Looking to move to Sac. Any suggestions???

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 10:33 PM

Car Info: 2007 suzuki GSX-R600
Originally Posted by BlackVenom96
pretty much anything in roseville, folsom (highly recomended), orangevale, fairoaks, rocklin, and some of citrus heights would be good. ive lived in orangevale all my life and i love it. i work in folsom and its a very, very nice city but kind of expensive.
folsom is very nice, i love it
Old 04-28-2005, 10:18 AM

Car Info: Blue 05 STi
Originally Posted by isr96
folsom is very nice, i love it

folsom's nice in a suburban, raise your family type of way. if you're single and want to do something other with your nights and weekends than hang out with 30somethings at the 2-3 good pubs in town, you need to get out of there. which is what i shall be doing soon. screw folsom, i say!
Old 04-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by BlackVenom96
pretty much anything in roseville, folsom (highly recomended), orangevale, fairoaks, rocklin, and some of citrus heights would be good. ive lived in orangevale all my life and i love it. i work in folsom and its a very, very nice city but kind of expensive.
dude, folsom is nice, but if your in your mid to late 20's Folsom's nightlife sucks.

So I wouldn't want to move to Folsom, not yet at least.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:07 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
dude, folsom is nice, but if your in your mid to late 20's Folsom's nightlife sucks.

So I wouldn't want to move to Folsom, not yet at least.
That's what everyone told me when I bought my house in Granite Bay in 1997 (I was 27 at the time). Now that my house has nearly tripled in value, I just smile.

If you're buying a house, be smart about it and think about the long term. Older/well established neighborhoods are good because you know what you're getting into up front. I feel bad for some of the folks in Roseville that bought houses next to empty fields only to have a Safeway in their backyard (literally) a few years later. Most importantly, think about future resale value. You never know when life will change and you'll have to move to another city or country.

And welcome to Sac. Despite what the naysayers in the Ghey Area might say, it is a great place to live.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by Egan
And welcome to Sac. Despite what the naysayers in the Ghey Area might say, it is a great place to live.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:51 AM

Car Info: silver '02 wrx
Thumbs up

If you're looking for established areas my vote is for downtown sac. i recently bought a 3 bed for not much more than your price range. it takes a little patience but it's worth it.

all homes have character and style(no track homes). most were built between 1920 to 1950. you can find them with basements or built in cabinets in places other than the kitchen. most are hardwood floors.

plus the nightlife downtown is really great. you can literally stumble home if needed or catch a cab for just a few bucks.

my $.02...
Old 04-29-2005, 05:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Originally Posted by cdawg
I lived in Sac for 5 yrs. before moving to San Jose. I had a duplex in Greenhaven, and I strongly recommend that area. It is true that if you go to the other side of I5, it becomes hood real quick, but Greenhaven is an established neighborhood, as opposed to Natomas and Elk Grove, which are mostly new development. Look for a place off of Havenside, or maybe Pocket Rd. Some nice houses can be had there, if you have the money.
+1 for greenhaven/pocket.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:17 AM

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by isr96
don't move to south sac. Thats where i live
Ditto I live in South Sac also. Not the greatest.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:19 AM

if you could find one in roseville under 350k, much props to u...but i'd check out Lincoln also, developing area, new, nice, the works!
Old 05-02-2005, 04:56 PM

So a buddy of mine and I are thinking of moving to Sac from Folsom, because of the incredibly boring Folsom nightlife. The two areas we're looking at are downtown and the Sac State area...which would you guys recommend? Or are they close enough to where we could get something in between?

We're definitely not buying anything...just renting...preferably a house, or a really cool apartment (say above a bar/pub).

Any advice?
Old 05-02-2005, 05:21 PM

Car Info: silver '02 wrx
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Disastorpasztor
So a buddy of mine and I are thinking of moving to Sac from Folsom, because of the incredibly boring Folsom nightlife. The two areas we're looking at are downtown and the Sac State area...which would you guys recommend? Or are they close enough to where we could get something in between?

We're definitely not buying anything...just renting...preferably a house, or a really cool apartment (say above a bar/pub).

Any advice?
i used to rent an apartment near sac state and rented one downtown. i really like downtown a lot more. def harder to find a house downtown but there are plenty of cool apatments. almost all are within walking distance of at least one bar. cabs are easier to find downtown and walking around is really no big deal. i stagger home all the time. the areas in between aren't bad but i think you'll find you're spending most of your time downtown.

my $.02 and then some.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by erip
i used to rent an apartment near sac state and rented one downtown. i really like downtown a lot more. def harder to find a house downtown but there are plenty of cool apatments. almost all are within walking distance of at least one bar. cabs are easier to find downtown and walking around is really no big deal. i stagger home all the time. the areas in between aren't bad but i think you'll find you're spending most of your time downtown.

my $.02 and then some.

yesss...the stumble home part...definitely planning on taking advantage of that!
Old 05-03-2005, 04:05 PM
MILF Hunter

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT
DO NOT MOVE ANYWHERE NEAR EL DORADO HILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we have an Asbestis (spelling?) problem here. My dad wants to move out of here. I am just scared the next more is to Nevada....