i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Meetings, Events and Group Streaking (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-group-streaking-118/)
-   -   Official Wednesday Night Sac Raceway Drag Race meet thread (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-group-streaking-118/official-wednesday-night-sac-raceway-drag-race-meet-thread-92430/)

nachomc 03-13-2005 03:56 PM

Official Wednesday Night Sac Raceway Drag Race meet thread

Alright, my mods are in and I'm ready to see if I can break my transmission after having them for less than a week (god I hope I don't, I'll be easy on the car).

So lets go out there and have some fun.

I usually try to get there by 4:30 for to pay, sign up and tech. Plus this ensures you get the maximum runs and don't get stuck in the back of the line. We can all try to meet up at the gates at 4 - 4:30pm.

I'll probably only stay till 6:30 or so, or whenever the bracket racing begins.

Info.

Rules:

[quote]
* All drivers must have a valid state driver's license.

* All vehicles must pass a basic NHRA ET Bracket safety inspection. For a full listing of requirements, consult an NHRA Rulebook.

* A single co-driver is permitted in vehicles running slower than 14.00 seconds. *

* Co-drivers must be at least 16 years old and must sit in the front seat.

* All drivers and co-drivers must wear long pants and shirts with sleeves (no tank tops).

* SFI approved helmets are required for all vehicles running quicker than 14.00 seconds.

* Racers running and NHRA ET number and winning 3 or more times (not including motorcycles) must run Street Pro.[/quote]

I'm already borrowing Scotts helmet, so make sure you have one if you're running faster than 14s flat.

Directions:
[list=*][*]Get yourself to Bradshaw Rd (it's off Hwy 50 just after Watt if you're heading east).[*]If you exit from the [b]eastbound[/b] side of 50, turn right on to Bradshaw. If you exit from the [b]westbound[/b] side of 50 turn left on to Bradshaw (going over the freeway).[*]Take Bradshaw to Jackson Hwy (also Hwy 16) and turn left on to Jackson Hwy.[*]Follow Jackson Hwy to Excelsior Rd. and turn left on to Excelsior.[*]The track is on Excelsior on your right. You can't miss it. If you do miss it, go get your eyes checked, you're probably blind.[/list]
Don't speed on Excelsior. Cops know Wednesday is fun drag night and are regularly out there. Additionally, it pisses off the people who live on Excelsior as well as track officials. No jack assery. Make sure you get your bathroom breaks taken care of before you get to the track - they have porta potties there but there aren't too many so there may be a line. Bring some water and a snack if you want and don't forget some warm clothing like a sweatshirt in case it's cold that night.

Admission:

$15 to race
$6 to watch

Should be fun. Post up if you're coming!

kidatari 03-13-2005 06:09 PM

I might come to see your runs with the new setup ;)

Wingless Wonder 03-13-2005 06:31 PM

I'll be there. :)

No new mods since the last time. It's my day off this week so I can get to Sac Raceway early.

[size=1][color=skyblue]--
0==[color=blue]WW[/color]==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush[/color][/size]

kidatari 03-13-2005 06:50 PM

[QUOTE=Wingless Wonder]I'll be there. :)

No new mods since the last time. It's my day off this week so I can get to Sac Raceway early.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, been a while since I've seen ya Alan ;)

Wingless Wonder 03-13-2005 06:54 PM

Thanks, yeah it's been months. ;)

topnotchwrx 03-13-2005 07:03 PM

ill be there testing out my new mods. but i only get off work at 5 so ill probably be there at 5:30-45.

Gathmor 03-13-2005 09:44 PM

Cool

Well i am tring to figure out why i am getting low times so i will be out there this wensday to test some changes i made so i will see you all out there!

P.S if someone would look over my time slips and could help me learn how to read them that would be great!

Double Phister 03-15-2005 12:36 PM

[QUOTE=Riggs on IWS]I still have no idea why dragging an STi excites anybody? Or dragging anything for that matter.

