Notices
Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

The Reverend's shaggin wagon

Old 05-20-2014, 03:58 PM
  #91  
Call me Pebbles
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Rev. Rob Large's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: I do all my own physics.
Posts: 5,875
Car Info: Moist
Originally Posted by Saabaru916 View Post
Nice! I have that diffuser on my wagon as well. I also have a Perrin rear sway so I just drilled holes in the spare tire pan and installed w/ nuts and bolts. Got it for $20 off another Saabaru owner - couldn't pass it up! Looks like the autocross event was a good time!
Hell of a deal. Diffuser, 3 front brackets (only used 2, rear bracket and all the hardware was about $100 shipped from SGP.

Auto-x is always fun. You should bring the Saabaru out to the next one.
Rev. Rob Large is offline  
Old 05-21-2014, 03:35 PM
  #92  
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Saabaru916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sactown
Posts: 263
Car Info: '05 Saab 92x Aero
Originally Posted by Rev. Rob Large View Post
Hell of a deal. Diffuser, 3 front brackets (only used 2, rear bracket and all the hardware was about $100 shipped from SGP.

Auto-x is always fun. You should bring the Saabaru out to the next one.
Right on, ya I'd definitely like to take it out to a track day or auto-x soon. When's the next local event you'll be going to?
Saabaru916 is offline  
Old 05-21-2014, 04:37 PM
  #93  
Call me Pebbles
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Rev. Rob Large's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: I do all my own physics.
Posts: 5,875
Car Info: Moist
There's an autocross in Stockton May 31-June 1 and one at Mather June 28-29.
Rev. Rob Large is offline  
Old 05-25-2014, 01:15 PM
  #94  
Call me Pebbles
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Rev. Rob Large's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: I do all my own physics.
Posts: 5,875
Car Info: Moist
New seats:



Evo 8 Recaros on Wedge brackets and sliders.

Then this will be happening in the not-so-distant future:


Last edited by Rev. Rob Large; 07-01-2014 at 09:47 PM.
Rev. Rob Large is offline  
Old 05-28-2014, 09:16 AM
  #95  
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Saabaru916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sactown
Posts: 263
Car Info: '05 Saab 92x Aero
Hey man, thanks for the info on the upcoming auto-x events. I won't be able to make those ones but I'll keep in touch at meets or something for future ones - I'd love to take the Saabaru out to one. Any requirement on cars that can participate? Would be fun to talk my dad into taking his MGB out. ha.

Also, your new pics aren't displaying for me.
Saabaru916 is offline  
Old 05-28-2014, 09:41 AM
  #96  
Loves the Anime
iTrader: (12)
 
mistaanime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2,357
Car Info: STWODUCES
Originally Posted by Rev. Rob Large View Post
New seats:



Evo 8 Recaros on Wedge brackets and sliders.

Then this will be happening in the not-so-distant future:

haha were these the one's for sale here not too long ago? thoguht about swoopin em up too
mistaanime is offline  
Old 05-28-2014, 10:06 AM
  #97  
Call me Pebbles
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Rev. Rob Large's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: I do all my own physics.
Posts: 5,875
Car Info: Moist
Originally Posted by Saabaru916 View Post
Hey man, thanks for the info on the upcoming auto-x events. I won't be able to make those ones but I'll keep in touch at meets or something for future ones - I'd love to take the Saabaru out to one. Any requirement on cars that can participate? Would be fun to talk my dad into taking his MGB out. ha.
Autocross is wicked fun. And relatively safe. Safest motorsport event I can think of because, for most street cars, you rarely ever exceed 70mph and the worst that can happen is you run over a cone.

Seeing an older car out there would be awesome. If you check the SCCA rulebook, it'll say what the criteria are for cars that can run. If they'll let a 40-something Dodge coupe out there, I'm sure they'll let an MG run. lol

Originally Posted by Saabaru916 View Post
Also, your new pics aren't displaying for me.
Yeah, facebook is finicky about hosting. I'll probably break down one of these days and open a flickr account. I'm still reluctant to open a webhosting album since webshots deleted all my pictures up through 2006ish without warning.

