Anyone Live In Reno?!?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 08:31 AM

Car Info: another turbo, but not an import
ok, enough is enough. i used the wrong term, OK?

i promise that i will not drive like a "jackass" when i come up to the mountains, but i will drive within my limits.

you folks up in there in the mountains have no idea of what "idiot/jackass" drivers are until you drive in Bay Area commute traffic. if you did, you would almost certainly have a better appreciation for the drivers in your area.

i am releasing on this now.

Peace!
Old 04-13-2008, 05:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Originally Posted by ptownBob
ok, enough is enough. i used the wrong term, OK?

i promise that i will not drive like a "jackass" when i come up to the mountains, but i will drive within my limits.

you folks up in there in the mountains have no idea of what "idiot/jackass" drivers are until you drive in Bay Area commute traffic. if you did, you would almost certainly have a better appreciation for the drivers in your area.

i am releasing on this now.

Peace!
I apologize bud. To be honest, I never meant it to be a personal attack. Hell, I've never met you, nor do I remember reading any of your previous posts on i-club, so how could it be personal? I only meant to remind you to be safe. And yeah, it was strongly worded, but thats cause most people needed it beaten through their head before it becomes clear. And as I don't know you, I can't have possibly known anything about you or your experiences. From the start I considered not necessarily a rant against you personally, but a rant against the general type of person that uses words like "twisties" to describe roads. Apparently you aren't that type, but how was I to know that? All I had to judge you on was a few sentences.

And to be clear, I never called you a jackass. I said you talked like one (the word "twisties" is definitely jackass vocabulary in my book) and assumed you drove like one too. I hope you realize that I am well aware of the full connotations of assuming and similes, especially over the internet, and I wasn't trying to say that I thought you were, but that I thought you could be.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:19 PM

Car Info: Porsche 911 GT3
Nick, I am so happy to see you apologize. Yes, Bob is a great guy. Him an I are the older crowd here and have lots of respect for the roads. We love the twsited roads because they're fun, but we're not about breaking the law. I met Bob at the last bay are meet and drive and can tell you, he's one of the nicest and most respectful guys you can ever meet.

I do see lots of attacks on i-club amongst members, but i never know if they know one another or not or just having fun. but sometimes people don't know one another and they interpret words the way they want and make a big deal out of it. i-club is meant to be a club for the people that love the subarus and have similar passions. i can tell you neither bob or i ever approve of street racing or people that do it. it is not for us and it is not acceptable.