$5 million to combat illegal street racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 10:06 AM

Car Info: 04 STi WRB
"This here thing is illegal isn't it billy bob?"
"Why yes Tyrome, I remember them talking about it in class, shiny radiators are illegal"
Old 08-24-2005, 10:18 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Originally Posted by gdbimpreza
stoopid gay street racers are ruining for us just car enthusiasts

hey I'm offended by that comment. I street race all the time! If it wasn't for all those damn car entusiasts the cops wouldn't be up my *** now!
Old 08-24-2005, 10:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by LifePlaza
hey I'm offended by that comment. I street race all the time! If it wasn't for all those damn car entusiasts the cops wouldn't be up my *** now!
OH SNAPS!
Old 08-24-2005, 11:43 AM

Car Info: 1990 thing
question: is street racing the big huge problem that the government/police make it out to be? granted, it is a problem but it seems to me like they're blowing it out of proportion, making it sound like everyone and their grandma is doing it at every red light 24 hours a day. I could be wrong though, input?
Old 08-24-2005, 11:48 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
it is a problem and more importantly it can bring them big bucks
Old 08-24-2005, 01:17 PM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
Originally Posted by LifePlaza
but guys like this are not helping you.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...atalrace24.DTL

Tim
Old 08-24-2005, 01:18 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx
What's funny to me is why is 16 deaths a year high and how do they determine that they were caused from illegal street racing? Maybe the deaths were caused from bad lighting on a road, or badly maintained roads? How do they determine that the increased money has caused the decreased number of deaths? Hell, maybe it can be attributed to increased gas prices... I'm sure that there are bigger problems to deal with.

I'm also glad I don't live in those areas. There's nothing wrong with street racing, as long as you do it in a smart manner. I think they should use that money to educate the street racers and not the police! I know in Valencia, LASO has contracts with security companies and the security companies patrol the streets and give tips to the cops. There's nothing wrong with this because; a) it gives you about 3-5 minutes, depending on where you're at, to go hide; b) The very uniform pressence of the patrolling security car will contribute to less crimes being committed; c) Security companies are MUCH CHEAPER to use than hiring more cops to patrol at the odd hours of the night.

Last edited by maverick707; 08-24-2005 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:29 PM

Car Info: 1990 thing
Originally Posted by maverick707
What's funny to me is why is 16 deaths a year high and how do they determine that they were caused from illegal street racing? Maybe the deaths were caused from bad lighting on a road, or badly maintained roads? How do they determine that the increased money has caused the decreased number of deaths? Hell, maybe it can be attributed to increased gas prices... I'm sure that there are bigger problems to deal with.

I'm also glad I don't live in those areas. There's nothing wrong with street racing, as long as you do it in a smart manner. I think they should use that money to educate the street racers and not the police! I know in Valencia, LASO has contracts with security companies and the security companies patrol the streets and give tips to the cops. There's nothing wrong with this because; a) it gives you about 3-5 minutes, depending on where you're at, to go hide; b) The very uniform pressence of the patrolling security car will contribute to less crimes being committed; c) Security companies are MUCH CHEAPER to use than hiring more cops to patrol at the odd hours of the night.

wtf?
Old 08-24-2005, 01:32 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx
Originally Posted by samurai
but guys like this are not helping you.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...atalrace24.DTL

Tim
That guy needs to educated! Who races a 96 Nissan Maxima with a pregnant girlfriend as the passenger! It's like that RS that wanted to race me on the freeway that had a girl sitting ***** in the backseat holding an infant... That's just plain stupid....
Old 08-24-2005, 01:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AKA Sigma Pi (Co-Driver)
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
Damn, Turreto is going to be pissed....

hmm not so much Turreto... but Johnny Tran just took shipment on those SPOOOOOOOOOOON motors.....

HAHHAHAHAHAH
Old 08-24-2005, 02:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: rx8
Thumbs down

another update;

LOS ANGELES -- Law enforcement agencies in Irwindale, Ontario and Riverside will share more than $1 million in grants to fight illegal street racing.

Several deaths each year are blamed on the races.

The grants will help pay for officer training to recognize illegally modified vehicles and provide funds for overtime. They are part of a $5 million statewide effort funded by the California Office of Traffic Safety.

In Riverside County, the Board of Supervisors also is considering a plan to make watching street races illegal. Spectators could face up to 90 days in jail and a $1,000 fine.

hehe
still baffles me that the state can pull out $1M for the purpose to teach officers that anybody in a modified car is an illegal street racer
bet you they still wont' second look domestics
Old 08-24-2005, 03:44 PM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
Originally Posted by laoba
another update;

In Riverside County, the Board of Supervisors also is considering a plan to make watching street races illegal. Spectators could face up to 90 days in jail and a $1,000 fine.

hehe
still baffles me that the state can pull out $1M for the purpose to teach officers that anybody in a modified car is an illegal street racer
bet you they still wont' second look domestics
Already done in Oakland... but with street racing/side shows where domestics do doughnuts...

Tim
Old 08-24-2005, 08:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: FORD PINTO
Originally Posted by Sigma Pi (Nav)
hmm not so much Turreto... but Johnny Tran just took shipment on those SPOOOOOOOOOOON motors.....

HAHHAHAHAHAH

swat came into my home, disrespected my family