$9000 to play with

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Originally Posted by svek
i am intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

it's 9.99 a month
Old 01-03-2007, 05:03 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM WRX
ok so the invest part may be an idea, but im young and stupid. dont know if i could just put away money when i could spend it on useless stuff.

i like that blue one that sonicsuby posted up, its close too in carmichael. not sure about the custom headers part....

i also have been looking at RsMonkey's car. although im not too sure about that one either. it has been modded and he doesnt know about the mileage since he put the sti cluster in. he thinks its around 115k and he hasnt done the headgaskets yet....here is picture though http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...i/DSC_0194.jpg

and even if i could afford an sti, i wouldnt want it. i like my chassis more.
i R seen this car at 24 hr fit in laguna!its uber clean! buy it!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 05:06 PM

Car Info: '99 2.5rs - Rally Blue
Originally Posted by midnitewrx02
i R seen this car at 24 hr fit in laguna!its uber clean! buy it!!!
ive seen the car at sac state, but did you read what i wrote about it? not sure i want to deal with that. or if i could register it properly with that cluster in there...

i may test drive it on saturday. he wants me to make him an offer so basically if my offer is too low he complains and if its higher than what he expected he gets extra money. i hate sellers that do this.
________
Stoddard-Dayton

Last edited by svek; 02-20-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Troll

low ball the **** outa him... then when he complains make him dig his own grave
Old 01-03-2007, 05:09 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM WRX
ive seen the car at sac state, but did you read what i wrote about it? not sure i want to deal with that. or if i could register it properly with that cluster in there...

i may test drive it on saturday. he wants me to make him an offer so basically if my offer is too low he complains and if its higher than what he expected he gets extra money. i hate sellers that do this.
yah the cluster deal is a PITA.. how could he not keep track of the mileage? .. as far as im concerned, " make me an offer" is an invite to lowball him
Old 01-03-2007, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by sonicsuby
Mainly for him, a CD would be a safe investment - his money wouldn't grow a ton, but it also wouldn't be all gone tomorrow if he made a bad decision. When he gets out of school, having $5k sitting in the bank (that has hopefully grown to $6k or $7k) will be nice. He can use it for expenses with getting a place out of the dorms or with other expenses when he starts working in whatever field he wants.
Ya, saving as much as he can and investing it would be a great option if he could do so. He'd be a lot better off then a lot of guys his age (including myself at the time) that blew through a lot of dough, and spent a **** load of money on their car and then can't pay to fill up their gas tank (although I've never really had that problem). Any opinions on a safe investment with a higher yield then a CD? I've been looking into it a little, but not sure what to do with the a chunk of money I'd like to invest.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by mashpro
Ya, saving as much as he can and investing it would be a great option if he could do so. He'd be a lot better off then a lot of guys his age (including myself at the time) that blew through a lot of dough, and spent a **** load of money on their car and then can't pay to fill up their gas tank (although I've never really had that problem). Any opinions on a safe investment with a higher yield then a CD? I've been looking into it a little, but not sure what to do with the a chunk of money I'd like to invest.
I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to investing. I'm trying to learn but it's been slow progress .
Old 01-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Troll

Yesssss lets all save our money that way the banks can spend it all when we die and have tons of money saved up :banana:
Old 01-03-2007, 07:27 PM
VIP Member

mashpro: Sorry I forgot to mention this earlier, ING Direct has a really basic investing intro here and you can also find some more in depth tutorials at cbs.marketwatch.com and www.nyse.com.

Originally Posted by GT35 STI
Yesssss lets all save our money that way the banks can spend it all when we die and have tons of money saved up :banana:
It pays to have some cash laying around when an opportunity presents itself.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
dude, there's provisions for registering a car without knowing the exact mileage. my brother did it with his m3, the cluster needed replacement.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by RussB
dude, there's provisions for registering a car without knowing the exact mileage. my brother did it with his m3, the cluster needed replacement.
exactly what im scared of. what does it cost to fix that kind of thing?
________
Full melt bubble hash

Last edited by svek; 02-20-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by sonicsuby
mashpro: Sorry I forgot to mention this earlier, ING Direct has a really basic investing intro here and you can also find some more in depth tutorials at cbs.marketwatch.com and www.nyse.com.

It pays to have some cash laying around when an opportunity presents itself.

some money is fine, like if you are saving for a house... saving for a car.... I see the point in saving in means to buy something, but I have these 80+ year old grand aunts that have MILLIONS in their banks and will NEVER spend it... they live in a ok at best hour, drive beater cars their entire life... don't give their kids any money... and one of them died just recently, it's pointless
Old 01-03-2007, 07:36 PM

hmm just talked to the guy, he said he put the stock cluster back in. odo reads 106k.
________
Bmw m roadster

Last edited by svek; 02-20-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:22 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by GT35 STI
some money is fine, like if you are saving for a house... saving for a car.... I see the point in saving in means to buy something, but I have these 80+ year old grand aunts that have MILLIONS in their banks and will NEVER spend it... they live in a ok at best hour, drive beater cars their entire life... don't give their kids any money... and one of them died just recently, it's pointless
Gotta have money to retire on though. And it's a good idea to keep money in a place where you could get at it in a pinch. Never know when you might need money in a hurry, of just to invest if a business opportunity ("hey, come invest in my <insert business idea here>!").
Old 01-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Troll

just work for the state and retire at 97

Quick Reply: $9000 to play with