Originally Posted by mistaanime View Post
haha were these the one's for sale here not too long ago? thoguht about swoopin em up too
I was looking at just the seats from another guy when these, seats and brackets, came up and I couldn't not jump on it. lol
Rev. Rob Large is offline  
Old 05-28-2014, 10:28 AM
  #98  
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Saabaru916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sactown
Posts: 263
Car Info: '05 Saab 92x Aero
Originally Posted by Rev. Rob Large View Post
Autocross is wicked fun. And relatively safe. Safest motorsport event I can think of because, for most street cars, you rarely ever exceed 70mph and the worst that can happen is you run over a cone.

Seeing an older car out there would be awesome. If you check the SCCA rulebook, it'll say what the criteria are for cars that can run. If they'll let a 40-something Dodge coupe out there, I'm sure they'll let an MG run. lol
Right on. What are the safety specs you need? Just your own helmet right? I'd need to borrow one or rent one as I don't have a helmet. My padre and I just installed a roll bar on the MGB so I think he'd be more receptive to taking it out now. Ha, not that you'd roll a MGB in a parking lot auto-x.
Saabaru916 is offline  
Old 05-28-2014, 10:44 AM
  #99  
Call me Pebbles
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Rev. Rob Large's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: I do all my own physics.
Posts: 5,875
Car Info: Moist
Originally Posted by Saabaru916 View Post
Right on. What are the safety specs you need? Just your own helmet right? I'd need to borrow one or rent one as I don't have a helmet. My padre and I just installed a roll bar on the MGB so I think he'd be more receptive to taking it out now. Ha, not that you'd roll a MGB in a parking lot auto-x.
Helmet, for sure, but they have loaners. I'd bring head sock if you're borrowing. Seat belt or harness is needed, too. Other than that, I'm not too sure. That's all you need for a Subaru. lol

I'd imagine anything without a roof would need a roll bar, but that's just me guessing.
Rev. Rob Large is offline  
Old 05-28-2014, 11:04 AM
  #100  
Moist IT Outsourcing Services
 
rupees88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indian Ocean
Posts: 5,332
Car Info: Mahindra Tractor
Originally Posted by Rev. Rob Large View Post
New seats:



Evo 8 Recaros on Wedge brackets and sliders.

Then this will be happening in the not-so-distant future:

god damnnit samir you are breaking the internet. pls use imgur kthx.
rupees88 is offline  
Old 05-28-2014, 11:11 AM
  #101  
Call me Pebbles
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Rev. Rob Large's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: I do all my own physics.
Posts: 5,875
Car Info: Moist
You're IT. You fix it.
Rev. Rob Large is offline  
Old 05-28-2014, 11:20 AM
  #102  
Moist IT Outsourcing Services
 
rupees88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indian Ocean
Posts: 5,332
Car Info: Mahindra Tractor
Originally Posted by Rev. Rob Large View Post
You're IT. You fix it.
Not a problem I will have to charge you my personal contractor rate and with a homie discount that'll come out to roughly $150 and I'll need the original images. kthx.
rupees88 is offline  
Old 05-28-2014, 12:54 PM
  #103  
Call me Pebbles
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Rev. Rob Large's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: I do all my own physics.
Posts: 5,875
Car Info: Moist
Originally Posted by rupees88 View Post
Not a problem I will have to charge you my personal contractor rate and with a homie discount that'll come out to roughly $150 and I'll need the original images. kthx.
So, cheap whiskey?
Rev. Rob Large is offline  
Old 05-28-2014, 02:06 PM
  #104  
Moist IT Outsourcing Services
 
rupees88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indian Ocean
Posts: 5,332
Car Info: Mahindra Tractor
Originally Posted by Rev. Rob Large View Post
So, vintage whiskey?
That or a six speed.
rupees88 is offline  
Old 06-25-2014, 09:00 AM
  #105  
Call me Pebbles
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Rev. Rob Large's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: I do all my own physics.
Posts: 5,875
Car Info: Moist
Few new fun upgrades.

Took the car to FW and had them put in a new STI brake booster and master cylinder. While the car was in the air, we threw on a lower cross brace. The drive home was fun: brakes feel rock solid and the car is nice and flat through corners.

Got Toby home, tore into him and put on TiC fender braces. Kinda ran out of steam so, I'll be putting him back together later today or tonight.

Autocross this weekend! w00t.
Rev. Rob Large is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Reverend's shaggin wagon


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.