Site Suggestions and Feedback Submit your input and suggestions - help us make i-Club a better place.

Teh new rules thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 12:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Teh new rules thread

Originally Posted by spt
The new rules are only in place to setup some type of boundary and also to keep moderation fair. Banning will be in effect for only severe cases, which means it will be used as a last resort. I-Club has one of the calmest atmospheres around and I want to maintain it. As new users come to the site, these rules should help maintain that.

Forum Rules

The following rules apply to all members of i-club.com. They are instated to ensure a well-run board and to embrace meaningful discussions related to the Subaru model line. :

1. No vendor advertising unless registered with our site. This includes but is not limited to threads, posts, avatars, and signatures.

2. Before posting a question, please conduct a search for an answer.

3. Absolutely no postings of nudity or sexually explicit materials. This site is "work friendly" and any images or avatars deemed unacceptable will be removed.

4. The moderators and administrators of i-club.com have the right to edit/open/close/move/delete any thread or post.

5. Posting in all CAPS is forbidden. If the majority of a message if determined to be made up of CAPS it will be deleted and the user will be warned.

6. Circumventing the inappropriate language filter is forbidden. Repeat offenders will be set to Troll Mode.

7. No bashing vendors, shops, or other websites without just cause. i-club.com reserves the right to determine when just cause has been proven, so all complaints should be sent to our staff for evaluation. If you don't like it and haven't talked to our staff about it, don't post.

8. i-club.com is an english-speaking forum. The contents of every message SHOULD be written with proper English. If you have been warned and the content is not corrected within 24 hours, your message will be deleted. The international forums are allowed to use some native language but entire threads may not be in a language other then english.

9. Post subjects should give an honest description of the content inside. This information should either be included in the subject or description line. Furthermore, subjects and messages should not have any derogatory comments towards any race, gender, sexuality, ethnic background, or age.

10. All issues with members should be taken up by email or through the use of our pm system. If you like, you may contact a moderator or staff member to mediate.

11. Flaming will not be tolerated for any reason. Users who verbally assault other posters on a regular basis will be set to Troll Mode. Name-calling is not acceptable. Moderator's judgment applies here. "You are wrong" is not a personal attack; "You are an idiot" is.

12. New Topics should be posted in the correct forum with an accurate description. Topics posted in the wrong forum will either be moved or deleted without moderator notification. If you continue to post messages in the wrong forum, you will be warned. If you cannot locate your thread view your started threads in your profile. If it is not listed it was deleted.

13. Our tech forums are here to answer important technical questions pertaining to the Subaru model line. The quality of the content is very important, thus questions lacking technical merit will either be deleted or moved.

14. When replying to a thread in ANY of our tech forums, the poster should have at least one of the following: additional content pertaining to the subject, a related technical question. Replies with useless, unrelated comments or questions will be deleted.

15. No cross posting allowed. Do not copy the text from your new thread to another thread in a different forum. You may copy the link to your first thread and post that in another forum if you feel that the topic is related. The goal is to prevent two discussions on the same topic at the same time.

16. Street racing related threads are not permitted and will be deleted on sight. No questions asked. i-club.com does not tolerate nor condone illicit activities.

17. Lowballing in the Marketplace is not allowed. This includes comments on price, where to get it cheaper or any inflammatory remarks. i-club.com is in no way responsible for any transaction that takes place through this site.

18. Using the PM system to solicit non-vendor sales or to circumvent any of the site rules or policies is strictly prohibited. Any member engaging in this activity will be set to Troll Mode.

19. No posting of copyrighted or proprietary information without consent. This includes service manuals, software, music and last but not least vendor maps. Log files are permitted. Any use of log files to flame or discredit a vendor will result in deletion of the logs and/or the thread in it's entirety.

20. Multiple screen names is strictly forbidden. Any member found to be posting under two screen names will be set to Troll Mode for a minimum of 7 days and the additional accounts will be removed. Any repeat offense of this rule will result in a permanent ban of the member.

