im leaving i-club

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 09:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: SCBYDON
Originally posted by Alfriedeggs
I'm sure they told you Nick's side of the story, too, right?
you missed my point...i could care less about their argument....that's not my point, whelp guess you missed it, re-read and maybe you'll get it
Old 08-22-2003, 10:51 AM
VIP Member

Re: WHoa

Originally posted by wrexr
You guys have way to much time on your hands...
You can't give this thread up, can you?
...guess they can't oh well...
Old 08-22-2003, 10:53 AM
VIP Member

Re: Re: WHoa

You didn't help it by replying.
..didn't help it by making this comment either....
Old 08-22-2003, 10:55 AM
VIP Member

I'm sure they told you Nick's side of the story, too, right?
Who the **** cares?!? my point was they were civil and decent (there's my point, just in case you still don't get it after re-reading.... )
Old 08-22-2003, 11:26 AM
KC

Car Info: 2003 STX Pro-Solo/Solo-II National Champion
Originally posted by subiedon
Who the **** cares?!? my point was they were civil and decent (there's my point, just in case you still don't get it after re-reading.... )
Ok... We get the point. Really we do. However ON HERE is NOT real life. You're failing to grasp that very small, minute, diminutive concept.

P.S. I met Alex (Imprezer) at the UCKK meet here in the Bay Area, it was my first time to go to that meet, i asked Alex what happened to the original I-club (registered over there back in 2000)...guess what....he nicely told me with the help of BAN SUV(Kevin) what went down....he/they did not scream NOOB, or DO A SEARCH in front of my face...cause that would be disrespectful.
Would you have been mad if he said 'I don't want to talk about it'? And in real life, you canot tell someone to 'do a search'. Hold on, let me whip out my palm while I'm standing here and wasting your time. See how rediculous that is?

Again, there's a separation between FORUM LIFE and REAL LIFE. Behaviours are quite different. Forum life... it's fake. On-line persona et al. Some people act on here like in real life. Some people on here act totally different in real life. Just like around certian people, you may be different. (Do you act like a know it all in front of your parents??? Call them on things. Try it. "Sorry Dad, you were wrong in bringing me up the way you did. I didn't get the affection I needed")

Trust me when I say, Alex (and some say Nick) WERE NOT very civil when the forums split... and well gee... that was forum life, not real life. Time has passed, and I'm sure the story has evolved into something that passes as fantasy.

I have a question for you Don... how long have you been involved in forums on-line? There are certain things, a certain ettiqute, that should be followed. One of them is "Before you post, make sure the question hasn't been asked before".

Why do you think many corporations have FAQ pages on their site? It's called Fequently Asked Questions. It's the 1st place anyone new to a web site should go to because it answers most frequently asked questions.

THEN A person gonig to that companies site, looking for something particular, would do what? Search. Type in the word or phrase to find it.

THEN if the answer still isn't obvious, a call to tech support. In which tech support would do one of two things... walk them through the steps for fixing, or refer them to a web page.

The club here is just another website with content provided by members in real time, with all the answers archived. Look at that... a FAQ button. And a search capability.

There really is nothing wrong in THIS world to tell people to do a search. Nothing wrong at ALL.

Problem is, people these days are lazy. They want the answer immediately and with the power of the web that breeds A.D.D., they think that they can get the answer right here, right now. Years ago it was... go to the library.

Most of us say "do the same thing we did... go look yourself for it by doing a search".

--kC

Last edited by KC; 08-22-2003 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-22-2003, 12:34 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by KC
Ok... We get the point. Really we do. However ON HERE is NOT real life. You're failing to grasp that very small, minute, diminutive concept.

Would you have been mad if he said 'I don't want to talk about it'? And in real life, you canot tell someone to 'do a search'. Hold on, let me whip out my palm while I'm standing here and wasting your time. See how rediculous that is?

Again, there's a separation between FORUM LIFE and REAL LIFE. Behaviours are quite different. Forum life... it's fake. On-line persona et al. Some people act on here like in real life. Some people on here act totally different in real life. Just like around certian people, you may be different. (Do you act like a know it all in front of your parents??? Call them on things. Try it. "Sorry Dad, you were wrong in bringing me up the way you did. I didn't get the affection I needed")

Trust me when I say, Alex (and some say Nick) WERE NOT very civil when the forums split... and well gee... that was forum life, not real life. Time has passed, and I'm sure the story has evolved into something that passes as fantasy.

I have a question for you Don... how long have you been involved in forums on-line? There are certain things, a certain ettiqute, that should be followed. One of them is "Before you post, make sure the question hasn't been asked before".