Mine could run 8's and I would still be bored as hell, just 2 seconds less bored than if it run 10's.

Whatever floats your boat I guess?

Just my opinion.
[/QUOTE]
That's funny.

Wingless Wonder 03-15-2005 05:50 PM

[quote][size=1][color=gray][i]Origami posted by [b]Riggs on IWS[/b][/i][/color]
[font=Arial][color=royalblue]Whatever floats your boat I guess?

Just my opinion.
[/color][/font][/size][/quote]Whenever I read words like those (and I have on more than one occasion), I think how pathetic and judgmental a person must be to try to pass off condescending smacktalk for 'just my opinion'.

We don't care that there are folks that don't 'get' drag racing. They don't have to like it or understand it or give their approval. I never feel the need to make excuses for doing it. There are also people on this board that never put a tire on a road course and have no plans to do anything other than straightline. That's their choice, too. Then there are those who aren't 'into' rallying or even watching it on Speed Channel. Many of us in SRIC partake in [i][size=2]both[/size][/i] road course track days and Wednesday night drags on occasion. We are also avid watchers of the WRC and some members do rally.

Our cars are capable of doing so many things well, if properly driven. Combine that with everyday practicality in the wet or snowy conditions and you have a vehicle that really can be fun to drive in so many different venues and situations. :)

When you see posts like the one quoted, just ignore the trolls. ;)

isr96 03-15-2005 07:09 PM

Damn! I wish I could go! I gotta go take my dog to get shots done :(

TitanSTI 03-15-2005 08:04 PM

[QUOTE=Gathmor]Well i am tring to figure out why i am getting low times so i will be out there this wensday to test some changes i made so i will see you all out there!

P.S if someone would look over my time slips and could help me learn how to read them that would be great![/QUOTE]
ill show u if i go.... unfortunatly i wont be running my car so youll have a hard time fidning me. hehehe.

Gathmor 03-16-2005 12:03 AM

SOrry

1 Attachment(s)
I went by and saw Nate today and he looked at my broken front sway bar. I was then told that it would NOT be a good idea to head out to the drag strip this Wen. so sorry but I now cant come.

Beleve me I am pissed about the whole thing and my roommate is going to kill me over it. He took time of work just to go with me. Anyways I will try to catch some of you next week if I can.

Kevin M 03-16-2005 01:49 AM

You haven't been sent a replacement for it yet? That's a Helix bar isn't it?

If you really want to, you can just remove the bar completely and still go to the strip. Just take all the turns on the way there and back nice and easy. No sharp steering inputs whatsoever.

Kevin M 03-16-2005 01:50 AM

Also, stickied and edited the thread title. No reason to keep making a new meet thread for the same event every week for the next 7 months.

sublime1 03-16-2005 07:04 AM

I'll be there tonight. I'm bringing a helmet just in case someone needs one. I surely don't.

soggynoodles 03-16-2005 07:05 AM

I will not be there tonight.

TitanSTI 03-16-2005 12:11 PM

yeah, ill be there for, i dont know wether ill be able to park inside yet or not though, looks like i most likely will. ide loan my helmet out, but my friend is gonna use it. hes got the fast redfire 03 cobra. his GF has the loud blue 04 mach 1.

soggynoodles 03-16-2005 01:05 PM

[QUOTE=BlackVenom96]yeah, ill be there for, i dont know wether ill be able to park inside yet or not though, looks like i most likely will. ide loan my helmet out, but my friend is gonna use it. hes got the fast redfire 03 cobra. his GF has the loud blue 04 mach 1.[/QUOTE]

OMG It's Aaron's enemy! :eek:
SIKMACH!!!

nachomc 03-16-2005 02:48 PM

I'm not going to make it tonight. I ended up having to come in to work at 6am and had a ****ty day from there on out. I'm not feeling well and I'm ****ing beat, so I'm going home. Maybe next week.

