Site Suggestions and Feedback Submit your input and suggestions - help us make i-Club a better place.

Teh new rules thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 04:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 PSM WRX
Thanks for the info and sorry for posting those questions in the wrong forum.

I'm all for supporting i-club vendors when they carry what I'm looking for but if I want something that none of them carry I will go elsewhere.

If someone on the boards is looking for a solution to a problem and none of the supporting vendors have that solution I guess I'll have to risk being punished for helping them out.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:30 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by MO REX
Thanks for the info and sorry for posting those questions in the wrong forum.

I'm all for supporting i-club vendors when they carry what I'm looking for but if I want something that none of them carry I will go elsewhere.

If someone on the boards is looking for a solution to a problem and none of the supporting vendors have that solution I guess I'll have to risk being punished for helping them out.
In these particular cases, you can PM one of us with the information and we'll discuss it and make a judgement call. The rules are guidelines and your specific example falls into a grey area anyway.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:05 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Truth. Again, noone is getting banned for trying to help out other users, we just need to have guidelines to refer to if something becomes problematic (the difference between a user saying "hey, i know noone here sells this item, but I can point you in the right direction if you need it" as opposed to a guerilla marketing technique initiated by a shop to get advertising without paying fees). If we don't have something to point to and say "hey, you can't do that, this is why" then we have to make up rules as we go along, which is bad for consistency; we want a stable board where people feel like the staff is looking out for their best interests and trying to improve the site, not trying to constrain people with hard and fast new rules.

Did your login stuff go away? I just want to make sure we're not missing issues because they're buried in other threads.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:13 PM
VIP Member

Sounds good. I figured that was how you guys were going to handle it. I just wanted to make sure I understood the rule. I'll compile a list of parts I've been known to recommend and send you guys a PM for approval.

sybir

I took your advise and I don't have to log in to post anymore but I'm not getting notifications every time a subscribed thread has a response. If the problem persists I'll post something in one of the general forums.

Thanks
Old 04-22-2007, 08:37 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by MO REX
Sounds good. I figured that was how you guys were going to handle it. I just wanted to make sure I understood the rule. I'll compile a list of parts I've been known to recommend and send you guys a PM for approval.

sybir

I took your advise and I don't have to log in to post anymore but I'm not getting notifications every time a subscribed thread has a response. If the problem persists I'll post something in one of the general forums.

Thanks
Check your spam or bulk settings on your email. The notifications may be getting blocked or dumped into a bulk folder.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:58 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Egan
Check your spam or bulk settings on your email. The notifications may be getting blocked or dumped into a bulk folder.

Thanks for the help. PM sent.