Worst experience at a dealership (siera)...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 11:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Originally Posted by RshaoKh
Wow... I never knew that. Usually when I take my car to the dealership no one ever looks/checks for damages on my car... If they never check my car couldn't I make things up...? Sorry I'm just a little confused.

For example, if there's a liquid marking on my headlights that I can't remove and it appeared right after being serviced at the dealership could I ask them to remove it for me even though the dealership didn't do the initial checkup for any damages?

D00d you can say they stole your wallet and it was filled with nothing but hundred dollar bills
Old 07-18-2005, 11:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Pooparu
Originally Posted by LifePlaza
D00d you can say they stole your wallet and it was filled with nothing but hundred dollar bills
hahah dood i came in with a $1000 exhaust..and $4000 platinum shift ****.. why is it stock now...
Old 07-18-2005, 11:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: FORD PINTO
Originally Posted by kenji815
hahah dood i came in with a $1000 exhaust..and $4000 platinum shift ****.. why is it stock now...

hahaha.....if you tell them that, they'll laugh at you...
Old 07-18-2005, 11:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Pooparu
i'm sorry it's not $4000
it's the $75,000 shift ****
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
hahahha
Old 07-19-2005, 12:03 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Wow... I never knew that. Usually when I take my car to the dealership no one ever looks/checks for damages on my car... If they never check my car couldn't I make things up...? Sorry I'm just a little confused.

For example, if there's a liquid marking on my headlights that I can't remove and it appeared right after being serviced at the dealership could I ask them to remove it for me even though the dealership didn't do the initial checkup for any damages?
well ok im the customer and your the service writer

i say hey there is come crap here you call teh porter and mechanic in.
did you do this
they always say no.
me well it wasnt on here when i came here i didnt accuse either of these people. did you notice if i had this on before i came in?
you no i didnt look.

at that point your screwed you have no proof and i claimed it

the sqeaky wheel gets the grease
Old 07-19-2005, 12:11 AM

Car Info: Subaru WRX Impreza 2002
But couldn't they just lie and say it was already there? Sorry I'm asking so many questions but Sierra Subaru is pretty lame... -.-
Old 07-19-2005, 12:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
But couldn't they just lie and say it was already there? Sorry I'm asking so many questions but Sierra Subaru is pretty lame... -.-
Rule namba 1 if you're not happy with the service, complain. It's your right.

Rule namba Dos the customer is not always right however they will try and get you to shut up

Rule number 3'izzle talk to their service manager, do not talk to any of their peons

I speak from experience of being a service writer

Everyone enjoy all your JDM things, they're made in Taiwan now
Old 07-19-2005, 11:00 AM

Car Info: 2007 Subaru WRX Wagon
Angry

Here is my story:

I Say Norm Reeves Subaru Of Temecula is by far the worst dealship is this state and I'll tell you why. I own a 2002 WRX Wagon Silver. With a few simple mods done to it. On May 28 2005 my engine took a crap on me at 80000 miles. Yes I will admit it was raced a few times at Qualcom Stadium at the solo2 Races. Car is well maintained by myself. But anyway I then had my car towed to the dealer in Temecula where purchased the car cause I live in the aera. They tell me the the numbet one rod bearing came loose and that I need to replace the shortblock. I ask is it covered under the extened warranty I bought last year for 1500.00 extra dollars? They tell me no because I am 2000 miles over the extended miles contract. I say ok! What will it cost me? They first tell me around 1700 with parts and labor. I also ask if they will be ok with the fact it is modded? They yes we want to call ouselves a "A MOD FRIENDLY DEALERSHIP". It took them over a month and a half to finish my car and still had problems with it running right aftert hey installed the motor. Come to find out the Mechanic "Chris" messed up the timing so he had to re-do the timing belt.

Now I finally get my car back. The very next day I'm on my way home from in San Diego and all of the sudden my car is spuing steam and coolant out of the hood!! Less than 24 hours after I get my car back!!! I had have the car towed all the way to Temecula to have them look at what went wrong. Guess what? The put the Upper Radiator Hose on Backwards and it rubbed agaist the cooling fans and cut a hole in the hose. Can you believe that? A expert mechanic in Subaru Maintanance put the hose on backwards. But that's not half! They tried to say I blew th Head Gaskets. So they fix that. Then a week later the engine took a dump again last friday afterhnoon on my way with my Daughter in the car on the 215 freeway. I had it towed to the same place because thaey worked on it. Now they tell the heads have blown. Telling me I boosted too much. I was in stop and go traffic on the 215 at 3:30 in the afternoon!!!! they don't want to pay for the damage that was done. I did't even get finished breaking it in. OOOHHH! I forgot to minchen... Thaey also replaced my heads because they said they were cracked so bad they needed to be replaced as well. This is the worst dealership I have ever delt with. Oscar in parts is very cool guy. Has always hooked me up. But as far as the service department. I do not recomend anyone to use this dealership for service to their cars. They are liers and theves. I paid a total of over 8000.00 dollars in parts and service and rental car fees lost time from work. I am also disabled and have to use hand controls. Thais is the only Vehicle I have and they acted liked they don give a @#$%. I am very upset about this. I even talk to the service Manager Tim McDonald. All he wants to to is blame the customer. The way I see it if they had a problem working on my car they should have told me from the beginning. "Chris"races for Gravel Crew and didn't know what a HKS FCD was that I have on my ECU. How can some who races WRX's for a race team and works on the not know what aftermarket computers are on the market? Anyway I know I shuouldn't name names, But hay I pretty pist off right about now. Thanks for reading, I just had to put the word out about this place.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: rx8
well..i bought my car at sierra. i dealt with the fleet manager there and car buying process went pretty well for me. i dont' know about the service there, as that dealer is mainly a GM and honda dealer with only 1 bay dedicated for subarus... goto suby specialties instead its down the st.