TitanSTI 03-16-2005 02:56 PM

[QUOTE=soggynoodles]OMG It's Aaron's enemy! :eek:
SIKMACH!!![/QUOTE]
mind explaing? shes a really good friend of mine.

Kevin M 03-16-2005 03:03 PM

[QUOTE=BlackVenom96]mind explaing? shes a really good friend of mine.[/QUOTE]

Presuming it's her, she's also a dip**** street racer.

soggynoodles 03-16-2005 03:08 PM

I'm scared to tell you. She might street race me to death. :(

sybir 03-16-2005 03:12 PM

They're just screwing around. I've ended up next to her at a stoplight a few times on Sunrise, and one of those times she took off spinning tires; the next thing I saw was a cop pulling out (and I assume pulling her over ;))

It was just funny becuase all of us have seen the car screaming around on Sunrise, it was that she was trying to prove a point to my 165hp of fury ;)

TitanSTI 03-16-2005 03:15 PM

[QUOTE=Aaron@S-S]They're just screwing around. I've ended up next to her at a stoplight a few times on Sunrise, and one of those times she took off spinning tires; the next thing I saw was a cop pulling out (and I assume pulling her over ;))

It was just funny becuase all of us have seen the car screaming around on Sunrise, it was that she was trying to prove a point to my 165hp of fury ;)[/QUOTE]
hahahaha, yup thats her. ude think after countless tickets, including 2 speed contest tickets, thousands of dollars in fines, her car being impounded, and spending 30 days in jail that she'd learn her lesson...... but nope. her insurance is like 600 a month. i learned my lesson through her, LOL.

soggynoodles 03-16-2005 03:15 PM

[url]https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87659&highlight=sikmach[/url]

soggynoodles 03-16-2005 03:16 PM

[QUOTE=BlackVenom96]hahahaha, yup thats her. ude think after countless tickets, including 2 speed contest tickets, thousands of dollars in fines, her car being impounded, and spending 30 days in jail that she'd learn her lesson...... but nope. her insurance is like 600 a month. i learned my lesson through her, LOL.[/QUOTE]

It must be nice to have mom and dad take care of the bills. :rolleyes:

TitanSTI 03-16-2005 03:21 PM

[QUOTE=soggynoodles]It must be nice to have mom and dad take care of the bills. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
she pays for everything her self. but she has to work 6 days a week and work 18 hour days and **** to do it. so i have TONS of respect for her for that.

JohnQGearhead 03-16-2005 03:25 PM

BlackVenom96,

Do you know Joel Courage?

soggynoodles 03-16-2005 03:28 PM

[QUOTE=BlackVenom96]she pays for everything her self. but she has to work 6 days a week and work 18 hour days and **** to do it. so i have TONS of respect for her for that.[/QUOTE]

You know, and this is just a thought. Why doesn't she try to save some money and stop street racing? I mean she could save some cash and work less by not getting those speeding tickets.

Like I said, it's just a thought...

TitanSTI 03-16-2005 03:29 PM

[QUOTE=soggynoodles]You know, and this is just a thought. Why doesn't she try to save some money and stop street racing? I mean she could save some cash and work less by not getting those speeding tickets.

Like I said, it's just a thought...[/QUOTE]
trust me, weve been trying to tell her that for awhile.

and yes i know Joel, hella cool guy. and I WANT HIS JOB!!!!! (if any of you edit that, ill cut you....)

Double Phister 03-16-2005 03:29 PM

[QUOTE=soggynoodles]You know, and this is just a thought. Why doesn't she try to save some money and stop street racing? I mean she could save some cash and work less by not getting those speeding tickets.

Like I said, it's just a thought...[/QUOTE]
That would be like you not modding your car to save some money.

JohnQGearhead 03-16-2005 03:35 PM

Joel is friend of mine as well.