Members that violate these rules will typically be warned. If the offense is repeated then they may be banned for a time determined by the administrators and moderators. We don't want to ban anyone, so again we will use it as a LAST resort.

Wow I have some issues I would like to address!

3. Absolutely no postings of nudity or sexually explicit materials. This site is "work friendly" and any images or avatars deemed unacceptable will be removed.
https://www.i-club.com/forums/rife-plazapalooza-151/
Rife Praza region is about lifestyle, activities and dating where fellow members help each other. Heck we had a fellow SCIC member lose their virginity because of the efforts of people on this forum. kudos to you guys
https://www.i-club.com/forums/is2scoobys-house-pain-pleasure-94/
IS2Scooby provides all of the best eye candy for us and I'm sure it generates lots of traffic.

Maybe we can put warnings up or make it so only certain members who have a paid subscriptions to this site can post up and view material like this?

5. Posting in all CAPS is forbidden. If the majority of a message if determined to be made up of CAPS it will be deleted and the user will be warned.
Originally Posted by South Coast Subaru
WHOS DOWN TO GO?
Ferdie
obviously you haven't read any of Ferdie's posts? He's a Vendor and a very active member of I-club who has helped many of us out? There are times he'll be keying in orders and toggling through screens to post on I-club. You going to hold it against him and others if they type in all CAPS?

6. Circumventing the inappropriate language filter is forbidden. Repeat offenders will be set to Troll Mode.
swear filter right?

8. i-club.com is an english-speaking forum. The contents of every message SHOULD be written with proper English. If you have been warned and the content is not corrected within 24 hours, your message will be deleted. The international forums are allowed to use some native language but entire threads may not be in a language other then english.
Have you visited Puerto Rico yet?
https://www.i-club.com/forums/puerto-rico-87/que-le-pasa-mi-carro-157916/
(Spanish speaking)
And have you visited So Cal?
https://www.i-club.com/forums/socal-26/
(Chinglish or college grads with poor grammar skills)
Whats the big deal?

9. Post subjects should give an honest description of the content inside. This information should either be included in the subject or description line. Furthermore, subjects and messages should not have any derogatory comments towards any race, gender, sexuality, ethnic background, or age.
I'm confused about this? If we get a visitor to So Cal and asks us "hey where can I go party at?' I'll reply with what kind of party, do you prefer Mixed, Asian, Latino, Black, or White?

10. All issues with members should be taken up by email or through the use of our pm system. If you like, you may contact a moderator or staff member to mediate.
11. Flaming will not be tolerated for any reason. Users who verbally assault other posters on a regular basis will be set to Troll Mode. Name-calling is not acceptable. Moderator's judgment applies here. "You are wrong" is not a personal attack; "You are an idiot" is.
If there's an argument between members, I'd like to watch it play out. It's like rubber necking when you see a car wreck.
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...highlight=meet

18. Using the PM system to solicit non-vendor sales or to circumvent any of the site rules or policies is strictly prohibited. Any member engaging in this activity will be set to Troll Mode.
What about installs? Lets say a member posts "where can I get my jdm side markers installed?" Its a fairly simple job, what wrong with a local member saying hey, I'll show you how to do it, just buy me lunch. Is that considered solicited sales?

19. No posting of copyrighted or proprietary information without consent. This includes service manuals, software, music and last but not least vendor maps. Log files are permitted. Any use of log files to flame or discredit a vendor will result in deletion of the logs and/or the thread in it's entirety.
At my place of work I have access to ALLDATA which carries numerous tech guides and announcements for all Makes and Models. If a member is looking for info, I look there to help out and if I see something pertaining to it, I'll post it up so it helps the other members. I pay for my subscription, what I do with it is my choice. If I want to share it with other people, thats my choice.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 toyota tacoma
and the feeling of nasioc bestows upon thee...
Old 04-17-2007, 12:51 PM
spt

Car Info: Proj STI, Evo, JDM 180sx Time Attack, & A3
Originally Posted by LifePlaza
Wow I have some issues I would like to address!
NP. Let's get your issues resolved.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=151
Rife Praza region is about lifestyle, activities and dating where fellow members help each other. Heck we had a fellow SCIC member lose their virginity because of the efforts of people on this forum. kudos to you guys
https://www.i-club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94
IS2Scooby provides all of the best eye candy for us and I'm sure it generates lots of traffic.

