Rally school

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 04:04 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX
Originally Posted by chimchimm5
I did DirtFish 3 day and and the Primitive Rallyx school. DirtFish was absolutely amazing (groupN cars, tons of seat time, incredible course, great instructors)... and priced appropriately. Primitive is also very good, but at a much smaller scale (and costs a lot less).

I absolutely recommend DirtFish; it's worth paying the cost. It's all about performance rally driving. Period. Up to 8 students per class, and no more than 2 students share a car. That means after running through a long course you pretty much go right back out. TONS of seat time. Here's me in one of the exercises:

Primitive is a mix of TSD rally (fun in it's own right) and the driving is on much slower courses in a much smaller area (I went to the Santa Rosa location) so it's more like a rallyx. And because number of students is MUCH higher, you can't get as much seat time.

Bottom line, go for DirtFish. If you can't, then go for Primitive. And no matter what, go join us at the local rallyx that Pomspeed sets up. (Brent) sets up great events.
if you dont mind me asking, how much was it for the 3 day. you can pm or tell the world haha, your choice
Old 01-17-2013, 04:13 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Originally Posted by Will George
if you dont mind me asking, how much was it for the 3 day. you can pm or tell the world haha, your choice
I signed up during their intro when they first got started so I think I got like 20% off the current 3 day price.

They have sales here and there (you just missed one). Last two were a November black friday, and a end of year one. Dunno when they'd do it next.

Those were a fun 3 days. Stayed in just outside Seattle, visited friends/relatives, ate, played, and DirtFish'd. Fricken awesome. I want to do it again.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:01 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX
Originally Posted by chimchimm5

I signed up during their intro when they first got started so I think I got like 20% off the current 3 day price.

They have sales here and there (you just missed one). Last two were a November black friday, and a end of year one. Dunno when they'd do it next.

Those were a fun 3 days. Stayed in just outside Seattle, visited friends/relatives, ate, played, and DirtFish'd. Fricken awesome. I want to do it again.
I know I can not wait until I go! Rally is a dream....