Neato.

soggynoodles 03-16-2005 03:51 PM

[QUOTE=R4ND0M_AX3]That would be like you not modding your car to save some money.[/QUOTE]

But when you mod your car, you put money into something you'll see.

Double Phister 03-16-2005 04:17 PM

[QUOTE=soggynoodles]But when you mod your car, you put money into something you'll see.[/QUOTE]
I'm just saying that we all have hobbies. Most of them are money pits.

Wingless Wonder 03-16-2005 09:51 PM

No [color=gray][i][b]sonicsuby[/b][/i][/color]. :( Neither Lance nor myself had a chance to see your post before we headed out to the drags. Some of our fellow members turned some very decent times tonight. Sorry, I don't remember your names or screennames. Lots of WRXx and STis out tonight.

My two runs were slower than I'd expected. The starting line was smooth and rut free, unlike the last time I ran my car. I probably should've let the clutch out more aggressively but I'm okay with consistent 14.2 times. My 60-ft clockings were 2.18 and 2.04 so I've had better days. ;)

The main thing I wanted to see was that my CEL has not yet come back on after looking at that damned lamp for the past five months. I did the EGT sensor CEL fix (resistor mod) for the uppipe on Sunday and reset the ECU this afternoon after the CEL did not go out on its own.

The strangest looking car was some sort of '70s era Toyota hatchback coupe that with a completely gutted interior and a hole in the hood to sprout a big carburetor with an old school velocity stack and some weird 2" diameter welded bent tubing that looked like it could be part of a home-brewed intake manifold. He dialed in later at 15.1 I'd say it needs more work. :p

nachomc 03-16-2005 10:00 PM

I apologize, Alan. Work has been brutal over the past week - early days, late nights, hard work.

I think I'm busy next Wednesday, so maybe the following I can make it out.

sublime1 03-16-2005 10:01 PM

Just got back from the track tonight. I was wondering what happened to you Sonicsuby.There was another sonic yellow wrx that was there. Larry and I raced our cars. I hit 14.7 with 2.1 60 ft. Probably 12 subies representin. You know how we roll deep.

Wingless Wonder 03-16-2005 10:02 PM

No need to apologize - we missed you, is all. ;)

Yeah, we can try to go while the weather is still cool. I'm not a big fan of those evenings where the temps are in the 70s and 80s even after the sun goes down.

TitanSTI 03-16-2005 10:04 PM

i was reppin the subues by being parked!!!

sublime1 03-24-2005 06:58 AM

Anyone make it to the track last night?

soggynoodles 03-24-2005 08:05 AM

I think it was closed last night speed racer.

topnotchwrx 03-25-2005 11:12 PM

so is anybody going to the track this upc coming wednesday?

im hoping to make it before something else goes wrong with the car.

nachomc 03-25-2005 11:41 PM

I'd like to go this Wednesday. We'll see how the week shapes up. Right now things are looking good for the coming week, but who knows what will become a priority on Monday :|

BayareasBlackSt 03-28-2005 05:15 AM

WOOOHOOO...its SUNDAY/MONDAY!.....anyone care to join me this wednesday at the tracks? All my friends either have work or school and cant make it =\ so i might have to go solo...Well ima be out there this wednesday in a Blue Sti, dont hesitate to say hi. i wont bite. =D

nachomc 03-28-2005 08:51 AM

I want to go. We'll see if I make it.

topnotchwrx 03-28-2005 01:12 PM

im there, hoping to break 13's or my drivetrain.

TitanSTI 03-29-2005 02:25 AM

ill be there, but as usual i wont be racing. if i get my helmet back from my friend, it will be available for borrowing.

TitanSTI 03-29-2005 02:27 AM

i want to see sonic run. you have much experiance at the track dude? what times (including 60ft) are you gonna be shootin for?

nachomc 03-29-2005 09:51 AM

I'm always so worried about blowing up my transmission that I usually go pretty easy on the launch. My best run ever with COBB stg 1 was 14.1 @ 97 with a 2.4 60ft (man that was a good night - foggy + cold = happy turbo). My typical run was 14.4 @ 97 with a 2.1 60ft. My reaction times generally rock - usually .100 or so.

