i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Meetings, Events and Group Streaking (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-group-streaking-118/)
-   -   Official Wednesday Night Sac Raceway Drag Race meet thread (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-group-streaking-118/official-wednesday-night-sac-raceway-drag-race-meet-thread-92430/)

Double Phister 03-16-2005 03:29 PM

[QUOTE=soggynoodles]You know, and this is just a thought. Why doesn't she try to save some money and stop street racing? I mean she could save some cash and work less by not getting those speeding tickets.

Like I said, it's just a thought...[/QUOTE]
That would be like you not modding your car to save some money.

JohnQGearhead 03-16-2005 03:35 PM

Joel is friend of mine as well.

Neato.

soggynoodles 03-16-2005 03:51 PM

[QUOTE=R4ND0M_AX3]That would be like you not modding your car to save some money.[/QUOTE]

But when you mod your car, you put money into something you'll see.

Double Phister 03-16-2005 04:17 PM

[QUOTE=soggynoodles]But when you mod your car, you put money into something you'll see.[/QUOTE]
I'm just saying that we all have hobbies. Most of them are money pits.

Wingless Wonder 03-16-2005 09:51 PM

No [color=gray][i][b]sonicsuby[/b][/i][/color]. :( Neither Lance nor myself had a chance to see your post before we headed out to the drags. Some of our fellow members turned some very decent times tonight. Sorry, I don't remember your names or screennames. Lots of WRXx and STis out tonight.

My two runs were slower than I'd expected. The starting line was smooth and rut free, unlike the last time I ran my car. I probably should've let the clutch out more aggressively but I'm okay with consistent 14.2 times. My 60-ft clockings were 2.18 and 2.04 so I've had better days. ;)

The main thing I wanted to see was that my CEL has not yet come back on after looking at that damned lamp for the past five months. I did the EGT sensor CEL fix (resistor mod) for the uppipe on Sunday and reset the ECU this afternoon after the CEL did not go out on its own.

The strangest looking car was some sort of '70s era Toyota hatchback coupe that with a completely gutted interior and a hole in the hood to sprout a big carburetor with an old school velocity stack and some weird 2" diameter welded bent tubing that looked like it could be part of a home-brewed intake manifold. He dialed in later at 15.1 I'd say it needs more work. :p

[size=1][color=skyblue]--
0==[color=blue]WW[/color]==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush[/color][/size]

nachomc 03-16-2005 10:00 PM

I apologize, Alan. Work has been brutal over the past week - early days, late nights, hard work.

I think I'm busy next Wednesday, so maybe the following I can make it out.

sublime1 03-16-2005 10:01 PM

Just got back from the track tonight. I was wondering what happened to you Sonicsuby.There was another sonic yellow wrx that was there. Larry and I raced our cars. I hit 14.7 with 2.1 60 ft. Probably 12 subies representin. You know how we roll deep.

Wingless Wonder 03-16-2005 10:02 PM

No need to apologize - we missed you, is all. ;)

Yeah, we can try to go while the weather is still cool. I'm not a big fan of those evenings where the temps are in the 70s and 80s even after the sun goes down.

[size=1][color=skyblue]--
0==[color=blue]WW[/color]==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush[/color][/size]

TitanSTI 03-16-2005 10:04 PM

i was reppin the subues by being parked!!!

sublime1 03-24-2005 06:58 AM

Anyone make it to the track last night?

soggynoodles 03-24-2005 08:05 AM

I think it was closed last night speed racer.

topnotchwrx 03-25-2005 11:12 PM

so is anybody going to the track this upc coming wednesday?

im hoping to make it before something else goes wrong with the car.

nachomc 03-25-2005 11:41 PM

I'd like to go this Wednesday. We'll see how the week shapes up. Right now things are looking good for the coming week, but who knows what will become a priority on Monday :|

BayareasBlackSt 03-28-2005 05:15 AM

WOOOHOOO...its SUNDAY/MONDAY!.....anyone care to join me this wednesday at the tracks? All my friends either have work or school and cant make it =\ so i might have to go solo...Well ima be out there this wednesday in a Blue Sti, dont hesitate to say hi. i wont bite. =D

nachomc 03-28-2005 08:51 AM

I want to go. We'll see if I make it.