Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

(V)aniacs Journal

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 12:26 AM

Car Info: WRX STi '06 with extra stuff
(V)aniacs Journal

So I have been doing a little bit of work on my car lately and I thought I would start a Journal in order to track my work and to share. The first list is the current setup and the second list is a list of the parts I just ordered. The first tune and install was implemented by (OMITTED UNTIL THE CHALLENGES IN NEXT POST ARE FIXED). The second tune will be done by (TUNE SHOP OMITTED UNLESS THE PROBLEMS ARE FIXED THAT I MENTIONED IN THE NEXT POST), hopefully by the end of next week. The parts are ordered and on there way.

Car Info and previous work:
Year: 2006 Subaru STI
Management: COBB Access Port
Turbo: Stock
Intercooler: Stock
Injectors: Stock
Intake/Inlet: Stock
Headers: Stock
Downpipe: COBB
Exhaust: Tanabe
Brakes: DBA 4000 Series Rotors with Hawk Brake Pads
Other mods: TEIN Flex Coilovers, Eibach Camber bolts, rolled fenders (Front), Grinded (Rear) to accommodate wider wheels, and other suspension work
Wheels: 18x9.5 e38 ROTA grids with 5mm spacers up front
Tires: 245/40/18r Hankook RS3's

Parts and work to be done on this project:
- Aquamist HMS-4 Meth Injection System
- COBB 3 port Boost Solenoid
- Tomei Up-Pipe
- Tomei Unequal Length Headers (The exhaust note was the original reason I was attracted to this car)
- TIC Rear Diff bushings
- Pro-Tune
- COBB Short Throw dual adjustment shifter and bushings

I just ran the car with the current setup at Sonoma Raceway and pulled a 13.2 @100.5mph. I couldn't get a decent launch, I need practice, but my excuse is that this was my first time drag racing this car. I have previously ran numerous Auto-X events hence the reason for all the suspension work and brake updates. I went to Sonoma with a buddy of mine and he smoked me in his 335ix, he was puling 12.4's, so I figured now was a good time to add some more power.

After this round of upgrades I intend on doing a Turbo upgrade before the end of the year with all supporting mods and fuel capacity accommodations, any suggestions? I will post the Dyno numbers as soon as I get everything tuned which should be in the next 2 weeks. I am hopeful and would like to see something close to 300-320whp and 1/4mile numbers in the mid 12's...we will see.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/attach...y-img_0347-jpg

https://www.i-club.com/forums/attach...y-img_2584-jpg

Last edited by (V)aniac; 05-05-2013 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Some HTML tags where added because I coppied list items from another post.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:26 AM

Car Info: WRX STi '06 with extra stuff
Angry Update...

Aquamist HMS-4 Meth Injection - Check
Tomei Header - Check
Tomei Up-Pipe - Check
Pro-Tune Map for 91oct - Check
Pro-Tune Map for 91oct + Meth - Check
Pro-Tune Map for 100oct + Meth - Check

After leaving the shop and driving 100 Miles car breaks down and has major issues with Misfires and CEL codes - FAIL! MAJOR FAIL!

DETAILS TO COME!