I guess the next time I hit the track I'll be looking for a 60ft in the 1.9 - 2.1 range (I'm gonna be easy on the transmission to avoid certain death from my wonderful fiance if I blow it up) and I'm hoping to run a REAL low 13 with that 60ft time. If I don't totally botch it, I might even be capable of a high 12, but I really don't know. I'll just have to see what happens.

topnotchwrx 03-29-2005 10:00 AM

weather report estimate it be around 41 degress tomorrow night...... schweet!

Kevin M 03-29-2005 01:03 PM

I'll be on my way back from UCKK tomorrow, so I'll probably make it to the track. :)

2.5rs Mike 03-29-2005 01:48 PM

Hey what time does this all go down? I might give it a shot.

soggynoodles 03-29-2005 01:49 PM

[QUOTE=BAN SUVS]I'll be on my way back from UCKK tomorrow, so I'll probably make it to the track. :)[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's a drive. What time are you taking off?

nachomc 03-29-2005 01:56 PM

[QUOTE=2.5rs Mike]Hey what time does this all go down? I might give it a shot.[/QUOTE]
I usually try to get there at 4:30.

topnotchwrx 03-29-2005 02:47 PM

ill be there at 5:30, i wish i can be there when it opens but i only get off work at 5.

schafer 03-29-2005 02:49 PM

Ill be there tommorow, a buddy of mine is running his grey jetta GLI, its pretty fast for a jetta. he has catback, downpipe, its chipped (peaks at 25psi). Ill be there around 4:30 hopefully it doesnt rain.

pbchief2 03-29-2005 03:24 PM

I'm gonna see if I could make it, I want at least one run before the newmotor goes in.

Kevin M 03-29-2005 07:25 PM

[QUOTE=soggynoodles]Wow, that's a drive. What time are you taking off?[/QUOTE]

I'll be leaving Hayward early, and stopping in Vacaville and/or at the shop before heading out.

schafer 03-29-2005 08:48 PM

so who is going for sure??

nachomc 03-29-2005 09:36 PM

I'm going to do my best - I'm calling 80% right now :D

2.5rs Mike 03-29-2005 10:10 PM

I'm going to try too.

Killian Maynard 03-29-2005 10:16 PM

I plan on making it out tomorrow, I might even make a few runs myself?

I saw in the rules that if your run under 14 you are required to wear a helmet. I have no idea what I will run (the car should be able to break 14 but I dont know about me :))Do the referees or whatever look at your mods or wait until after a pass to see what you can do?

Rivers 03-29-2005 10:25 PM

[QUOTE=Killian Maynard]I plan on making it out tomorrow, I might even make a few runs myself?

I saw in the rules that if your run under 14 you are required to wear a helmet. I have no idea what I will run (dont think i'll break that). Do the referees or whatever look at your mods or wait until after a pass to see what you can do?[/QUOTE]

they look under my hood last time, but i didn't think they know what they were looking for and just let me go. if you need a helmet they have loaners there but i don't know how much. i'm going down for sure w/ a coulple of my friends so i probably see you there.

Killian Maynard 03-29-2005 10:26 PM

[QUOTE=Rivers]they look under my hood last time, but i didn't think they know what they were looking for and just let me go. if you need a helmet they have loaners there but i don't know how much. i'm going down for sure w/ a coulple of my friends so i probably see you there.[/QUOTE]

Cool, are you still running the VF30 setup like when I drove it?

