Site Suggestions and Feedback Submit your input and suggestions - help us make i-Club a better place.

divide and conquer....

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 08:26 AM

Lightbulb divide and conquer....

so i have noticed that all of the forums seem to be bogged down with compatability questions. there are posts every day because seaching the forum database takes hours. if there was some sort of fitment matrix then it would be a 1-2-3 process of looking at a diagram and seeing what works...

my idea is to put together something that looks like a bingo card but with models/years down the side and across the top. also have a separate matrix for each catagory (ie: brakes, struts, transtimtions, exhaust systems, ect.
so lets say if someone wanted to put WRX rotors onto a '96 RS then they would find the donor car on the left and scroll across until it lined up with their car on the top. in the intersected square would be a code like "AP/E/NM" meaning "additional parts needed, enthusiast skill level, an no modification needed (bolt on job)".

i have no doubt that there are people on this forum that know this stuff, i'm just not the guy. i see a lot of people getting tripped up with elaborate explainations to simple questions when something like this would answer their question.

a DIY area would also help... something where people could submit pics and explainations of their mods throughout the process but the i-club moderators would pick and choose what actually got posted. (just so people are giving bogus advise)

okay. last point... having only two catagories for most of the impreza questions is confusing to both those who ask and answer the questions. it would be much easier if forums where grouped by which vehicles are the most similar. for example here are my idea's for forums: 93-01 IMPREZAS, 02+ N/A IMPREZAS, TURBO 02+ IMPREZAS, EJ2.5, EJ2.0, EJ2.2....

i hope my suggestions make at least a little bit of sense. weather or not they are used is another story... have a great day.

peace~mechmedic
Old 08-28-2005, 01:44 PM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
Originally Posted by mechanizedmedic
so i have noticed that all of the forums seem to be bogged down with compatability questions. there are posts every day because seaching the forum database takes hours. if there was some sort of fitment matrix then it would be a 1-2-3 process of looking at a diagram and seeing what works...

my idea is to put together something that looks like a bingo card but with models/years down the side and across the top. also have a separate matrix for each catagory (ie: brakes, struts, transtimtions, exhaust systems, ect.
so lets say if someone wanted to put WRX rotors onto a '96 RS then they would find the donor car on the left and scroll across until it lined up with their car on the top. in the intersected square would be a code like "AP/E/NM" meaning "additional parts needed, enthusiast skill level, an no modification needed (bolt on job)".

i have no doubt that there are people on this forum that know this stuff, i'm just not the guy. i see a lot of people getting tripped up with elaborate explainations to simple questions when something like this would answer their question.

a DIY area would also help... something where people could submit pics and explainations of their mods throughout the process but the i-club moderators would pick and choose what actually got posted. (just so people are giving bogus advise)

okay. last point... having only two catagories for most of the impreza questions is confusing to both those who ask and answer the questions. it would be much easier if forums where grouped by which vehicles are the most similar. for example here are my idea's for forums: 93-01 IMPREZAS, 02+ N/A IMPREZAS, TURBO 02+ IMPREZAS, EJ2.5, EJ2.0, EJ2.2....

i hope my suggestions make at least a little bit of sense. weather or not they are used is another story... have a great day.

peace~mechmedic

That sounds like a great idea...

thunder_sti
Old 08-30-2005, 03:41 AM

thought so... the only problem is that i'm not the one with the knowledge.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:24 PM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
lol...Im pretty sure someone has good valuable inf. to share...