Why do you think many corporations have FAQ pages on their site? It's called Fequently Asked Questions. It's the 1st place anyone new to a web site should go to because it answers most frequently asked questions.

THEN A person gonig to that companies site, looking for something particular, would do what? Search. Type in the word or phrase to find it.

THEN if the answer still isn't obvious, a call to tech support. In which tech support would do one of two things... walk them through the steps for fixing, or refer them to a web page.

The club here is just another website with content provided by members in real time, with all the answers archived. Look at that... a FAQ button. And a search capability.

There really is nothing wrong in THIS world to tell people to do a search. Nothing wrong at ALL.

Problem is, people these days are lazy. They want the answer immediately and with the power of the web that breeds A.D.D., they think that they can get the answer right here, right now. Years ago it was... go to the library.

Most of us say "do the same thing we did... go look yourself for it by doing a search".

--kC
first of all, Holy S**t!!! that's a lot of crap......haha! 2nd, if this is not real life, then i-club must just be my imagination.....3rd...are you sure you searched for all the answers for all your questions here in the forums??? give you props for that for not being lazy.....4th i get your point too....but somehow its easy for most of us to be rude and a$$hole$ than to be civil and just ignore posts that just get on your nerves....5th this is so much fun, wish we had more of these in BAiC....how about NO!

bottomline lets just be jerkoffs and dicks about it....so for the one that left
you deserve it

BTW thanks for all the info on Forum life, that really helps me a lot...i owe you man

so what kind of exhaust should i get for my car???
Old 08-22-2003, 12:38 PM
VIP Member

for real though, its just sad that people leave this site because of some bull$hit that should not even affect them...but oh well, like KC said, that is forum life, take no offense, i understand,and now off to the real life..
Old 08-22-2003, 01:29 PM
VIP Member

So, you're saying that you don't care if they were telling you the truth or not, or at least the entire story, as long as they are nice to you???
to an extent i do...but again the point is missed
Old 08-22-2003, 01:30 PM
VIP Member

So, you're saying that you don't care if they were telling you the truth or not, or at least the entire story, as long as they are nice to you???
do you care???
Old 08-22-2003, 01:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: want a WRX
ahh too much to read...to lazy...this is kinda gettin off topic...just a little
Old 08-22-2003, 04:50 PM
KC

Car Info: 2003 STX Pro-Solo/Solo-II National Champion
Topic:
Someone Leaving

Conversation Ensued about 'why'.

I fail to see how it's off topic....

Or was the conversation supposed to go...

"I'm leaving"
then
"OK Bye".

How is it off topic? Oh yeah, you dropped a name trying to imprezz.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: want a WRX
well the conversation is becoming pointless...i think mysubaruimp is already gone..and people are just arguing now...so a little off topic and a little retarded ...and read your last long-@$$ post again...thats about people not searching before they ask a question...not about mysubaruimp leaving...did you just wanna vent or something?...kc reread the last page of this thread and then read your comment...and did you ever think that maybe people started threads of things that had been covered before because they had tiny questions that werent answered? get what im saying? subiedon i agree with almost everything you've said on this thread

Last edited by awns729; 08-22-2003 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:28 PM

Car Info: '03 Black Sedan
Originally posted by subiedon
BTW thanks for all the info on Forum life, that really helps me a lot...i owe you man

so what kind of exhaust should i get for my car???
Scoobysport baby....its all 'bout the Scoobysport!

It's nice to follow the rants on this thread but really it's not worth taking years off your life worrying about crap like this...My theory is that people are going to do what they want to do no matter what...they may say one thing but want something else...in the long run they're going to get to that something else no matter how long they string others along...and that's their bag baby.

You can argue until there's not enough oxygen left on this earth to breathe but are you really going to change the other person by barking your opinion at them that's tainted with your beliefs and values systems? Hell no beeeotch! Look at it from their perspective first...no REALLY look at it and try to understand where they're coming from before pushing your values onto them...and leave it at that, they may appreciate the fact that someone actually attempted to look at the problem from their side...maybe you didn't SOLVE said problem but the empathy alone is meaningful...and this 'do a search' business is all BS...people post the SAME questions anyway...because usually this is all new to them...and once again, people are going to do what they want to no matter what...so SKIP those posts that you don't think are worth reading, or deal with why the hell CF sidemarkers are so cool.

Anyway to answer your question...Scoobysport ...

Why can't we just all say "aww the heck with it, lets get together, build a fire, sing songs, and bake cookies!"

Quick Reply: im leaving i-club