Maybe we can put warnings up or make it so only certain members who have a paid subscriptions to this site can post up and view material like this?
I don't mind putting a warning for certain sections of the site as long as it stays within those sections. Also what I don't want are **** pics or just plain nudity on the site. We will have underage users here and it's against the law to have adult material shown to minors. As long as the girls have some cloths on, I will be fine with it.

obviously you haven't read any of Ferdie's posts? He's a Vendor and a very active member of I-club who has helped many of us out? There are times he'll be keying in orders and toggling through screens to post on I-club. You going to hold it against him and others if they type in all CAPS?
I don't mind it as long as the purpose behind is if it needs to be "popped out" for everyone to see. What I don't want is constant posts just written all in caps all the time.

swear filter right?
Correct.

Have you visited Puerto Rico yet?
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157916
(Spanish speaking)
And have you visited So Cal?
https://www.i-club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26
(Chinglish or college grads with poor grammar skills)
Whats the big deal?
The point of it is to keep things understandable for the rest of us. Users will use this site to search for info and it would be nice to be able to understand the dialog. Also as the rule states, international sections will be able to speak in their own languages.

I'm confused about this? If we get a visitor to So Cal and asks us "hey where can I go party at?' I'll reply with what kind of party, do you prefer Mixed, Asian, Latino, Black, or White?
It shouldn't be that hard to understand. In your example aren't you still talking about partying? [/QUOTE]

If there's an argument between members, I'd like to watch it play out. It's like rubber necking when you see a car wreck.
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...highlight=meet
You have to remember this is a car forum first, not a soap opera forum. Also there is a difference between a argument/discussion and a all out fight.

What about installs? Lets say a member posts "where can I get my jdm side markers installed?" Its a fairly simple job, what wrong with a local member saying hey, I'll show you how to do it, just buy me lunch. Is that considered solicited sales?
The reason for this rule is that we are now prescreening each business that signs up for a vendor package. What I'm trying to avoid are scams or people getting things done that they didn't ask for. I'm trying to put some layer of protection. Your example is just a person helping another person out. You are not trying to make a profit from it.

At my place of work I have access to ALLDATA which carries numerous tech guides and announcements for all Makes and Models. If a member is looking for info, I look there to help out and if I see something pertaining to it, I'll post it up so it helps the other members. I pay for my subscription, what I do with it is my choice. If I want to share it with other people, thats my choice.
It comes down to copyright issues. If ALLDATA emails us to take it down then we have to take it down. Reason for that is you may have a subscription, but we don't. Technically anything posted on this site is our responsibility. So as long as I don't get an email from them then everything will be cool.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:57 PM
spt

Car Info: Proj STI, Evo, JDM 180sx Time Attack, & A3
Originally Posted by mrruins
and the feeling of nasioc bestows upon thee...

Why because now we have a set of rules to follow? I think most forums now have a simple set of rules, not just NASIOC. The main thing to look for is how the rules are being enforced.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/your-input-new-rules-161206/

See link above.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:34 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by spt
Why because now we have a set of rules to follow? I think most forums now have a simple set of rules, not just NASIOC. The main thing to look for is how the rules are being enforced.
even the pr0n forums im on have ruels

Last edited by sigma pi; 04-17-2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:40 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
lol, all your points are exaggerated, this place isn't gonna change that much.

you should have saved this thread for when a rule was actually enforced towards you and you were upset about it.

comon now, do you really think they are gonna ban a spanish speaking member who speaks spanish in the puerto rico forum?

do you really think they will ban ferdie for typing in caps once in a while?

do you really think you are gonna get banned for saying "lets go to a party with a bunch of asians"?

is buying someone lunch paying them for their services? not really..its just showing appreciation for someone helping you out.