Rivers 03-29-2005 10:46 PM

[QUOTE=Killian Maynard]Cool, are you still running the VF30 setup like when I drove it?[/QUOTE]

yup, i'm trying to see if can i get a lower time on my 60ft.

soggynoodles 03-29-2005 10:48 PM

[img]https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/0nc0M/dr7flowcopy.jpg[/img]

TitanSTI 03-29-2005 10:55 PM

when you get teched, they pop your hood to look for things out of the ordinary IE: nitrous solinoids, etc. if you get caught running a sub 14 second time without a helmet you will get a warning or get kicked out depending on how far under you are, you cannot dial in under a 14.00 if you dont have a helmet once the bracket racing begins.

i will be out there watching for sure and im gonna take my camera as well so ill make a vid of all the subys i can get on film and ill post it up here as soon as i edit it.

i might make a pass or 2 in my car. ill be shooting for a 12.80@106 with a 1.7 60ft time. if you see me run, expect a 1-2 second reaction time, i dont go by the lights, i go when im ready. im gonna launch the piss out of it like im trying to break it, should be interesting.

sonic: get your balls out of your finaces death grip and launch it like a man! JK, LOL.

so now i just need to get my helmet back from my friend so i can use it and my other friend can use it.

nachomc 03-30-2005 09:27 AM

[QUOTE=BlackVenom96]sonic: get your balls out of your finaces death grip and launch it like a man! JK, LOL.[/QUOTE]

The real issue is that I have a bunch of money I have to spend on our wedding, so if something happened that made it so we couldn't fund the wedding, or we were left with zero savings, I'd be in trouble ;)

Killian Maynard 03-30-2005 10:43 AM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]The real issue is that I have a bunch of money I have to spend on our wedding, so if something happened that made it so we couldn't fund the wedding, or we were left with zero savings, I'd be in trouble ;)[/QUOTE]

You could always elope in Reno if that happened. "I know pronounce you man and wife, thank you very much!" ;)

nachomc 03-30-2005 10:48 AM

[QUOTE=Killian Maynard]You could always elope in Reno if that happened. "I know pronounce you man and wife, thank you very much!" ;)[/QUOTE]
hah, I know we could. We thought about that but we decided that if we were going to have a wedding we wanted to do a fun wedding with family in a real nice place. We're both really excited about the place we've picked for our wedding and it should be fun. She's really getting in to the planning and the colors and all that ;).

Killian Maynard 03-30-2005 12:52 PM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]hah, I know we could. We thought about that but we decided that if we were going to have a wedding we wanted to do a fun wedding with family in a real nice place. We're both really excited about the place we've picked for our wedding and it should be fun. She's really getting in to the planning and the colors and all that ;).[/QUOTE]

I can understand that, thats good that shes getting into the planning becuase thats less for you to do.

back on track here (hijackers ;))
For the time trials portion (non racing) does the track require you to have your spare, jack etc? If you wanted could you remove your seats and whatever else you deem as uneeded weight for dragging?

nachomc 03-30-2005 12:57 PM

You can take out whatever you want. The hard part is finding a place to keep all your stuff where it won't get jacked while you're running ;)

Killian Maynard 03-30-2005 01:17 PM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]You can take out whatever you want. The hard part is finding a place to keep all your stuff where it won't get jacked while you're running ;)[/QUOTE]

So then you take it out after they inspect your car? If I were to take out anything I would do it before I went to the track.

nachomc 03-30-2005 01:35 PM

You can take it out whenever you want. As long as your car is safe it's cool.

Killian Maynard 03-30-2005 01:52 PM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]You can take it out whenever you want. As long as your car is safe it's cool.[/QUOTE]

I think it will stay, cant imagine 47 lbs will make or break any of my runs lol

Thanks for the info Sonic, see ya there

nachomc 03-30-2005 01:57 PM

[QUOTE=Killian Maynard]I think it will stay, cant imagine 47 lbs will make or break any of my runs lol

Thanks for the info Sonic, see ya there[/QUOTE]
Yeah I wouldn't worry about it. I've always left my stuff in the car because it is usually in there, which means the car performs at the track as it would on the street ;)

topnotchwrx 03-30-2005 01:58 PM

sorry to say that i wont be coming out tonight, AGAIN!!!!!! :(
well theres always next week. hope you guys have fun and break a tranny.

