WRX's make your parking lights flash when you lock/unlock your doors!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 04:43 PM
Ash

Car Info: 02 WRX wgn full STI swap
WRX's make your parking lights flash when you lock/unlock your doors!

I made this so I didn't have to listen for my doors to lock anymore...

I made a bunch of them up and I'm not making a bunch of money on them I just thought others would like the it too.

It's simply a heavy duty auto relay and a couple diodes soldered and shrink wrapped with wires that are all cut to length and crimped with easy connectors so install's easy. I'll include easy directions and all you really need is a phillips head screwdriver, a razor blade, and a 10mm socket with extensioon.

$35 + shipping (very light... maybe about $6 shipping from CA to NY)

This mod will make your parking lights flash once for half a second each time you push a button on your factory remote. If you have the factory security system upgrade it already does this and you can stop reading. It will still work with the horn honk feature although that's the whole reason I did it in the first place... I didn't want my horn to honk but I still wanted to know my doors had locked. post here, or PM, or email Y2Krc51@yahoo.com

thanks,

Ash

Last edited by Ash; 04-04-2003 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-04-2003, 04:48 PM
Ash

yes... uh I think...

This will work for anycar with keyless entry pretty much. But The directions I have are only for the WRX. I dont have the service manual with the wiring diagrams or I'd be happy to make them up. If anyone wants to post or send me the CD rom for the the GC8 I'll give you one of these real cheap!

sonny... check your PM
Old 04-05-2003, 02:11 PM

Car Info: DOHC Impreza RS soon to be TN
This will work with all GD's right? I think my mom might want this for her '02 OBS.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:28 PM
Ash

yes... but

It's kinda complicated to know which wires to use... See, I only have the WRX, So I only wrote instructions to take apart the WRX lower dash peice and the underside of the WRX steeringcolumn and which wires to run and plug into where.

I wouldn't know how to work on the OBS or GC8. The wire are probly the same colors but as for the location, I just don't know. As I said, if someone local wanted to be a guinne pig I'd be happy to make directions and take pics for those too.

If you are pretty good with wiring, I can make you one of these with longer wires and tell you where they need to go. It'll be up to you to read the service manual for your car and find the wires I tell you to.

It's only four wires. The WRX is actually harder than te OBS would be because you normally need the key to make the lights work.

How about that service manual??? I'm happy to do it for you.

BAHBOY20: That is the reason I made this. You can turn the horn honk feature on and off easy (it says how on the back of the remote) but it doesn't make the lights flash. So I made this thing that reads the doorlock pulse and tells a relay to flash the parking light switch on the steering column for half a second each and every time you push the button (as many times as you want, you can make them flash). Everything else will still work as it used to. Nothing is being changed, you only add the lights to the whole deal.

Ash

Last edited by Ash; 04-05-2003 at 07:35 PM.
Old 04-06-2003, 11:15 PM
Ash

it should not be any different for your MY02 OBS because it's the same chassis. You do NOT need to remove the steering wheel to install this... just the bottom cover. and the lower dash peice... eaqsy stuff.

ash
Old 04-06-2003, 11:27 PM
Ash

Yeah... I have the pics on my desktop at home... won't be there till tomorrow night. But I'll send them to you.. Just PM me your email okay?

Ash