tune Up (or at least switch to Synthetic Mirth).

The "Civic" crack was sarcasm -- making fun of Civics with "Type R" badges seems to be the running joke on this forum.

I don't need to point out how foolish it is to assume that someone is younger than you are, when all you've seen is text they typed...

Now, back on topic, you wrongly assumed I was responding to you; in fact, I was backing up what you said. That defense mechanism kicks in fast!

I've seen the new Lancer VIII in action, and I've driven a few of the other 290+ HP street rockets coming out, and all of them are extremely dangerous cars -- not in their design, but in their target audience (rich kids who's parents pay for their insurance!) and how they will be driven. I drove one of the new turbo Neons, and that thing was CRAZY -- it felt like the engine was going to tear right through that tinfoil frame, and the torque steer when launching was so bad you had to fight it with both hands. If you'd asked me five years ago to predict what the car model year would be like in 2004, I sure as hell would not have guessed it would be Japanese/American Street Rod HP War year. Damn that Fast and Furious movie!

I think the STi and the EVO are both amazing cars for the money; If I wasn't such an AWD lover I'd go ahead and spend the extra $7k and get a BMW M3 or an Audi A8 or an Infinity G35 (360 HP before mods), 'cause Subaru and Mitsu forgot to upgrade the interiors and ergonomics along with the engine, when they broke the $30k mark :-)

OK... back to modding my Civic

Old 07-07-2003, 12:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
uh, meilers, are you that the G35 has 340hp? not to challenge you or anything, just making sure since that number seems higher than what I recall? Thanks for the clarification!
as for the new Evo... a classmate of mine has one and he took me for a spin in it a few times. I'd have to say that it VERY impressive to say the least. What can I say that hasn't already been said? Not much, except he got the first week it hit our shores and took a $42K hit to his checkbook I still have had no experience(s) with the new STi, but I looking forward to examining one
carry on gentlemen!
Old 07-07-2003, 01:51 AM

Car Info: dream car Subaru STi
bottom line, STi rules, also bottom line, dont go buying a WRX thinking u can soup it up to be better than a Sti, yes u can make it better but itll cost too much and its not worth it. also the base WRX is more like $24,000, not $22,000. STi owns the EVO, and thats the bottom line. muahahahahahaa
Old 07-07-2003, 08:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX 2002
Oops :-) you're right, the Infiniti G35 only has 280 HP. I got it confused with the new Z, which has the identical engine hopped up to 360. Still, NICE interior (GPS nav, 100w stereo, Indiglo dash, etc.) which is still the one area that the STi is lacking :-)
Old 07-07-2003, 03:40 PM

Car Info: dream car Subaru STi
the STi will own the 350Z, hahahahaha Z this Z that, Sti rules!