Might be selling my car- long story

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 07:30 AM

Car Info: Plat Silver '02rs
Unhappy Might be selling my car- long story

I haven't been here in a long time- I've had too many home projects as well as a newborn son to take care of so the car has been pretty low on the agenda. Recent events have given me cause to consider the possibility of selling my car in order for us to afford my wife to be able to be a stay at home mom. This past week and a half has been my worst nightmare-

Here's what I posted on another board I regularly visit: (sorry this is so long)

Monday of last week we picked up our 3 1/2 month old baby boy Colin from daycare and I immediately noticed he looked really pale. He was also lethargic and his breathing was somewhat sporatic- he was also throwing up, which he has NEVER done. We immediately rushed him to our pedaitrician and his blood count was low so he was admitted into the hospital. To make a very long story short after CAT scans, X rays, MRI and blood tests the preliminary diagnosis is that he is the victim of shaken baby syndrome. He was shaken so hard that he suffered fractured ribs, a fractured leg and a subdermal hematoma- causing bleeding between his brain and skull. We're still waitng results on a few more tests but he's currently in the pediatric ICU and is in stable condition. He seems to be eating well and is getting better. I just cannot understand what kind of monster can do this to a defenseless child.

That's all I can say for now because it's just so incredibly hard to write this, especially with Mother's day being tomorrow
I'm not a really religious person but I'm praying now for his health and safe return home- I just hope they get the people that did this and lock them away forever so no other children are hurt.

I've met a lot of really wonderful people on this board and my wife and I need your kind thoughts now more than ever.

Update:
Thanks for all your support guys- it really means a lot to us that so many people are supporting us through this.

The unbelieveable part is that we did everything we were supposed to in finding a daycare provider- we got a list of liscened providers from child services, interviewed and checked references as well. We really can't believe it was the woman we left our son with- we think it was someone that was helping her watch the kids but at this point we just don't know until the police have more information.

What's really hard is that right now we can't even visit our son in the hospital- his injuries are so serious that state law requires he remain in the temporary custody of child services for his protection. All we can do right now is call the hospital for updates but we're hoping we'll be able to see him next week. The nurses in the PICU have been wonderful and are taking really good care of him which is really comforting.
The police and child services have been really nice to us but because the doctors haven't yet come back with any definitive answers regarding exactly how this happened no one is able to see him. The good thing is that they are moving on this case very quickly. All that matters to us right now is that our son gets better and doesn't suffer any long term effects from this. I know they'll get the !!#&$!s that did this to him and prosecute will the full force of the law.

My car is a 2002 (bought it new in April 2001) Platinum Silver 2.5RS with just under 29K miles. The mods are an STi rear spoiler (thanks to Scuba Steve- and yes I'm the poser), Prodrive shift **** and stereo (Alpine deck, JBL amp, MBQuarts up front and Crystal 10" sub in the spare tire.) I still have winter tires on it- Dunlop Winter Sports.

I don't know yet if I'm going to sell it but I thought I'd put it out there just in case.

By the way- there are pictures of Colin here: http://homepage.mac.com/honus67/Colin/PhotoAlbum14.html

Jerome
Old 05-13-2004, 07:39 AM

Car Info: 2004 Impreza WRX
Wow .. that really sucks man .. I feel bad for you!
Old 05-13-2004, 08:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Sorry to hear that man. I hope everything turns out okay.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 CGM WRX Wagon
Man, what is this world coming too? Good luck with everything!
Old 05-13-2004, 07:52 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Wow, i hope your son gets better!