so sonicsuby, will you be inviting your fellow wrxers to your wedding? :D

topnotchwrx 03-30-2005 01:58 PM

double post, theres like 700 people viewing the forum. server overload.

nachomc 03-30-2005 02:05 PM

[QUOTE=topnotchwrx]so sonicsuby, will you be inviting your fellow wrxers to your wedding? :D[/QUOTE]

I'll be inviting a few people from the forums, however, I have a limited number of slots open, so I can't invite as many people as I'd like.

We'll probably have a party with everyone following the wedding ;)

topnotchwrx 03-30-2005 03:10 PM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]I'll be inviting a few people from the forums, however, I have a limited number of slots open, so I can't invite as many people as I'd like.

We'll probably have a party with everyone following the wedding ;)[/QUOTE]

yeah i was just messing with ya. on my sisters wedding, we had to have security around the reception building and we had them checking people for invitations. this was the grand ball room in downtown. needless to say alot of people were unhappy. although the after party was crazy.

nachomc 03-30-2005 03:37 PM

So who all is coming out tonight? I'm leaving in 40 minutes. (maybe 30).

2.5rs Mike 03-30-2005 04:08 PM

Ok I'm gonna scarf some food and come out with a friend.

nachomc 03-30-2005 04:10 PM

Alright, I'm leaving now. I'll head over there. See you guys this evening.

TitanSTI 03-30-2005 04:12 PM

im out the door right now, see ya guys there.

2.5rs Mike 03-30-2005 09:42 PM

That was fun. I left after my second run though. Still got a 15.9:(

pbchief2 03-30-2005 09:59 PM

Couldnt put together a boost controller in time:( So I did'nt make it.

schafer 03-30-2005 10:09 PM

i didnt end up running my car. next week though for sure =)

nachomc 03-30-2005 10:11 PM

I ran a 13.8 @ 99. It sucks that there were so many people there tonight - it took me 3 runs to figure out how to launch the damn car. I think with another run or two I would have gotten even better.

Killian Maynard 03-30-2005 10:57 PM

That was rad guys. I didnt run my car but I filmed every single suby there. I'm putting together a little video right now. For anyone that doesnt want their video published let me know (although I cant make out any of the license plates)

I saw the 13.8 sonic, nice

Hey Rivers I saw you run a 13.8 too, nice work.

There were some wrb STis running mid 13's and one ran a 13 flat. There was a PSM bugeye that ran a 13.2.

How about that new Viper out there? That thing couldnt get any grip whatsoever.

Kevin M 03-30-2005 11:08 PM

[QUOTE=soggynoodles][img]https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/0nc0M/dr7flowcopy.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

I couldn't drive stick on my 2nd and 3rd runs either. :( I managed a 17.4 in my car! w00t!

2.5rs Mike 03-31-2005 12:14 AM

[QUOTE=Killian Maynard]That was rad guys. I didnt run my car but I filmed every single suby there. I'm putting together a little video right now. For anyone that doesnt want their video published let me know (although I cant make out any of the license plates)[/QUOTE]
Please tell me you got the 00 brp rs with the stock rims.

Killian Maynard 03-31-2005 12:26 AM

[QUOTE=2.5rs Mike]Please tell me you got the 00 brp rs with the stock rims.[/QUOTE]

Was that the one with the dents on the passenger side?

Did that one make a run or two along side a WRX or STi?

TitanSTI 03-31-2005 01:19 AM

my best for the night was a 13.53@101 with a 2.08 60ft. my best trap was a 102.6. i couldnt get a good launch to save my life, bogging OWNS me! the guy i bought my car from is the guy with the WRB STi that put down a 13.0 twice, i belive he was the fastest suby of the night. im pretty confident that 12's are just a good launch away, hes gonna give me a little lesson the next time i see him. he was cuttin 1.8's so i know i can learn a lot from him. i mean i can get good launches on the street but i had too much traction at the track. oh well i had a fun night, great to see you guys!

