Memorial Meet & Drive October 19,2008 >

Memorial Meet & Drive October 19,2008

Notices

Old 10-02-2008, 03:07 PM

Car Info: 06 Subaru WRX

Info: Memorial meet and Drive for Mario Rangel October 19, 2008

We are putting this meet and drive together because we lost a good friend of ours on September 19, 2008 lost his life in a very tragic way on the surface streets of San Fernando Valley. Some of you might have known him, driven with him and some never even met him. Mario was a very close and best friend to one of our vendors from Vaughn Performance. All of his friends and family are trying to cope with so much right now as it being a sudden death we are trying to help as much as we can. We are also trying to make a dent in helping them pay for the cost of the funeral services, as the costs are very expensive. We have arranged with his sister to set up a PayPal to receive any donations, like I said whatever dent we can make will make a difference and the family does appreciate our efforts. I will also be taking cash donations on the day of the drive if you can’t PayPal. Just like you and I we enjoy things he really enjoyed the mountains. He lived and breathes the mountains it was just unfortunate that he had to leave us so soon, but we all know that he is looking down upon us and shining some light on our days. We also will be handing out stickers as well. We will be arranging caravans up and down all day/ night. If you have any questions please pm me or send me an email.
(Nicole [email protected] )

Thanks for your time,

Mario’s Family and Friends

Mario’s Sisters PayPal Info:
The PayPal charity - [email protected]

Date: October 19, 2008
Time: 11am (we will be there all day/night)
Where: Angeles Crest/ Mt.Wilson

Meet and Drive, Map, Directions
Caravans are welcomed but not required.
In order for you to get directions from your location please click “Get Directions”
Type in your location in the field with an “A” and your directions will be generated to get to our location. It will be hard to miss... We will be located on the right hand side when you turn right onto Mt Wilson Red Box Rd. visible from the highway. Please park in either parking lot to the left or right. Please drive safe and cautious!!!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...,0.439453&z=11

As this might get packed please practice safe driving and obey laws, no wreckless driving will be tolerated up there, please respect the mountain, and know why you are there...

If I get any more info I will update OP. Thanks!

Also there is going to be a Charity Carwash held this weekend.
Date: October 4th, 2008
Time: 9 a.m.
Where: Carls' Jr.
9505 Sepulveda Blvd.(Corner of Sepulveda and Plummer)
North Hills, CA 91343

Come out and support!
Old 10-15-2008, 03:49 PM

Car Info: 06 Subaru WRX
***UPDATE***

well since the fires are burning up the mountains right now... our meet has been rescheduled Angeles Crest is blocked from what i understand and thats the route most of us would have took... ill keep this up to date as info comes in.. but however we will be meeting at Midpoint on Sunday October 19th, between 5-6 nothing too crazy... if you would like to join your more than welcome...and hopefully no more fires!

thanks
nicole