Stereo & Security Sound systems, alarms, and radar detectors.

Help me to Set my system to sound good

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 08:44 AM

Car Info: Impreza 1.6 Automatic gear
Exclamation Help me to Set my system to sound good

Okay i have my system for about a year now since for for the past a year i have been in the army i didnt had much time to deal with it now for the money i spend i really now happy with what i get i will list evreything i got and then my questions/problems with the system:

The list:
In the back deack: Bazooka RXS6S
In the front doors: Bazooka RXS5S
Amp for speakers: Bazooka ELA60.4 (i think)
Sub: Bazooka RSW1222DVC (or the RSW1224DVC not sure about this one as well)
Amp for sub: Bazooka ELA300.1 (i think)
Headunit: Pionner DEH-P7500MP

Now for my problems
1) the sub's amp allway turn into secru thingy that just quite up the sub and in my opionion the sub can most defently takes what i give him now sure why the protection kicks in

2) never did my settings right and sound is kinda crappy for what i know it should be so any help with setting will be great (setting the amps/headunit)

will love your help and/or opionions about the system i run!
Old 12-03-2004, 09:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Question

Originally Posted by silentshadow

1) the sub's amp allway turn into secru thingy that just quite up the sub and in my opionion the sub can most defently takes what i give him now sure why the protection kicks in
!
huh?

Last edited by BLITZSTI; 12-03-2004 at 09:45 AM.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:58 AM

I mean the Amp (this amp is the mono block that is connected to the sub) have this Protection's: Thermal, Short Circuit, Overload
And as to my understaind of the amp the overload kicks in and shutsup the sub but in my opionion the sub could handel what i give it, i mean its not that you hear the sub about to explode or anything it dosent kick as hard as its sepost to.

Maybe its somthing else please let me know what you think!

Last edited by silentshadow; 12-03-2004 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:10 AM

Car Info: bugeye WAR wagon
he's talking about the gain on the amp... it's turned all the way up. turn it down, and mess w/ ur bass settings on ur deck. are u running a capacitor?
Old 12-03-2004, 10:16 AM

Nope not carry any capacitor till this day i'm not sure what a capacitor is.....? and what is this gain that you are talking about? i know i have quited down abit a "extra bass" or something like that on the amp a bit becuse that one was all the way to the max but not sure what gain is.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:25 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

first, tell us what music you are using to listen to.

second, what enclosure type and what size is the subwoofer in?

do you have access to special CDs with test tones and maybe a handheld SPL meter? heck any SPL meter?
Old 12-04-2004, 05:59 AM

Well i listen to 3 types of muisc the first one is middel-east music more like greec music second is rap and after that i listen to dance music the sub is 12' in size and the box is ummm i do not how to call it but its closed if there is a need for it i'll go downstairs and take a picture of it!
i do not have an SPL meter (not sure what it is but if its for monitoring lougness then no) and for your last question i have one CD that was brught to me from a car show that was held in germany its sepost to be speacial for sound settings (i just like the music on it ) it got brand names on it like alphine and some other

thanks alot for your help and your time i'm really stuck in a dead end with my system.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:58 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

well then i suggest you find a "pro" to help you tune your system.

that way you can get a starting point. the pro might have the years in experience tuning a system. plus he/she might have the proper tools. an SPL (sound pressure level) and RTA (real time analyzer) meter will be a starting point.

someone with good ears will then finish the tuning.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:13 AM

i will do that but any other recomanditions for me about the system that you can think of? maybe somthing that i can do right now? any guide lines maybe about how it should sound?
Old 12-06-2004, 06:40 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
the "gain" on your amp may also be labeled as "level". you really don't want to have that past half way to the right. that's a big reason most amps kick into protect. another thing to check would be your ground. make sure it's connected to unpainted metal and that the wire is the same size as the power. i took out my back seat and used the seatbelt bolts. set your pioneer sub level at about 5 or 6. also, make sure the crossover for the sub (it's an option on your head unit) is set at about 100 or 80 Mhz. a sub is meant for bass only. good luck!!
Old 12-06-2004, 01:49 PM

Great advice thanks i will try that first thing in the morning! any more advices will be most appreciated!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:16 AM

Wanted to say that i just head a uick look at the sub and played with the setting as faeker sayd (thanks again man) sound much much better! i saw that on the amp i have the LEVEL (as faeker), X-Over and Bass Boost if you could explain to me exacly what each of them mean that will be great (i will go down staris soon to cheack the number next to each of this amp's options and let you know so you could tell me what i should set the dails to) again tanks alot!
Old 12-07-2004, 08:45 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
you want to have the x-over (crossover) set to LP or low pass or low filter. each company uses a different term. as far as the bass boost goes, i usually don't go past 1/2 to 3/4 of the way.