TitanSTI 03-31-2005 01:30 AM

nvm.

nachomc 03-31-2005 06:38 AM

[QUOTE=Killian Maynard]That was rad guys. I didnt run my car but I filmed every single suby there. I'm putting together a little video right now. For anyone that doesnt want their video published let me know (although I cant make out any of the license plates)

I saw the 13.8 sonic, nice

Hey Rivers I saw you run a 13.8 too, nice work.

There were some wrb STis running mid 13's and one ran a 13 flat. There was a PSM bugeye that ran a 13.2.

How about that new Viper out there? That thing couldnt get any grip whatsoever.[/QUOTE]
Sweet, man. Looking forward to the vid. I was dissapointed I didn't get to meet you though.

nachomc 03-31-2005 06:51 AM

Oh, I brought in my timeslip. Anybody wanna give me some good pointers for next time?

On this run, I revved to about 5k, then released the clutch, slipping it when the light went green, and about 2/3 of the way out I just let it go. I think I erased about 5,000 miles from my clutch with that launch. It slipped for a second or so, then caught and I was off. I'm not sure if my clutch is worn to the point that it can't handle that kind of load (40k on the odo) or if I just heated it way up while launching and it couldn't grip due to being so hot.

This run was during eliminations. I went up against an MX-6, and I didn't realize until this morning that the track screwed up my dial in. I had 13.5 on my window, and they put down 13.3. Had they gotten it right, I would have beaten the MX-6. Just as well anyway, I was gonna go home after that run. Even with my screwed up dial in, I still was even with him at the end of the track. He ran a 16.8@82 (had like a 3 second head start on me :rotfl: ).

Anyway:

Reaction: .644 (remember Sac Raceway starts R/T at .000 now)
I1: 2.090 (my fastest 60ft ever!!)
I2: 5.868
I3: 8.992
MPH (I3): 78.832
E.T.: 13.879
MPH: 99.065

Killian Maynard 03-31-2005 07:28 AM

[QUOTE=sonicsuby]Sweet, man. Looking forward to the vid. I was dissapointed I didn't get to meet you though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too, I was looking forward to meeting all of you guys but I didnt get to the track untill like 15 after 5 and immidiately went trackside to get the footage.

Still trying to condense the clips, I have it down to 75megs but my server is still rejecting it.

nachomc 03-31-2005 07:30 AM

[QUOTE=Killian Maynard]Yeah, me too, I was looking forward to meeting all of you guys but I didnt get to the track untill like 15 after 5 and immidiately went trackside to get the footage.

Still trying to condense the clips, I have it down to 75megs but my server is still rejecting it.[/QUOTE]
I have a grip of bandwidth and could host if you like. I'd probably want to take it down after 3 or 4 days. My hosting doesn't support .htaccess files :(

edit: I just checked - under one of my hosting accounts I've used 63.6mb of 101gig and my usage resets on 4/3. I'll host the **** out of that file :D

TitanSTI 03-31-2005 08:02 AM

sonic, were you shifting into fourth? also are you good at rowin throught the gears? i dont know why i would trap 2 mhp higher and get over 3 tenths lower when we had almost identicle 60fts. i need to dyno at S-S so we can closer compare our cars.

nachomc 03-31-2005 08:08 AM

[QUOTE=BlackVenom96]sonic, were you shifting into fourth? also are you good at rowin throught the gears? i dont know why i would trap 2 mhp higher and get over 3 tenths lower when we had almost identicle 60fts. i need to dyno at S-S so we can closer compare our cars.[/QUOTE]
I was shifting in to fourth right near the end. On that last run my shifting was awesome. I just need to get my 60 foot time down for some better ET.