Contracts about up.... "An den"

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 05:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Meep Meep!
Contracts about up.... "An den"

T-mobile contract is up soon... Whos using what.... Just want to get a feel for which one to go with so I can utilize mobile to mobile..

Chime in... Thanks..
Old 03-25-2008, 06:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: FORD PINTO
I use AT&T, so all my calls with everyone else using AT&T are free. How long was your contract with T-mobile? Don't they give free mobile to mobile mintues?
Old 03-25-2008, 10:25 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
att cingular
Old 03-25-2008, 10:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: rx8
i'm with t-mobile...
Old 03-26-2008, 07:49 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx
Originally Posted by sigma pi
att cingular
att ftw, nothing beats roll over mins!
Old 03-26-2008, 08:21 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by theheckwithyou
att ftw, nothing beats roll over mins!
yeah i have over 1k ill never use
Old 03-26-2008, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
yeah i have over 1k ill never use
me too w00t! hey at least u'll never have overage charges!
Old 03-26-2008, 09:00 AM
9 to 5 mod

im thinking of going to the minimun plan for a month to see if i can cut down on that
Old 03-26-2008, 09:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: FORD PINTO
Unused rollover mintues expire after awhile. I belive it's after a year that they start to expire. So whatever you didn't use this month will expire a year from now.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:09 AM

Car Info: oh seben lay-gah-C
if you do a lot of texting like with your side kick, and haven't been having problem with the service... stick with t-mobile and stay out of contract. but if you do find that you're having problems with drop calls and needing minutes, cingular.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:43 AM
VIP Member

Well for the most part, T-mobile has been pretty good for me. The side kick is not the bane of my existence. If it wasn't for the IM capabilities. I'd take it out the field and beat the sh*t out of it with my bare hands...

Ref the scene from Office Space with the printer.

So I'm getting a Curve, which means that I need a new Data plan. I am eligible for an upgrade on like the 20th of April.. So i'm just trying to see if its better to stay with T-mob, or start up a new one with Cing.. Which is essentially the same, they are both going to be a 2 yr contract..
Old 03-26-2008, 09:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Originally Posted by UberMaus
Well for the most part, T-mobile has been pretty good for me. The side kick is not the bane of my existence. If it wasn't for the IM capabilities. I'd take it out the field and beat the sh*t out of it with my bare hands...

Ref the scene from Office Space with the printer.

So I'm getting a Curve, which means that I need a new Data plan. I am eligible for an upgrade on like the 20th of April.. So i'm just trying to see if its better to stay with T-mob, or start up a new one with Cing.. Which is essentially the same, they are both going to be a 2 yr contract..

internet is the only factor when going to a data plan

All services have competitive plans in terms of minutes, text messages and data. While the service of signal and text messages are pretty much the same, its the internet speed that separates them.

At the moment Sprint and Verizon which are the fastest. Cingular is only good in their g3 zone. T-mobile is only good when it is in Edge territory which is BFE

These are conditions I would look at since I would like to get the best out of my service.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:03 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by LifePlaza

internet is the only factor when going to a data plan

All services have competitive plans in terms of minutes, text messages and data. While the service of signal and text messages are pretty much the same, its the internet speed that separates them.

At the moment Sprint and Verizon which are the fastest. Cingular is only good in their g3 zone. T-mobile is only good when it is in Edge territory which is BFE

These are conditions I would look at since I would like to get the best out of my service.
I agree with you, on that. The most important thing is my data plan. out of the 1000 mins I have every month. I average like 80 mins used when the bill comes.. But I have like 3-4K in text messages (this includes everything that has to do with data, thanks gods its unlimited.).

I dunno about switching to Verizon, they don't' have the phone and Karen is the only one I know that has it. My frequent callers all seem to have T-mob... Sprint.. eh, I dunno.. I know even LESS people with that lol...

Meh.. I dunno, for the most part, I really only surf the web on my phone when needed, for like those times when we are on the fly and need to look something up. I IM like mad tho... So definitely need the unlimited Data for the black berry.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:14 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Originally Posted by UberMaus
I agree with you, on that. The most important thing is my data plan. out of the 1000 mins I have every month. I average like 80 mins used when the bill comes.. But I have like 3-4K in text messages (this includes everything that has to do with data, thanks gods its unlimited.).

I dunno about switching to Verizon, they don't' have the phone and Karen is the only one I know that has it. My frequent callers all seem to have T-mob... Sprint.. eh, I dunno.. I know even LESS people with that lol...

Meh.. I dunno, for the most part, I really only surf the web on my phone when needed, for like those times when we are on the fly and need to look something up. I IM like mad tho... So definitely need the unlimited Data for the black berry.
Well at my work, I carry an At&t phone as well. I compared the internet speed between the At&t and T-mobile. I would have to say that At&t is double the speed of T-mobile. When comparing it to a co-workers sprint phone, her's is triple the speed of T-mobile.

With 1000 minutes a month, with no mobile to mobile, would you use up your minutes? If no then roll over is pointless for you.

Text messaging plans are pretty much the same, but it seems you are more text dependent. There is no real incentive for texting unless its unlimited. If there was a texting plan that was free mobile service to mobile service, I would say stick with T-mobile because majority of your friends have that service. Too bad there isn't.

For my 2 plans I have with T-mobile all with data, unlimited text and 500 minutes, my cell phone bill on average is $100 a month. So lets just say its $50 per person. Does that fit your budget?

Keep in mind when you go to a smart phone, it would be pointless for you not to run all the options. So getting unlimited text, data plan with no cap is a must.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:15 AM

Curve is great, however it doesn't include 3g and works on edge. The Iphone is coming out with a 3g ver. Which will be significantly faster than the edge, and I'm sure Blackberry will soon follow.

Quick Reply: Contracts about up.... "An den"