Official Wednesday Night Sac Raceway Drag Race meet thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 03:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Arrow Official Wednesday Night Sac Raceway Drag Race meet thread

Alright, my mods are in and I'm ready to see if I can break my transmission after having them for less than a week (god I hope I don't, I'll be easy on the car).

So lets go out there and have some fun.

I usually try to get there by 4:30 for to pay, sign up and tech. Plus this ensures you get the maximum runs and don't get stuck in the back of the line. We can all try to meet up at the gates at 4 - 4:30pm.

I'll probably only stay till 6:30 or so, or whenever the bracket racing begins.

Info.

Rules:

* All drivers must have a valid state driver's license.

* All vehicles must pass a basic NHRA ET Bracket safety inspection. For a full listing of requirements, consult an NHRA Rulebook.

* A single co-driver is permitted in vehicles running slower than 14.00 seconds. *

* Co-drivers must be at least 16 years old and must sit in the front seat.

* All drivers and co-drivers must wear long pants and shirts with sleeves (no tank tops).

* SFI approved helmets are required for all vehicles running quicker than 14.00 seconds.

* Racers running and NHRA ET number and winning 3 or more times (not including motorcycles) must run Street Pro.
I'm already borrowing Scotts helmet, so make sure you have one if you're running faster than 14s flat.

Directions:
  1. Get yourself to Bradshaw Rd (it's off Hwy 50 just after Watt if you're heading east).
  2. If you exit from the eastbound side of 50, turn right on to Bradshaw. If you exit from the westbound side of 50 turn left on to Bradshaw (going over the freeway).
  3. Take Bradshaw to Jackson Hwy (also Hwy 16) and turn left on to Jackson Hwy.
  4. Follow Jackson Hwy to Excelsior Rd. and turn left on to Excelsior.
  5. The track is on Excelsior on your right. You can't miss it. If you do miss it, go get your eyes checked, you're probably blind.

Don't speed on Excelsior. Cops know Wednesday is fun drag night and are regularly out there. Additionally, it pisses off the people who live on Excelsior as well as track officials. No jack assery. Make sure you get your bathroom breaks taken care of before you get to the track - they have porta potties there but there aren't too many so there may be a line. Bring some water and a snack if you want and don't forget some warm clothing like a sweatshirt in case it's cold that night.

Admission:

$15 to race
$6 to watch

Should be fun. Post up if you're coming!
Old 03-13-2005, 06:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
I might come to see your runs with the new setup
Old 03-13-2005, 06:31 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
I'll be there.

No new mods since the last time. It's my day off this week so I can get to Sac Raceway early.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 03-13-2005, 06:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
Originally Posted by Wingless Wonder
I'll be there.

No new mods since the last time. It's my day off this week so I can get to Sac Raceway early.
Sweet, been a while since I've seen ya Alan
Old 03-13-2005, 06:54 PM

Thanks, yeah it's been months.

--
0==WW==0
Old 03-13-2005, 07:03 PM

Location: Just when I find the key to success, someone goes and changes the locks.
Car Info: "Why Warthog sir?"
ill be there testing out my new mods. but i only get off work at 5 so ill probably be there at 5:30-45.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:44 PM

Car Info: Blue 2004 WRX
Cool

Well i am tring to figure out why i am getting low times so i will be out there this wensday to test some changes i made so i will see you all out there!

P.S if someone would look over my time slips and could help me learn how to read them that would be great!
Old 03-15-2005, 12:36 PM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
Originally Posted by Riggs on IWS
I still have no idea why dragging an STi excites anybody? Or dragging anything for that matter.

Mine could run 8's and I would still be bored as hell, just 2 seconds less bored than if it run 10's.

Whatever floats your boat I guess?

Just my opinion.
That's funny.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:50 PM

Origami posted by Riggs on IWS
Whatever floats your boat I guess?

Just my opinion.
Whenever I read words like those (and I have on more than one occasion), I think how pathetic and judgmental a person must be to try to pass off condescending smacktalk for 'just my opinion'.

We don't care that there are folks that don't 'get' drag racing. They don't have to like it or understand it or give their approval. I never feel the need to make excuses for doing it. There are also people on this board that never put a tire on a road course and have no plans to do anything other than straightline. That's their choice, too. Then there are those who aren't 'into' rallying or even watching it on Speed Channel. Many of us in SRIC partake in both road course track days and Wednesday night drags on occasion. We are also avid watchers of the WRC and some members do rally.

Our cars are capable of doing so many things well, if properly driven. Combine that with everyday practicality in the wet or snowy conditions and you have a vehicle that really can be fun to drive in so many different venues and situations.

When you see posts like the one quoted, just ignore the trolls.

--
0==WW==0
Old 03-15-2005, 07:09 PM

Car Info: 2007 suzuki GSX-R600
Damn! I wish I could go! I gotta go take my dog to get shots done
Old 03-15-2005, 08:04 PM

Car Info: Silver 09 STI
Originally Posted by Gathmor
Well i am tring to figure out why i am getting low times so i will be out there this wensday to test some changes i made so i will see you all out there!

P.S if someone would look over my time slips and could help me learn how to read them that would be great!
ill show u if i go.... unfortunatly i wont be running my car so youll have a hard time fidning me. hehehe.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:03 AM

Car Info: Blue 2004 WRX
SOrry

I went by and saw Nate today and he looked at my broken front sway bar. I was then told that it would NOT be a good idea to head out to the drag strip this Wen. so sorry but I now cant come.

Beleve me I am pissed about the whole thing and my roommate is going to kill me over it. He took time of work just to go with me. Anyways I will try to catch some of you next week if I can.
Attached Thumbnails Official Wednesday Night Sac Raceway Drag Race meet thread-post.jpg  
Old 03-16-2005, 01:49 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
You haven't been sent a replacement for it yet? That's a Helix bar isn't it?

If you really want to, you can just remove the bar completely and still go to the strip. Just take all the turns on the way there and back nice and easy. No sharp steering inputs whatsoever.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:50 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Also, stickied and edited the thread title. No reason to keep making a new meet thread for the same event every week for the next 7 months.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:04 AM

Car Info: Dying is not an option. It's an upgrade.
I'll be there tonight. I'm bringing a helmet just in case someone needs one. I surely don't.

Quick Reply: Official Wednesday Night Sac Raceway Drag Race meet thread