Your post makes it seem like boostlabs is gonna make stuff strict over here..its not like it, if it was like that evom would not be as much of a success as it is.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:56 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by Zoeb2s
lol, all your points are exaggerated, this place isn't gonna change that much.

you should have saved this thread for when a rule was actually enforced towards you and you were upset about it.

comon now, do you really think they are gonna ban a spanish speaking member who speaks spanish in the puerto rico forum?

do you really think they will ban ferdie for typing in caps once in a while?

do you really think you are gonna get banned for saying "lets go to a party with a bunch of asians"?

is buying someone lunch paying them for their services? not really..its just showing appreciation for someone helping you out.

Your post makes it seem like boostlabs is gonna make stuff strict over here..its not like it, if it was like that evom would not be as much of a success as it is.

And everyone told me Zoeb had no common sense...

Old 04-18-2007, 10:00 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
some on hijacked his account
Old 04-20-2007, 09:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 PSM WRX
Am I allowed to recommend a shop that is not a registered i-club vendor? I can think of a couple parts available for the WRX that none of the i-club vendors carry.

Why do I have to refresh the page and sign in every time I want to post?
Old 04-20-2007, 10:36 PM

Car Info: 04 wrx
Originally Posted by MO REX
Am I allowed to recommend a shop that is not a registered i-club vendor? I can think of a couple parts available for the WRX that none of the i-club vendors carry.

Why do I have to refresh the page and sign in every time I want to post?

I thought I was the only one that it happened to
Old 04-21-2007, 06:15 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX 4EAT (VF34'd and FMIC'd)----sold :(
Thumbs down

Damn( can I still say that?) , I-club is changing. I've always thought of it as a fun place to hang out during lunch or school that was geared more towards the "younger" crowd. NASIOC is all hardcore "if you don't know this, you're an idiot and hand in your keys @#$%&" type but here IT WAS ok to joke around as long as the poster knew were kidding.

No ****, where am I gonna get my fix now? I can't go onto sites without having gay **** plaster all over my e-mail.

Wow, little harsh don't ya ( sorry, you) think. Some times it's funny when people do this, getting points for it-not so much.

This is gonna ( sorry going to be) fun and last long.

To me it seems as though someone's said knock off the kid stuff, and grow up.
I've been through one split, I don't wanna ( sorry want to) go through another.

S.d.
posted 4/21/07
Old 04-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
I understand people's concerns, but most of these rules were already in place. Not much has changed, the rules were just reposted and updated a little. We're not going to be banning people left and right, these aren't in place for us to tyrannize users, they're there to set basic guidelines so we can refer to them *if* something becomes a problem.

For example: Someone posting in all caps in part of a post is exclamatory, and fine. It's how you convey shouting, etc.

Someone who posts every single post in all caps and becomes an annoyance to the members of the board becuase of it, we can drop a PM and say "hey, we'd appreciate it if you could knock it off, it's part of the basic site rules." They're not going to get banned at the drop of a hat, we're not like that around here and everyone knows it. We all want to provide a fun, comfortable place to hang out and share information, and part of that is being able to keep everyone communicating effectively. If noone complains or has a problem with someone's posts, we're not going to interfere.

Make sense?
Old 04-21-2007, 09:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 PSM WRX
Now I'm not getting e-mail notifications and I have to sign in every time I post. Hopefully this is just a temporary problem.

Patiently waiting for a response to my first post.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:01 AM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
For your vendor question, the answer is no. The vendors pay to be here and we need to support them, so posting about other shops for the purpose of promoting other products is not allowed.

We do have a Vendor Review forum for posting your experiences with non I-club vendors, but it's to be used for shop/dealership feedback, etc; not promoting products or parts sales.

Make sense? The whole idea is to support the vondors who support the site.

As for your login problem, there's something going on with your box, as we'd have hundreds of people complaining otherwise; are you checking the box to stay logged in when you authenticate on the site (iit's off by default)? If you are, you may need to clear your cookies. This is not a discussion for the rules thread, so please post up in one of the general forums if you're still having problems after that.

Quick Reply: Teh new rules thread