Newbie & FAQ New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the I-Club group. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Warning newb question

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 06:21 PM

Warning newb question

Hey got a quick noob question,

Been doing my research and recently came across an accessport with an invidia cat less divorced waste gate 2 bung downpipe. Can I run this in my 2011 wrx without an exhaust and go stage 2 or do I need the exhaust? Or does this simply qualify as stage 1? Help me out Bc it's selling for a great price and I would love to go stage 2.

Thanks guys.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Loves the Anime

Car Info: STWODUCES
yep. running those bookshelf maps off the accessport are ok. They are for temporary use anyway. when you get everything together. save up for a protune and the the results will amaze you. then you wanna do stage 3. good luck!
Old 11-17-2013, 07:02 PM

Car Info: @eatwithnaveed
what they said ^. to be honest, just buy the catback too? im sure you can find one for a couple hundred bucks. the better the breathing, the better the car will run.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:10 PM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
Originally Posted by jay_wrx
Hey got a quick noob question,

Been doing my research and recently came across an accessport with an invidia cat less divorced waste gate 2 bung downpipe. Can I run this in my 2011 wrx without an exhaust and go stage 2 or do I need the exhaust? Or does this simply qualify as stage 1? Help me out Bc it's selling for a great price and I would love to go stage 2.

Thanks guys.
1. What do you mean by "without an exhaust"?
Yes you can run open downpipe, but LEO's will get you within minutes.
2. Not sure what you are trying to ask, but your stock catback exhaust can be used in a "stage 2" configuration according to Cobbs website. Only issue you may encounter is trying to mate the 3" downpipe to the 2.5" catback.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by mistaanime
yep. running those bookshelf maps off the accessport are ok. They are for temporary use anyway. when you get everything together. save up for a protune and the the results will amaze you. then you wanna do stage 3. good luck!
So what your saying is if I throw in this downpipe and keep the stock exhaust I can safely run the cobb stage 2 map? Just making sure I'm trying to be careful here lol
Thank you!!
Old 11-18-2013, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by theoutbackdream
1. What do you mean by "without an exhaust"? Yes you can run open downpipe, but LEO's will get you within minutes. 2. Not sure what you are trying to ask, but your stock catback exhaust can be used in a "stage 2" configuration according to Cobbs website. Only issue you may encounter is trying to mate the 3" downpipe to the 2.5" catback.
I mean that I will run the invidia downpipe I named here and keep the stock exhaust and run a stage 2 map. Just wanna make sure that's doable and safe. I don't wanna try to beat the ECU with false mods lol
Old 11-18-2013, 08:34 PM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
Originally Posted by jay_wrx

I mean that I will run the invidia downpipe I named here and keep the stock exhaust and run a stage 2 map. Just wanna make sure that's doable and safe. I don't wanna try to beat the ECU with false mods lol
Assuming stock intake.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/Accessport...1-Stock-Intake
Old 11-18-2013, 09:08 PM
Technical Know-It-All

Car Info: '02 WRX + '15 WRX
You're gonna need a custom tune, but yes.